Photo

GDT: Isles @ Devils 7:30PM - Marty's Last Game?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#81 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Ughh that was embarrassing

#82 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

STFU

You shouldnt be allowed to do that. Goalies have virtually no chance at it

#83 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

That Bailey move was dumb. He stopped completely. Strome's at least was more of one fluid motion. 

Too bad. Getting the shootout monkey off our backs was the most that could be hoped for at this point in the season.

Posted Image

#84 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

No goalie named Martin Brodeur at 42 is stopping that spinorama. But it's been attempted before and stopped plenty of times. Whether or not it counted...who cares. The Isles could run their entire lineup out there in the shootout and every one would've scored. Every single one

Edited by '7', 11 April 2014 - 09:26 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#85 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hey we won the Tri-State Challenge! We won something this year! Woooooooo!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#86 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

I hope we go to a shootout Sunday, Jagr skates down, picks the puck up and throws it in the net, just to show what a farce these things are.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#87 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Horsesh!t way to an end of this horsesh!t season. Devils should sign Scott Hamilton and designate him to skate stationary spins in front of the crease in shoot outs.

#88 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Lou really needs to push for the abolishment of shootouts in the offseason

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#89 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

because we can't win a damn one.....hahahaha.....like you,I knew Marty wouldn't stop one no matter the move .

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#90 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

because we can't win a damn one.....hahahaha.....like you,I knew Marty wouldn't stop one no matter the move .

and he actually played a pretty good game. But in the shootouts he's just too slow and just flat out chokes. Those spinoramas were fairly telegraphed. Most goalies would at the very least stop the 2nd.

#91 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

I was never a fan of the shootout, even when we dominated with Kovy, Zach, Patty etc...

How is it fair to teams without snipers? It's a skills competition.

I want more hockey! 4 on 4 and then 3 on 3.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#92 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Idk if it was shown in TV, but Marty hit Bailey in the back with the puck after Bailey burned him. Then Strome started to skate out and Bailey called him back and probably told him to do the spin to just to shove it in Marty's face.
In all honesty I'm glad Marty got burned twice on it. That's some low sore loser sh!t, hitting a player with the puck after he scores.

#93 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

You shouldnt be allowed to do that. Goalies have virtually no chance at it

In that case our players should try it.....somehow they would stop them.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#94 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Idk if it was shown in TV, but Marty hit Bailey in the back with the puck after Bailey burned him. Then Strome started to skate out and Bailey called him back and probably told him to do the spin to just to shove it in Marty's face.
In all honesty I'm glad Marty got burned twice on it. That's some low sore loser sh!t, hitting a player with the puck after he scores.

yea but he's always been that way. I'm sort of glad he's pissed...but jeez just fire it into a corner. Or curse up a storm. But hey maybe this shootout can be a bit of a wakeup call regarding Brodeurs abilities. Pretty much anybody with half a brain knew Brodeur wasn't physically capable of stopping the young fast skilled Islanders in a shootout. He doesn't have the reflexes even if he does know what's coming.

#95 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

If we go to a shootout Sunday Cory should check the shooter coming down with the puck, steal the puck and score on whoever the Bruins goalie is.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#96 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

I don't care about Marty hitting Bailey in the back with the puck, I wish he hit Strome too. That spin-o-rama bullsh!t is just that- bullsh!t. fvcking little showboating cocksuckers.

#97 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

yea but he's always been that way. I'm sort of glad he's pissed...but jeez just fire it into a corner. Or curse up a storm. But hey maybe this shootout can be a bit of a wakeup call regarding Brodeurs abilities. Pretty much anybody with half a brain knew Brodeur wasn't physically capable of stopping the young fast skilled Islanders in a shootout. He doesn't have the reflexes even if he does know what's coming.

Yeah talk about a sharp decline.  Marty used to be money in the shootout.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#98 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

If we go to a shootout Sunday Cory should check the shooter coming down with the puck, steal the puck and score on whoever the Bruins goalie is.

ha, no way Brodeur isn't starting Sunday. Though I've seen my fill and would like a Schneider start...its going to be Brodeur

Edited by '7', 11 April 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#99 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Thank God this board represents about 0.1% of the fan base.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#100 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

ha, no way Brodeur isn't starting Sunday. Though I've seen my fill and would like a Schneider start...its going to be Brodeur

As it should be. This is gonna be his last game. This is the fans' last chance to say 'good-bye and thank you' to Marty until jersey retirement night. I'd actually be pissed if Cory played this one, as it means nothing in terms of playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users