msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

He is going to get a big suspension

http://www.nbcsports...brutal-hit-rupp

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Wow. That's sh!tty. I hope Oshie ends up being alright.

815631765.gif

#3 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I know I always defend my team to the hilt, but was Rupp such a scum-bucket-dirty hitter with us?  It seemed he changed once he went to the penguins then rangers. Now he's with that bad influence again Parise, er I mean Matt Cook.

Have a seat Mike, hope you're gone for the playoffs.

#4 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

Yeah he went right for his head on that one, kind of hard to defend. What's with the non-reaction by the Blues, though? Someone should have dropped the mitts on that, I assume they had first liners on the ice with Oshie? I don't follow the team so I don't know what line he's on but I assume its not a checking line.

Of course, if a lesser fighter had dropped, Rupp probably would have beat their ass also. 

#5 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

How did no one attempt to end Rupp's career after that?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#6 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

I know I always defend my team to the hilt, but was Rupp such a scum-bucket-dirty hitter with us?  It seemed he changed once he went to the penguins then rangers. Now he's with that bad influence again Parise, er I mean Matt Cook.

this

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#7 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

It's possible Rupp always had that idiot streak and it just got reined in here because Lou doesn't tolerate that ****
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#8 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Guys like Rupp, as they age, their skills diminish and all that's left is the goon. And this side of their game becomes ever so clear as they try to clench on to anything left that can keep them playing.

That's said Rupp is a big guy, sometimes it's hard to avoid accidental head shots.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#9 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

i never liked mike rupp.. hes a douche
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#10 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

4 games:

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Minnesota Wild forward Mike Rupp has been suspended for four games, without pay, for a late illegal check to the head of St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie during NHL Game No. 1201 in Minnesota on Thursday, April 10, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The suspension includes the Wild's final regular-season game and first three Stanley Cup Playoff games.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#11 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Breaking news:

MIke Rupp is a piece of sh!t.

Also breaking:

The Devils are terrible at the shootout.

This guy is an A #1 doosh.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#12 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

I was a Rupp fan when he was with us, so maybe I'm biased, but that hit didn't look terrible. Obviously, the result was bad, but we cheered a lot of Stevens hits that looked awfully similar. I know the rules have changed, hence penalty and suspension, but he didn't go out of his way to raise his shoulder, Oshie had just gotten rid of the puck, and Rupp was already moving in. The flip side, even if Oshie still had the puck, he was getting hit in the head, and we don't want to see that, but I've seen worse hits than that. I also don't know that Rupp intentionally targeted the head. It's entirely possible he was targeting Oshie, didn't think clearly enough, and caught head and not body. Hell I've seen worse hits from Rupp. Hope Oshie's okay.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#13 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Obviously, the result was bad, but we cheered a lot of Stevens hits that looked awfully similar.

This is definitely true, but the rules now are what they are. Most of those big Stevens hits we loved would result in suspensions under the present rules.

#14 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

This is definitely true, but the rules now are what they are. Most of those big Stevens hits we loved would result in suspensions under the present rules.

Hence I agree with the suspension, but am also not that pissed at Rupp for the hit.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#15 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Thinking the same. Honestly, is this even a penalty in 2003?

#16 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thinking the same. Honestly, is this even a penalty in 2003?

Nope, in 2003 its probably on the highlight reel that plays before the opening faceoff. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users