84 replies to this topic

#61 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

I am watching it right now on DVR as well; lotsa Chico to enjoy for sure....

Won't be the same without him

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#62 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

ah wish i had dvr to be able to watch it... sucks Game Center wont let you go back and watch games that are in your area
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#63 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

ah wish i had dvr to be able to watch it... sucks Game Center wont let you go back and watch games that are in your area

I think it's after 48 hours.  So..Tuesday night you can probably watch it.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#64 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

I think it's after 48 hours.  So..Tuesday night you can probably watch it.

oh sweet man, i didnt realize that thanks!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#65 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

You won't be able to see the postgame on gamecenter, the feed cut off right after Marty's on ice interview...I'm hoping it will be youtubed because i really want I see it.

#66 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

I took a whiz next to Chico in the old Continental Airlines Arena. That's right, he used the regular people's bathroom. And he obeyed standard urinal rules. No talking, eyes front. No junk peeking. 

His color commentary was always enjoyable, I especially enjoyed the last game, where he completely through away any thoughts of him not being a homer and was outright cheering for Marty throughout the game. 

#67 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

I said this in the game day thread. I love his passion for this team. Just another reason we need that Devils ring of fire because Chico deserves to be there.

Chico helped to build this team.  He gave this franchise character when it had none and leadership and the few leaders were incessantly traded away.  As CR76 has noted, he was there thru the tough times and helped some of our younger players to grow.  Most of them moved on as well, but many brought us back other assets that became parts of our championship teams, so I don't think it is an overstatement to say that, in his own way, Chico contributed to changing the character of one of the worst sports franchises of its day. 

I, for one, will miss you Chico.  You were my favorite Devil growing up and I hated seeing you in a Flyers sweater (although he deserved a little success before he retired) and I'm going to miss you now.  All the best my friend!

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#68 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

I took a whiz next to Chico in the old Continental Airlines Arena. That's right, he used the regular people's bathroom. And he obeyed standard urinal rules. No talking, eyes front. No junk peeking. 

His color commentary was always enjoyable, I especially enjoyed the last game, where he completely through away any thoughts of him not being a homer and was outright cheering for Marty throughout the game. 

This would make a interesting blog:

People I have taken a whiz next to.....

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#69 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Have to be honest, hated him as an analyst, not upset he is leaving...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#70 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

This would make a interesting blog:

People I have taken a whiz next to.....

I'd need contributors, because I can't think of any other people I have taken a whiz next to.

I think Whizzin' With the Stars would have to be the title. 

#71 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

I'd need contributors, because I can't think of any other people I have taken a whiz next to.

I think Whizzin' With the Stars would have to be the title. 

Oh, I'll start......

-Doc Emerik

-Ed Too Tall Jones

that's all I got

#72 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

I love Chico and I hated to read some of his quotes.  It will really be hard to match him I think.

I'm here for the party

#73 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Oh man, Chico is a legend.  I loved watching him call games.  He was a homer and goalie apologist but that was part of his charm. 

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#74 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Oh man, Chico is a legend.  I loved watching him call games.  He was a homer and goalie apologist but that was part of his charm. 

One of my favorite shticks between Doc and Chico is when Chico would make some sort of pro-goalie comment like "Nothing he could have done there, he had no chance on that shot," and Doc would reply with a mocking friendly jab like, "Of course it's not his fault, he's a goalie, most important player on the ice."

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#75 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

going to be weird when the next color guy doesn't ask to see the same replay 4 times and still not be sure of the call.  The story of how he met his wife that he told on hockey night live was hilarious.

#76 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

This video is a perfect example of Chico at his best (and worst lol). The yell after the goal is the funniest thing to me. Pure excitement and purely hilarious. And then he goes and calls Henrique "Larsson". Definitive Chico.

believe-devs.jpg

#77 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

going to be weird when the next color guy doesn't ask to see the same replay 4 times and still not be sure of the call.  The story of how he met his wife that he told on hockey night live was hilarious.

Well, that's Dano.

Chico blurted it out on Sunday...and then tried to un-ring the bell by saying "whoever it is next season".

I mean it wasn't a State secret or anything, but just another way that Chico showed he was the everyman...

#78 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

This video is a perfect example of Chico at his best (and worst lol). The yell after the goal is the funniest thing to me. Pure excitement and purely hilarious. And then he goes and calls Henrique "Larsson". Definitive Chico.

This is hilarious, nice catch

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#79 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Chico was the best, so much fun to listen to, and awesome to meet at the Rock or wherever. I hope he enjoys his retirement :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#80 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Is chico trying to perform a jedi mind trick on Schneider?

"you want to re-sign in NJ to an 8 years extension Cory"

106431456_std.jpg

another great Chico moment was his laugh after Zajac's goal against Rinne in SO (sigh... a goal in shootouts...)

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users