2364 replies to this topic

#1 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

It sucks we aren't there obviously, but I figured it was time for a playoffs discussion thread. All 16 teams are locked and loaded with Dallas clinching last night, and there are gonna be some GREAT first-round matchups. Somehow Colorado is in first place in the West (just give the Adams to Roy now, what a job he's done) and they would play Minnesota if the playoffs started today... Setting up an epic St. Louis-Chicago matchup, to go along with SJ-LA (DAL-ANA is the other west match-up). In the east, the good news about Rags-Phailures would be it guarantees one of these dumbass franchises goes home in the first round... The bad news is it guarantees one of these dumbass franchises also moves on (the Rags could still play Columbus as well depending what happens today and tomorrow). MTL-TB is set and DET-BOS and PIT-CBJ would be the other east match-ups if it all started today. Anyway, lots to discuss as some different match-up possibilities still exist. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I'm on my phone lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

I'm rooting for Tampa in the East and San Jose in the West to win it all.

#3 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Let's go Blues!!

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

I'm rooting for Tampa in the East and San Jose in the West to win it all.

Well then you'll be interested to hear that Malone was busted with a DUI and possession of cocaine. Interesting start to the post season.. Yikes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Rooting for a knock down drag out with Rags/Flyers where the winner is just too beat to do anything in round two. Hopefully Philly takes it and then gets annihilated.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hopefully one of the Sharks, Stars or Jackets wins

#7 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

all i want is MTL to do as bad as possible.

www.SterioDesign.com

#8 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Im rooting for STL! I wish people on HF will get imaginative this year again with pictures like they did in the 2012 playoffs hahah, that Zajac picture with the t-rex was an instant classic hahah

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Rooting for a knock down drag out with Rags/Flyers where the winner is just too beat to do anything in round two. Hopefully Philly takes it and then gets annihilated.

My thoughts exactly.

#10 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

Go Sharks

#11 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

Sharks/Kings is going to be an incredible series.

But Bruins vs Sharks in the Finals for me.   Boston is easy the best team in the east.   Chicago and St. Louis I think are out in the first round because of injury's.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#12 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Phailures-Rags locked in. Like '7' said, hopefully Philly wins and gets steamrolled shortly thereafter.

#13 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Who do we root for in the Flyers vs Rangers series?  For me personally, I'll root for the Flyers.  I just despise the the Broad-Gay Blue sh!ts that much.  Flyers fans actually respect the Devils.  Rags fans do everything they can to sh!t on the Devils at any opportunity.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#14 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

i would rather the flyers win over the rangers.. id rather anyone wins over them.. there fans dont deserve it either...just saying
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#15 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Anyone watching Minnesota and Union for the NCAA Ice Hockey Championship on ESPN?

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#16 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Yes Manta, awesome to see Union win. Max Novak from Union is from my hometown- very happy to see him win and be a big part of it.

#17 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Who do we root for in the Flyers vs Rangers series?  For me personally, I'll root for the Flyers.  I just despise the the Broad-Gay Blue sh!ts that much.  Flyers fans actually respect the Devils.  Rags fans do everything they can to sh!t on the Devils at any opportunity.

lol okay...Flyer fans are subhuman animals, Ranger fans are just buffoons.  And honestly the Flyer team has more wahoos than the Rangers, the only guys I can't stand on the Rangers are St. Louis (for whining his way out of Tampa) and Carcillo.

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

lol okay...Flyer fans are subhuman animals, Ranger fans are just buffoons. And honestly the Flyer team has more wahoos than the Rangers, the only guys I can't stand on the Rangers are St. Louis (for whining his way out of Tampa) and Carcillo.

You speak truth- Phailure fans are subhuman animals, and Rag fans are beyond buffoons. But the wahoo player factor doesn't play in to it with me. It doesn't matter who wears that blue sack of sh!t on their chests- the Rangers are the Rangers and the Rangers are worse than AIDS and I wouldn't root for them if I had an assault rifle pointed at my brain stem.

#19 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

A first round exit from the rags is all I want,after that it doesn't matter to me.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#20 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

A first round exit from the rags is all I want,after that it doesn't matter to me.

It matters to me a ton that the Phailures are bounced immediately after they take care of the Rags. After that, whoever wins I can live with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users