2364 replies to this topic

#2101 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

There really isn't ANY comparison to 1994. No real conference finals adversity. They didn't cruise through the first two rounds as they did in 1994.

And they are the underdog in the finals

This is NOTHING like 1994

Its pretty much the polar opposite of 1994... But Rags fans are gonna Rags fans 'cause they're Rags fans.

He can go **** himself for causing the trade by not re-upping with the Rangers. Same with Yzerman for doing the St. Louis trade and now turning the carpetbagger into a hero.

At least the Rags gave up two first-rounders. Should they lose in the Finals, I'll have fun laughing at that.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2102 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

There really isn't ANY comparison to 1994. No real conference finals adversity. They didn't cruise through the first two rounds as they did in 1994.

And they are the underdog in the finals

This is NOTHING like 1994

Can't stop someone from force feeding it down your throats. It's funny that NBC and CBC have Eddie and Healy respectively. Two complete non-factors on the 1994 team.

During game 6 in 2012, every second was compared to Game 6 in 1994, from the Devils early lead, and then a Soviet player scoring in the 2nd, followed by the captain tying the game...on and on it went.

Tonight it was just referencing 1994 by Healy at any chance. This is what happened in 1994. "This is what Messier did. Remember in 1994 the Devils tied it with their goalie pulled before Matteau won in OT. Messier touched the trophy in 1994. The greatest leader in all of professional sports history."

Not making any of that up. I wonder if Cory Schwab somewhere doesn't shut up about the 2003 Devils.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2103 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

Can't stop someone from force feeding it down your throats. It's funny that NBC and CBC have Eddie and Healy respectively. Two complete non-factors on the 1994 team.

During game 6 in 2012, every second was compared to Game 6 in 1994, from the Devils early lead, and then a Soviet player scoring in the 2nd, followed by the captain tying the game...on and on it went.

Tonight it was just referencing 1994 by Healy at any chance. This is what happened in 1994. "This is what Messier did. Remember in 1994 the Devils tied it with their goalie pulled before Matteau won in OT. Messier touched the trophy in 1994. The greatest leader in all of professional sports history."

Not making any of that up. I wonder if Cory Schwab somewhere doesn't shut up about the 2003 Devils.

Somewhere out there, Steve Kelly is holding court and talking about the Stevens hit on Lindros and Arnott's Cup-winning goal. :P

#2104 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

Somewhere out there, Steve Kelly is holding court and talking about the Stevens hit on Lindros and Arnott's Cup-winning goal. :P

Probably chatting with Steve Brule.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2105 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

1.  I would hate to be in NY/NJ right now dealing with this mess.

2. Let's Go Kings!

:yay:

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#2106 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Well i honestly almost got beat up tnight lol

Like really.... What was so wrong about singing the Ole ole ole song as loud as i possibly could right after the buzzer in a jammed packed bar filled with habs fans... Hahahahahahaha

Some guys there REALLLLLY didnt appreciated it and came right to my face hahahaha so fvcking worth it

So i can now go back cheering against the fvcking rangers, hopefully LA will crush them.

www.SterioDesign.com

#2107 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Like really.... What was so wrong about singing the Ole ole ole song as loud as i possibly could right after the buzzer in a jammed packed bar filled with habs fans... Hahahahahahaha

Some guys there REALLLLLY didnt appreciated it and came right to my face hahahaha so fvcking worth it

So i can now go back cheering against the fvcking rangers, hopefully LA will crush them.

This is really not what we want to hear or see right now....but anyway congrats to your beloved Rangers.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2108 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

Yeah SD I was gonna say its not really the time, but '7' beat me to it. Also, I'm surprised you didn't get the sh!t kicked out of you. That's a dick move. Ballsy of you though.

Edited by MadDog2020, 30 May 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#2109 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

You sound just as obnoxious as the Montreal fans you complain about.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 30 May 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#2110 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

my bartender started the rangers suck whistle in a room full of blueskirt bandwagon suit-type commuters, had at least 8 people yell it. I commend your effort SD

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#2111 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

Can you imagine what habs fans think of this guy? Devils fan rooting for the rags against a team the devils have no rivalry or animosity towards? 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#2112 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Can you imagine what habs fans think of this guy? Devils fan rooting for the rags against a team the devils have no rivalry or animosity towards? 

Who cares what they think? they're habs fans

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#2113 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

SD, I'm not one for personal attacks - but you suck. Seriously.

#2114 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

Works gonna be so much fun. Cant wait to hear how they already won the cup.. sam rosesns words of "and this will last a lifetime" could be in jeopardy, but i highly doubt it as la should easily beat them.

Also while the rangers looked faster last night bc montreal didnt skate, it appeared thay as a group they have slowed down a little. They have had it so easy the last 3 rounds, but now theyll actually have to play a much better and team then them

#2115 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

I just can't get beyond the Rangers have had a tough time with 3 very very faulty teams. LA has faced behemoths, Chicago's 1st and 3rd rounds were crazy...I just can't see how NYR pulls it out unless Lundqvist steals the series, but that usually doesn't happen in the Final.

#2116 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

1. I would hate to be in NY/NJ right now dealing with this mess.

2. Let's Go Kings!

:yay:

1)Glad I live near King of Prussia now
2)Agree. Put your loathing for 2012 aside should they finish the Hawks.

#2117 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

lol fvck guys. Habs fans has been going on and on and on with sh!t like "Ole Ole Ole where's the Devils now?" kind of sh!t and they've been annoying and abnormally obnoxious for months now. Most we're giving me a hard time cause they know i hate the Habs.

So yeah, if you think i spent the last 2 months enduring all that sh!t and not try to give it back to them once it's finally over. I don't know where your balls are guys. Like you REALLY think i was not thinking all along "mannn the day you guys are eliminated im gonna make your life a living hell for the sh!t you're putting me through right now". then yeah lol Thats what's sports is all about.

They got what they deserved. Thats it. Stop being all pissed cause a situation made me cheer against a team playing the Rangers. Not about the Rangers at all actually

Tell me honestly you wouldnt want to be in a bar giving sh!t to Rangers fans who's been annoying the crap out of you when they lose in final.

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 May 2014 - 07:25 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#2118 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Habs fans have no clue there's a Devils Rangers rivalry dude. Or if they do they think it's close to nothing cause its not the Bruins Habs rivalry.

www.SterioDesign.com

#2119 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

I can guarantee you every habs fan knows of he devils/rags rivalry. 

Do we know of the flames/oilers rivalry? Of course. People understand hockey history even if they dont live near it. They look at you like they would look at a Habs fan rooting for Boston against Nashville.

#2120 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

I can guarantee you every habs fan knows of he devils/rags rivalry. 

Do we know of the flames/oilers rivalry? Of course. People understand hockey history even if they dont live near it. They look at you like they would look at a Habs fan rooting for Boston against Nashville.

Haha oh i can assure you that not every Habs fans knows that. 110%. I know that for a fact buddy.

Dude you're talking out of your ass about something you've never been a part of. You simply don't know. All you see is Devils Rangers and you don't put yourself in the shoes of people living in other areas having to deal with another overpowering obnoxious fanbase. Actually Devils MTL is also a "thing" because of Brodeur. NJ has been known as the "bĂȘte noir" for MTL. Meaning the team they simply can't beat for some reasons.

and no they don't look at me like "Habs fan rooting for Boston against Nashville." They look at me as the guy who's simply gonna root for any team playing MTL. Im as much of a Devils fan as im a Habs hater, they all know that.

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 May 2014 - 07:56 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users