2364 replies to this topic

#2121 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Haha oh i can assure you that not every Habs fans knows that. 110%. I know that for a fact buddy.

Dude you're talking out of your ass about something you've never been a part of. You simply don't know. All you see is Devils Rangers and you don't put yourself in the shoes of people living in other areas having to deal with another overpowering obnoxious fanbase. Actually Devils MTL is also a "thing" because of Brodeur. NJ has been known as the "bĂȘte noir" for MTL. Meaning the team they simply can't beat for some reasons.

and no they don't look at me like "Habs fan rooting for Boston against Nashville." They look at me as the guy who's simply gonna root for any team playing MTL. Im as much of a Devils fan as im a Habs hater, they all know that.

Not a convincing argument. Plenty of Devils fans don't live in NJ, and their #1 most hated opponent is the Rags....even if they live in Canucks or Bruins country. It doesn't matter how overpowering or obnoxious that fanbase is. That's not your battle.

They look at you exactly like a Habs fan that roots for Boston. EXACTLY like that.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2122 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

Tell me honestly you wouldnt want to be in a bar giving sh!t to Rangers fans who's been annoying the crap out of you when they lose in final.

Not really, considering the Devils haven't made the playoffs in a couple of years.  How much sh!t can I really give Ranger fans right now, when my team can't even get into the dance?  When my team isn't good I tend to lay low...admittedly, Ranger fans are not very good at that...they had way more to say than they ever should have when the Rangers weren't making the playoffs.  When they FINALLY put an end to their regular season winless streak against the Devils, quite a few of them were beating their chests in a pretty ridiculous manner. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2123 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

lol fvck guys. Habs fans has been going on and on and on with sh!t like "Ole Ole Ole where's the Devils now?" kind of sh!t and they've been annoying and abnormally obnoxious for months now. Most we're giving me a hard time cause they know i hate the Habs.

So yeah, if you think i spent the last 2 months enduring all that sh!t and not try to give it back to them once it's finally over. I don't know where your balls are guys. Like you REALLY think i was not thinking all along "mannn the day you guys are eliminated im gonna make your life a living hell for the sh!t you're putting me through right now". then yeah lol Thats what's sports is all about.

They got what they deserved. Thats it. Stop being all pissed cause a situation made me cheer against a team playing the Rangers. Not about the Rangers at all actually

Tell me honestly you wouldnt want to be in a bar giving sh!t to Rangers fans who's been annoying the crap out of you when they lose in final.

Can you help me find my balls, SD?

Why are you going to a bar to watch a Habs game packed with fans you hate? You've already proved on this forum what kind of annoying troll you are. You are the kind of guy that does what you said you did when the Habs get eliminated. And if the Habs won, you'd probably be telling us "holy crap these Habs fans chanting 'Ole, Ole' after just equalizing the series, and you should have seen them celebrating". You'd probably be telling them to "be quiet because the series isn't over, and look at you guys celebrating so much when you haven't won sh!t yet." 

It's a win-win for you in these situations. But Habs fans can't be nearly as bad as you say they are or they would have kicked the sh!t out of you for being a giant dick.

Like I said, everyone knows what kind of person you are since we saw it at the Olympics:

don't cry people, 2nd best in the world is a pretty big deal  :)

woop woop my country

so the ghost call on that high stick with buddy throwing his head back and that miss call on a legit the stick in the face during the PP... so are we even for yesterday then? is that how it works?

Tsss so typical... We win gold again

Edited by devilsrule33, 30 May 2014 - 08:43 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2124 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

He can go **** himself for causing the trade by not re-upping with the Rangers.  Same with Yzerman for doing the St. Louis trade and now turning the carpetbagger into a hero.

He's not a hero unless they win, don't ever forget that. If they lose, it's just another disappointing episode in the story for Rangers fans, and they lost a first round pick (and the fans lost thousands of dollars, presumably) out of it.

#2125 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Not a convincing argument. Plenty of Devils fans don't live in NJ, and their #1 most hated opponent is the Rags....even if they live in Canucks or Bruins country. It doesn't matter how overpowering or obnoxious that fanbase is. That's not your battle.

They look at you exactly like a Habs fan that roots for Boston. EXACTLY like that.

You're talking out of your ass again, many many many people called you out on your point of view about it. Those guys at the bar last night had NO CLUE i was a Devils fan either. So yeah, keep talking out of your ass buddy lol Your comments are completely ignorant and selfish in the way that things should be your way and thats it. Don't argue about stuff you dont know bud.

www.SterioDesign.com

#2126 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Can you help me find my balls, SD?

Why are you going to a bar to watch a Habs game packed with fans you hate? You've already proved on this forum what kind of annoying troll you are. You are the kind of guy that does what you said you did when the Habs get eliminated. And if the Habs won, you'd probably be telling us "holy crap these Habs fans chanting 'Ole, Ole' after just equalizing the series, and you should have seen them celebrating". You'd probably be telling them to "be quiet because the series isn't over, and look at you guys celebrating so much when you haven't won sh!t yet." 

It's a win-win for you in these situations. But Habs fans can't be nearly as bad as you say they are or they would have kicked the sh!t out of you for being a giant dick.

Like I said, everyone knows what kind of person you are since we saw it at the Olympics:

Thats sh!t talking bud. It's a very legit and real thing happening in sports among fan bases all over the world. 

And you're example is fvcking perfect. For weeks bunch of people here we're sh!tting on canada and i didnt say a fvcking thing. Until canada won cause yeah... what goes around comes around. Same thing happen with Habs fans, im just giving them back what they give. I dont act that way with any other fan bases like toronto, boston, sens etc etc cause there's still a lot of those fans around.

You think im annoying to the pens, leafs, chicago, sens or wtv fans around here? absolutely not. They fvcking love me cause they all HATE mtl because of the fans. Around here all the fanbases are in the same boat. Its 100% fvck MTL. I was actually sitting at a table with a Leafs, Avs, Rangers, Sens and Habs fans last night. All we're having a good time except that Habs one. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#2127 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

If the Kings win tonight, they will have knocked out three teams that deserve to be in the finals more than the Rangers.  This league is a joke, and these "bracket" playoffs are a farce.  Mediocre teams get the best matchups.  Lou himself said so at the fan club meeting last week.  

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#2128 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

DAFUQ DID I JUST READ????????

Bo46ow4IEAIryg9.png

#2129 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

If the Kings win tonight, they will have knocked out three teams that deserve to be in the finals more than the Rangers.  This league is a joke, and these "bracket" playoffs are a farce.  Mediocre teams get the best matchups.  Lou himself said so at the fan club meeting last week.  

How does it result in mediocre teams getting the most ideal matchups?  If you win your division, you play a wild card team, if you finish 2nd or 3rd in your division, you play the 3rd or 2nd place team.  If you squeak in as a wild card team, you have to play a team that won their division.  The matchups are closer because it's based on only four teams at a time rather than eight, but you still get to play the weaker teams if you win your division.

Edited by devilsfan26, 30 May 2014 - 09:45 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#2130 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

My biggest gripe with the new structure is that a Bruins-Habs or Devils-Rangers or Philly-Penguins is super unlikely to happen on a big stage. You saw it play out this year just like many of us imagined it. The passionate Bruins-Habs series closes out and what follows? Rangers-Habs, with a complete lack of intensity or emotion for 85% of the series. I've never seen such a tame matchup of sissy teams. You wouldn't have known a Finals berth was on the line by looking at the Habs play, they left their heart in Boston.

#2131 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

How does it result in mediocre teams getting the most ideal matchups?  If you win your division, you play a wild card team, if you finish 2nd or 3rd in your division, you play the 3rd or 2nd place team.  If you squeak in as a wild card team, you have to play a team that won their division.

Right now, we just have one conference a lot better than the other. Not sure why he would complain about the new system. But, whatever 'such a joke league' works too.

The only difference the new playoff format changed in the WC is LA played SJ instead of St Louis. The main problem was Anaheim and Colorado somehow finishing 1st and 2nd.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2132 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

I heard the Rags' Eastern Conference hats and t-shirts say '2014 Eastern Conference... Well, we had to give it to someone after Boston lost'. Any truth?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2133 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

C'mon LA x 10000000000. I want Gaborik to get his revenge.

#2134 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

C'mon LA x 10000000000. I want Gaborik to get his revenge.

I want a Gaborik goal in Game 4 OT to win the Cup in Madison Square Garden. The amount of jokes you could make about a Stanley Cup win in MSG are endless.

Edited by DJ Eco, 30 May 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#2135 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

I heard the Rags' Eastern Conference hats and t-shirts say '2014 Eastern Conference... Well, we had to give it to someone after Boston lost'. Any truth?

I saw the hats on nhl.com and I have to say their locker room t-shirts are much nicer than ours from 2012.

However their locker room hats look like ass.

#2136 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

I want a Gaborik goal in Game 4 OT to win the Cup in Madison Square Garden. The amount of jokes you could make about a Stanley Cup win in MSG are endless.

I also hope Gaborik wins the Conn Smythe and they have to present it to him at the Garden. I may die from laughing if that happens lmao.

#2137 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I also hope Gaborik wins the Conn Smythe and they have to present it to him at the Garden. I may die from laughing if that happens lmao.

That would be just a little too perfect.  Given how this season has been, I am not going to hold my breath.

#2138 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

That would be just a little too perfect. Given how this season has been, I am not going to hold my breath.

Oh I know... Trust me, I know lol. As long as LA (or Chicago, since I don't want to count them out) wins, I don't care who wins the Conn Smythe- they could give it to the Queen for all I care. The scenario I painted was the absolute dream scenario.

#2139 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

LA or Chicago will absolutely massacre the Rangers. Let us all take consolation that the West has been so much more superior than the East this year. The Rangers have played some awful opponents. They will be in for a rude awakening.

#2140 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

That would be just a little too perfect. Given how this season has been, I am not going to hold my breath.

Same, I'm fully expecting Gaborik to go back to being the invisible man of 2012 if they play the Rangers.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users