#2203 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Yep. Game 7. Of course.

You are looking at this all wrong. As hockey fans we deserve this series going to 7. It won't make any difference for the Cup finals, if that is what you are concerned about.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2204 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

You are looking at this all wrong. As hockey fans we deserve this series going to 7. It won't make any difference for the Cup finals, if that is what you are concerned about.

I just feel better about LA going up against the Rangers... So I'd prefer they wrap this tonight. That probably won't happen now though.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2205 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Chicago is pretty damn tough being able to put up a hella fight in LA. in Chicago, i feel they jave every edge now. But LA can come back from anything and everything. to hard to predict, but the Rags will fail for sure!

I just feel better about LA going up against the Rangers... So I'd prefer they wrap this tonight. That probably won't happen now though.

#2206 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Chicago wins it 4-3. Incredible game.
Game 7 should just be incredible hockey to watch. I can't wait.

#2207 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

And after all the complaining about how the Rangers can't be an elite team because they went to Game 7 in the first two rounds now the Kings have gone to Game 7 in three straight rounds.  You really can't make this **** up.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2208 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

And after all the complaining about how the Rangers can't be an elite team because they went to Game 7 in the first two rounds now the Kings have gone to Game 7 in three straight rounds. You really can't make this **** up.

The Kings have faced significantly better competition.

#2209 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

And after all the complaining about how the Rangers can't be an elite team because they went to Game 7 in the first two rounds now the Kings have gone to Game 7 in three straight rounds.  You really can't make this **** up.

The Rangers aren't an elite team because we know they aren't an elite team. Doesn't mean they can't win the Cup. They are here after all, but I think it be very very very unlikely.

Kings have won the SC, and are in back-to-back-back Conference Finals. They are a great team.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2210 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

I wish we still had Johnny Oduya instead of Salvador or Volchenkov.  He's still playing at a high level and I think he's a better Dman than Paul Martin is/was.  Think the Hawks would do an Oduya for Volchenkov+3rd or 2nd?  He could play anywhere in our top 6

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#2211 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

I wish we still had Johnny Oduya instead of Salvador or Volchenkov.  He's still playing at a high level and I think he's a better Dman than Paul Martin is/was.  Think the Hawks would do an Oduya for Volchenkov+3rd or 2nd?  He could play anywhere in our top 6

With Kane and Toews hitting free agency next year the Blackhawks need to start shedding some salary instead of adding cap dollars.

#2212 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

With Kane and Toews hitting free agency next year the Blackhawks need to start shedding some salary instead of adding cap dollars.

they'll probably try to move Hossa if anyone, he's on the books for over 5 mill a year for 7 more years still....and he DOESN'T have any no-movement clauses 

Edited by The 29th Pick, 31 May 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#2213 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

they'll probably try to move Hossa if anyone, he's on the books for over 5 mill a year for 7 more years still....and he DOESN'T have any no-movement clauses 

Well they should do it sooner than later before his play goes to sh!t. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#2214 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Well they should do it sooner than later before his play goes to sh!t. 

he's 35....I dont know how much gas he has left in the tank....maybe they buy him out?

#2215 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,844 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

He can go **** himself for causing the trade by not re-upping with the Rangers.  Same with Yzerman for doing the St. Louis trade and now turning the carpetbagger into a hero.

I feel bad for him. He played the game and lost. His agent didn't help. Cally will always be beloved. I hated how MSG turned the fans against him. They sold his jerseys, t-shirts and made money off him. But purposely leaked out the negotiations. I could never hate him. He's a heart and soul type who will do whatever it takes to win. It's easy to criticize his demands. He's not worth it. But why shouldn't he have the right to do what every player does? Clarkson stole money from the Leafs. Clowe got a nice payday. Most free agents are overpaid. Only obscure moves like Slats signing Moore aren't. Those are usually the ones that pay off. It was fitting that he got the clincher. Lost his wife to cancer and returns to his first team and plays a key role in their run. Funny how things work out.

Any Ranger fan would be lying if they didn't admit the St. Louis tragedy played a part in rallying the team. He lost his Mom and wanted to be with his teammates. That went a long way. They are 7-2 since. MSL was having a bad postseason and then responded like a future Hall Of Famer. His goal against the Pens, the place went nuts. Of course, the OT winner. For years, Sather deserved criticism including in 2012 for not adding anyone at the deadline. He deserves credit. Every move he made has worked including Klein. The kind of move Lou used to make. A depth defenseman. Also added Diaz making Moore's suspension easier.

Wherever Cally winds up, I wish him well. It's gotta suck.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#2216 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yeah I think the only guy who will be more relieved than the collective Devils and Islanders fan bases if the Rangers lose in the Finals is Ryan Callahan lol.

#2217 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,844 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

The last 2 games of Kings/Hawks is great hockey. That's as good as it gets. Classic stuff from 2 unbelievable teams. The Kings should've wrapped it up in 5. They had so many opportunities in overtime but Crawford stood on his head. Give him credit. He really stepped it up after a couple of softies. He was great last night. The Kings are the better team. They're bigger, stronger and more physical. I wouldn't put it past them to go into Chicago tomorrow and pull it out. They still have the better goalie and Doughty has been incredible. He's the best defenseman in hockey. Just doesn't have a Norris. He's like having 2 number 1's. Kopitar's star has shined. He does it all. Carter is scary. On the flip side, you got Kane giving a performance for the ages. He willed his team to victory. My brother watched it with me and raved about Kane. That pass to Keith was unbelievable. Doughty made the same one to Martinez. That third was wild. Kane then skates around the Kings and goes top shelf to win it. Patrick Kane is the definition of a superstar. Showtime. Kanetastic! I really enjoy watching him. That should be some Game 7.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#2218 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,844 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yeah I think the only guy who will be more relieved than the collective Devils and Islanders fan bases if the Rangers lose in the Finals is Ryan Callahan lol.

What about Tort? How do you think he feels? Unlike some of our fans, I appreciated what he was able to do. Helped prepare them for this. The experience factor from 2012 helped. Tort did it to himself. He never should've taken the job in Vancouver.

#2219 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

What about Tort? How do you think he feels? Unlike some of our fans, I appreciated what he was able to do. Helped prepare them for this. The experience factor from 2012 helped. Tort did it to himself. He never should've taken the job in Vancouver.

I forgot about Tortorella. He and Callahan are probably hosting Kings/Hawks viewing parties at their houses lmao.

#2220 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

No, because their management isn't dumb.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users