2364 replies to this topic

#2321 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

Yes, Quick's stats are not up to par, but you all are missing the the fact that Quick has face more shots than anyone in the playoffs....Quick has faced almost 80 more shots than Lundquist. Is it the team bailing Quick out? Or maybe the Kings suck at defense. Yes, SV% is a huge part of the argument, but its difficult for a goalie to maintain a high SV% when he faces a high volume of shots every night and Quick has made some amazing saves in the Chicago series, despite his shoddy SV%, one stop on the Hawks on a big chance very late in the 3rd.

Or maybe LA has played more games than everyone else, thus more shots

Or maybe Quick has been below average for awhile and largely average in his career

Or maybe Quick is forced to make amazing saves because he is often out of position

LA has pretty much dragged Quick through the playoffs

#2322 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

LA in a sweep. That's my bold prediction

#2323 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

Yes, Quick's stats are not up to par, but you all are missing the the fact that Quick has face more shots than anyone in the playoffs....Quick has faced almost 80 more shots than Lundquist. Is it the team bailing Quick out? Or maybe the Kings suck at defense. Yes, SV% is a huge part of the argument, but its difficult for a goalie to maintain a high SV% when he faces a high volume of shots every night and Quick has made some amazing saves in the Chicago series, despite his shoddy SV%, one stop on the Hawks on a big chance very late in the 3rd.

Quick's also played one more game and a bunch of OT's. The Rangers have had two short OT's in the entire playoffs.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2324 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

If I were a Kings fan, I'd just be over the moon. The prospect of playing the Rangers just seems too good to be true; they are without a doubt the easiest and weakest opponent LA will have faced this entire playoffs, without a doubt. I just hope they can cash in. Knowing the Rangers luck this year, a flu bug hits the team locker room or some ridiculous sh!t like that.

#2325 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

NBC grabbing and running with every chance to mention or show a 94 highlight.  Fvck off already.  

Yeah what the fvck was up with that?

#2326 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Yeah what the fvck was up with that?

Guess they couldn't find any clear 1940 footage.  Slim pickins.  Also, the 1994 Cup apparently was more important than any Cup won before or after it.  There's a special '94 Cup somewhere made of pure gold that proves it I'm sure.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2327 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

Meh. Go Kings I guess

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#2328 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

But correct me if I'm wrong, but there've been other Conference Finals game 7 OTs right??? I don't understand the significance of using that clip other than a Rangers fan in the production studio just having his way??

#2329 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Guess they couldn't find any clear 1940 footage.  Slim pickins.  Also, the 1994 Cup apparently was more important than any Cup won before or after it.  There's a special '94 Cup somewhere made of pure gold that proves it I'm sure.

It's also filled with Messier's tears

#2330 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

And piss.

#2331 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

If the apocolypse comes and the Rags win, will the first Rags player to be presented with the cup will have a siezure like Messier did when he got handed the cup?

#2332 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

No, it'll be the 3As man because they are a REAL TEAM. IT"S THE TEAM EFFORT OF NYR. BLACK AND BLUE BABY.

#2333 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

No, it'll be the 3As man because they are a REAL TEAM. IT"S THE TEAM EFFORT OF NYR. BLACK AND BLUE BABY.

We bleed black and blue brah!  Team effort brah!  New Yawk brah!  The Gahden Brah!  Bright lights of Broadway brah!

#2334 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

Also, you guys are really underestimating the Rangers here. They are really really good, rested, and pretty much healthy. I won't be surprised if they pull it out. I hope not.

#2335 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

Also, you guys are really underestimating the Rangers here. They are really really good, rested, and pretty much healthy. I won't be surprised if they pull it out. I hope not.

I think it's been momentum pushing them along (since Marty Saint Louis' mom's passing, whether coincidental or not). They've been riding on a high since then. I'm of the opinion that maybe the rest may hurt them... They won game 6 playing a slow tired garbage Canadiens side in about as easy a manner as you could imagine in a conference finals, then took a few days off, and are about to face the Kings, who are zipping and zooming and hitting everything around them at about as furious a pace as can be played. Kings might be gassed by game 3 or 4 but until then, they're riding the train.

I see the Rangers as a team driving slowly onto the Autobahn from the onramp.

Edited by DJ Eco, 02 June 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#2336 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

The Rangers are definitely better than they are being painted as.

There's a lot riding for Devils fans.

If the Rangers beat the Kings. Ranger fans will hold bragging rights to the fact that their club beat LA when our club lost to LA>

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#2337 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

The Rangers are definitely better than they are being painted as.

There's a lot riding for Devils fans.

If the Rangers beat the Kings. Ranger fans will hold bragging rights to the fact that their club beat LA when our club lost to LA>

Yeah but at the end of the day, we're talking about a team that San Jose, Anaheim, or Chicago couldn't beat. When you look at it like that........

#2338 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Ugh, the Rags get the only team that has played more games than them!

I still think the big Kings are a better matchup for Devils fans hoping that the Rags will lose (that's all of us, right?)

The Rangers played 1 less game then them so I don't think that's it's gonna be a deciding factor in the series.

#2339 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

This is going to be a long-tough series IMO.  However, for the next 2 weeks it's...GO KINGS GO! 

Uggh...I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :puke:

Posted Image

#2340 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

Are people still upset that the Kings beat the Devils in the playoffs 2 years ago?  I mean they were a really good team and they just played better for the Devils.  Outside the questionable call ing ame 6 (which is 100% on the refs), I do not think the Kings really did anything dirty or played in a way that would make us hate them.

I actually have and will like the Kings and I really hope they do win.  They are my 3rd favorite western team after Dallas and St. Louis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users