Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Kane makes it look so easy sometimes..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#342 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

The Pens get my vote for most bandwagoners

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 23 April 2014 - 11:49 PM.

Posted Image

#343 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

Shame Pittsburgh didn't trade for Brodeur. He could be starting Game 5 for them. He couldn't be any worse.

Edited by devilsrule33, 24 April 2014 - 08:21 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#344 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

Yikes. Marc-Andre struggling again in the playoffs. If he can't turn things around will he be on his way out of Pittsburgh. Dan Bylsma may be on his way out as well if they lose.

Does anyone else agree with this? I think the Pens would be okay if they had Vokoun backing up as another option.  Zatkoff is hardly a proven backup.  I think in addition to MA Fleury being terrible in clutch/playoff situations, the Pittsburgh defense has been horrid.  They think that Paul Martin is a god, which while he is speedy and can shut down guys okay, but I think the Pens defense is being exposed in this series.  I'm really pulling for CBJ in this series.  They have Stempniak playing on the top line with Crosby and Kunitz, that's a joke. 

More poor playoff play from Fleury, he's done, going to CGY, or NYI, EDM, maybe Tampa.  I predict Bylsma is done if they get beaten by the BJackets in the first round. I mean, then again, the Pens struggled last year against NYI, and I feel they had a stronger roster last year.

Edited by RizzMB30, 24 April 2014 - 10:10 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#345 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Shame Pittsburgh didn't trade for Brodeur. He could be starting Game 5 for them. He couldn't be any worse.

They'll sign him to a one year deal July 1st before signing Cory next July 1st.  

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#346 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,562 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

They'll sign him to a one year deal July 1st before signing Cory next July 1st.  

Only thing Brodeur will be signing on July 1 might be an autograph.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#347 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Fleury is bad and i love making fun of that situation. But geez, the guy has Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Kunitz on his team. He should have a bigger cushion in term of goal support.

www.SterioDesign.com

#348 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Man I don't know who has more bandwagon fans: The Blackhawks or the Penguins.

Blackhawks, for sure. As far as this area's concerned, there are a number of Pittsburgh residents living in New York; good colleges there land them good jobs in NYC which is the nearest mega-city, really. So I trust that a good amount of the Pens fans that come to The Rock are more or less legit.

But Chicago?... How many people around here you know that have roots in Chicago? Every kid I've ever seen in (usually) a brand new Blackhawks jersey talking smack at The Rock had the Jersey/New York accent to boot... schmucks.

#349 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Does anyone else agree with this? I think the Pens would be okay if they had Vokoun backing up as another option.  Zatkoff is hardly a proven backup.  I think in addition to MA Fleury being terrible in clutch/playoff situations, the Pittsburgh defense has been horrid.  They think that Paul Martin is a god, which while he is speedy and can shut down guys okay, but I think the Pens defense is being exposed in this series.  I'm really pulling for CBJ in this series.  They have Stempniak playing on the top line with Crosby and Kunitz, that's a joke. 

More poor playoff play from Fleury, he's done, going to CGY, or NYI, EDM, maybe Tampa.  I predict Bylsma is done if they get beaten by the BJackets in the first round. I mean, then again, the Pens struggled last year against NYI, and I feel they had a stronger roster last year.

Yeah I've kept thinking Fleury or Bylsma are the end of their leash every postseason, but I've always been wrong.

#350 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

I don't think the 3rd goal was that bad. It's not really Fluery's fault the puck bounces over his stick, he didn't mishandle it or anything. Maybe he should have stayed in his net, but the blue jackets won the race to the puck as it were and maybe they score anyway and the conversation becomes about Fluery being too timid to pay the puck.

The OT goal was way worse, he has to stop a half speed, clear vision shot from way above the circles.

#351 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Only thing Brodeur will be signing on July 1 might be an autograph.

On a 2 year contract with the Devils. 

Fleury has become the Chuck Knoblouch (sp?) of goalies.  The guy loses his confidence so easily it paralyzes his ability to play the game.  If it wasn't so funny, I'd feel bad for him.  

Posted Image

#352 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

#353 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

On a 2 year contract with the Devils. 

Fleury has become the Chuck Knoblouch (sp?) of goalies.  The guy loses his confidence so easily it paralyzes his ability to play the game.  If it wasn't so funny, I'd feel bad for him.  

There is no chance the Devils or any other right minded hockey team signs Brodeur to anything more than a 1 year deal. Brodeur is a last resort option, he is a terrible goaltender. He may even enter the season unsigned and only be offered a contract when somebody loses their backup.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#354 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#355 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

Blackhawks, for sure. As far as this area's concerned, there are a number of Pittsburgh residents living in New York; good colleges there land them good jobs in NYC which is the nearest mega-city, really. So I trust that a good amount of the Pens fans that come to The Rock are more or less legit.

But Chicago?... How many people around here you know that have roots in Chicago? Every kid I've ever seen in (usually) a brand new Blackhawks jersey talking smack at The Rock had the Jersey/New York accent to boot... schmucks.

gosh when i lived in chicago the bandwagoners were terrible. it's all fratboy drunkards that can't pronounce toews' name correctly. taking the bus to games, i would listen to pure idiocy going around - it was just awful. this was when the hawks were starting to really find their game. granted, the idiots DID make the atmosphere pretty fun at the united center so it was always a fun time anyway...unless the devils lost - which was EVERY single game i've ever attended in chicago. =/ i was conflicted when john madden scored on us, he seemed a little TOO amped about it haha. never really got sh!t for wearing a devils jersey to games though.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#356 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

never really got sh!t for wearing a devils jersey to games though.

Most of them just saw red and black and couldn't tell the difference because they were too drunk.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#357 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

The Pens vs CBJ series is crazy.  4 straight games a team had a 3-1 lead and ended up losing 4-3.  WTF?!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#358 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

The kind of thing that makes a fan for a lifetime...awesome

Posted Image

#359 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

After seeing Fleury yesterday, I truly want NJ to sign Cory to a contract extension haha. So weak.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#360 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

The Pens vs CBJ series is crazy.  4 straight games a team had a 3-1 lead and ended up losing 4-3.  WTF?!

if youre surprised by that happening in hockey games i guess youve never watched a devils game this past season
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users