2364 replies to this topic

#361 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Zetterberg's playoff beard is in full effect tonight, damn!

#362 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

if youre surprised by that happening in hockey games i guess youve never watched a devils game this past season

I'm surprised by that happening in so many NON-Devil games :lol:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#363 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I'm so sick of this Devils blowing leads crap. I say the Devils blow leads at a rate on par with the rest of the league. They probably came back from being down 2 goals as much as they blew 2 goals lead. They probably tied the game with an empty net as they got scored on with the other team pulling their goalie.

As people have noticed, no lead is safe in this league. Not for the Penguins. Not for the Blackhawks. Not for the Ducks or the Kings. Is this a coaching issue around the league. No. Just like it was and still isn't an issue with Deboer.

It's a different league. Most teams are even with each other. If one gets a two goal lead, it shouldn't be safe. You can't sit back and suffocate teams. Just be happy a team builds up a lead to give them a cushion. The 2012 Devils weren't some great team. Yes, they let Florida and the Rangers back after taking nice leads, but unless you are some powerhouse team (the Devils certainly weren't), these things are going to happen. It's just the nature of the beast. There isn't a right way or a wrong way to play with the lead. You are going to see opponents getting desperate when they fall behind. Can you ride out the wave or not.

Most of the times, the teams that don't blow leads are still feeling the heat, they just have goalies bailing them out for an extended period time.

This year, the Devils really played some great third periods with the lead. Sometimes sh!t happens, but I never saw the Devils have concerning issues with the lead.

Edited by devilsrule33, 24 April 2014 - 05:53 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#364 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Blackhawks, for sure. As far as this area's concerned, there are a number of Pittsburgh residents living in New York; good colleges there land them good jobs in NYC which is the nearest mega-city, really. So I trust that a good amount of the Pens fans that come to The Rock are more or less legit.

But Chicago?... How many people around here you know that have roots in Chicago? Every kid I've ever seen in (usually) a brand new Blackhawks jersey talking smack at The Rock had the Jersey/New York accent to boot... schmucks.

Stewing on it a bit more though I have to believe that the top three teams with the most bandwagon/fairweather fans must be the Kings, Hawks and Penguins

#365 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Good ol Tootoo:
http://dmv.barstools...nternets-heart/

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#366 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Great video;)

Tory motherfkin krug!

Good ol Tootoo:
http://dmv.barstools...nternets-heart/

Edited by CarterforPresident, 24 April 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#367 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Boston up 3-1 in the series.

#368 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

Do I want Minnesota to crash and burn or this god-awful Toronto West (Avs) team to? 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#369 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

The Avs are having fun now, but it is at the expense of a really average Wild team. Easily the worst team in the playoffs. 

Hmmm.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#370 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

Elite tending by Quick in the last five minutes. Dudes more flexible then a woman. 6-3, series 3-1.

#371 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

Have people viewed  the knee-on-knee by Matt Cooke on Barrie??? People are up in arms that Cooke didn't get suspended longer.  I actually think that Cooke has changed his game since leaving sh!ttsburgh.  He has stayed out of trouble with the league for 36 months! 3 Years!  If that isn't proof that he has changed the way he plays, I don't know what is.  He actually came out with a statement today saying he was sorry for the play.  That takes some cahones I think.  Does anyone remember if Chara apologized for almost killing/ending Max Pacieoretty's career? I don't think so. 

I don't think the knee to knee was intentional and I do think Cooke should have been suspended due to the severity of the injury to Barrie.  Three years without incident. 

In another topic, I don't think that Minnesota is that bad.  They're top 6 is pretty scary and a good mix of players.  (Not sure if that is what they're rolling as of now, but I'd kill for anyone is that top 6(minus Heatley).
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Heatley-Granland-Pomninville
Moulson-Brodziak-Niederreiter

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#372 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Have people viewed  the knee-on-knee by Matt Cooke on Barrie??? People are up in arms that Cooke didn't get suspended longer.  I actually think that Cooke has changed his game since leaving sh!ttsburgh.  He has stayed out of trouble with the league for 36 months! 3 Years!  If that isn't proof that he has changed the way he plays, I don't know what is.  He actually came out with a statement today saying he was sorry for the play.  That takes some cahones I think.  Does anyone remember if Chara apologized for almost killing/ending Max Pacieoretty's career? I don't think so. 

I don't think the knee to knee was intentional and I do think Cooke should have been suspended due to the severity of the injury to Barrie.  Three years without incident. 

In another topic, I don't think that Minnesota is that bad.  They're top 6 is pretty scary and a good mix of players.  (Not sure if that is what they're rolling as of now, but I'd kill for anyone is that top 6(minus Heatley).
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Heatley-Granland-Pomninville
Moulson-Brodziak-Niederreiter

Chara it was a hockey play who turned how bad.We see that exact play every game like 50 times the only difference was the partition was there that time

www.SterioDesign.com

#373 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

Do I want Minnesota to crash and burn or this god-awful Toronto West (Avs) team to? 

Easy, Minnesota. They bought their way into the playoffs, and I want one of their 2 or 3 year window of opportunity to contend to end in failure.

#374 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xFrAo7eE5gM

C'mon man research!

Edited by GoArmySports, 25 April 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#375 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

What an idiot hahaha... Dude scored one of the more memorable game-winners in recent years when no one in the country realized he did, but it won a Stanley Cup.

#376 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Lololz

Maybe she meant "other then historical series ending ones"? :giggle:

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#377 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

You guys should look up more on that story.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#378 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

You guys should look up more on that story.

The part about her lame excuse of trying to get him to talk about his other OT winners?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#379 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hmmm.

Look who comes back to just quote me. Just shocking with your obsession.

Anyway, the Wild might be better than Colorado right now. I don't think the Avs are very good. You lose Duchene and Barrie, and that is major. The Avs defense is piss poor at the moment. What I should have added is that I think the Wild and Avalanche are the two worst teams in the playoffs. But my main point at the time was that the Avs aren't that good, and if they were going to look great, it only be against the Wild.

Have fun.

Edited by devilsrule33, 25 April 2014 - 12:54 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#380 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

Colorado is easily the worst team in the playoffs.  They're getting run like Toronto would've been run.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users