2364 replies to this topic

#381 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

The part about her lame excuse of trying to get him to talk about his other OT winners?

Not really, but it ties in to the fact that she's interviewed him after all his OT GWGs. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#382 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,957 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

Colorado is easily the worst team in the playoffs.  They're getting run like Toronto would've been run.

Can't argue that right now. Things do look different now than they did after the first two games, but my point was I didn't think the Avs were all that good at that moment when people were being wowed by their young stars, I thought Minny was the only team that they had a chance to beat. But even that seems like a long shot right now.

No one should be impressed by anything in that series.

Edited by devilsrule33, 25 April 2014 - 01:29 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#383 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Not really, but it ties in to the fact that she's interviewed him after all his OT GWGs. 

I don't get it though. Why ask that question then? If she knows that he's scored 4 OT winners, why ask that question when you gotta know it'll make you sound like an incompetent idiot? If you want him to talk about his other GWGs, just ask how this one felt compared to the rest. Then he's gotta at least say, "well, the winner in the finals in 2010 is obviously the most memorable, but they all felt pretty good".

Edited by ATLL765, 25 April 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#384 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Ughh joe micheletti is hands down the hardest color guy to listen to in the league. I understand the rangers pay him to be a homer, but he is just making viewers less intelligent when he speaks. St louis takes a terrible dive, he doesnt say a word, moore crosschecks giroux as hard as possible and he says that he sold it.

#385 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

I don't think the Avs are all that bad.. They're just young. Really young. And their kids aren't performing well under pressure when the games really start to matter.

Calling them the Leafs of the West is a little harsh

Also, Backes is a freakin warrior

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#386 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Hahahahaha did anyone just see andy mcdonald say, " who me!?!? fvck you!!!"

#387 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Ughh joe micheletti is hands down the hardest color guy to listen to in the league. I understand the rangers pay him to be a homer, but he is just making viewers less intelligent when he speaks. St louis takes a terrible dive, he doesnt say a word, moore crosschecks giroux as hard as possible and he says that he sold it.

I thought Keith Jones or Eddie Olcyk was doing play by play.I was going to say I'm surprised the guy can talk with a bunch of Rangers dicks in his mouth

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#388 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Philly wins 2-1, series tied at 2. Mason stood on his head.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#389 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

Toews ends it in OT- Chicago wins 3-2. That series won't make it back to St. Louis.

#390 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image

Lmfao. Great pic.

#391 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

lol ^ nice sign
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#392 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Look who comes back to just quote me. Just shocking with your obsession.

Anyway, the Wild might be better than Colorado right now. I don't think the Avs are very good. You lose Duchene and Barrie, and that is major. The Avs defense is piss poor at the moment. What I should have added is that I think the Wild and Avalanche are the two worst teams in the playoffs. But my main point at the time was that the Avs aren't that good, and if they were going to look great, it only be against the Wild.

Have fun.

Well, I was reading through the thread and that's the quote that stood out to me. If you took it personally, I am sorry, but I'm not sure why you got so upset in your response and attacked. I didn't even say you were wrong, just pointed out with 'hmmm' that I was starting to wonder, especially after Minny dominated Colorado, allowing 12 shots on goal.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#393 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

171bf510-cbee-11e3-ab16-db4bd6bb9671_kuY

#394 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hope the B's hold on and send the wings golfing......BTW Lou,you let a damn good coach go in Claude.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#395 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

looks like the bruins will be going to round two..no surprise there i wanted them and expected them to be the wings
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#396 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

BOS-MTL should be a great series.

#397 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

The Habs vs B's series should be a brawl.  IMO, there are two teams capable of beating the Bruins.  The Rags and the Habs.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#398 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

I seriously think the Pens have about 5 more seasons of being a solid team before they become mediocre again.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#399 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

I seriously think the Pens have about 5 more seasons of being a solid team before they become mediocre again.

Even if that happens, that would make for 13 solid seasons, with at least one SC Championship.  A lot of franchises would kill for that. 

That being said, if they don't get at least one more Cup win in the Crosby-Malkin era, it's going to be seen as disappointing. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#400 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

One observation from this playoffs so far: The dirtier a prick you are the more successful you are. MIN and LA are loaded with them.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users