2364 replies to this topic

#801 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Good news is that Lundqvist played maybe his best playoff game ever and the Rags still lost

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#802 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

Good news is that Lundqvist played maybe his best playoff game ever and the Rags still lost

Not only that, they were shut-out. Beautiful.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#803 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Thank you pens, i will sleep better tonight.

#804 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

Atta boy Pens.  Really thought the Rags were gonna steal that one.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#805 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

St. Louis has been terrible. Done virtually nothing.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#806 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

Not only that, they were shut-out. Beautiful.

to a T. now hopefully they can shut the door on them again tonight
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#807 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

Chris Christie, our governor, is on with Boomer and Carton talking about how he loves the Rangers and what a die-hard Ranger fan he is. And his kids are Rag fans too. Its truly disgusting.

Edited by MadDog2020, 05 May 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#808 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

Chris Christie, our governor, is on with Boomer and Carton talking about how he loves the Rangers and what a die-hard Ranger fan he is. And his kids are Rag fans too. Its truly disgusting.

Especially since he was throwing a fit during the Super Bowl, claiming that it was in NJ and not NY and should be acknowledged as such. Can't have it both ways fatso.

believe-devs.jpg

#809 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

because theyre currently playing and the New Jersey team is not.. im sure he doesnt follow at all and hes just on the air flapping his gums
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#810 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

because theyre currently playing and the New Jersey team is not.. im sure he doesnt follow at all and hes just on the air flapping his gums

Nah, he's always been a Rags fan and he's not shy about it. When we played them in the ECF two years ago his kids were at the Garden wearing Rags jerseys. It's laughable.

#811 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Nah, he's always been a Rags fan and he's not shy about it. When we played them in the ECF two years ago his kids were at the Garden wearing Rags jerseys. It's laughable.

iam from New York (state not city..i live in rockland county) so 9 times out of 10 iam the black sheep whenever hockey gets brought up everyone is a rangers fan and iam left being the only devils fan usually.. but living in ny thats pretty much expected..however i feel like more and more a lot of people in nj are rangers fans as well..they just seem to have such a large fan base and now that they have a descent team and our team sucks thats not going to help anything.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#812 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

Well Christie was 20 when the Devils came to NJ, so he sort of has an excuse to be a Rag fan. As far as I'm concerned it's not as bad as the 30 and under crowd. That said...he needs to realize that he's the governor of NJ and perhaps tone it down a bit. The fact that he was at MSG cheering AGAINST the home town Devils is pretty disgusting. And I'm surprised he didn't get more heat for that in the media

Christie is also a Cowboys fan and went to Metlife last year and schmoozed with Jerry Jones in the owners box and on the sidelines when the Giants played them. So he does it with football too.

Edited by '7', 05 May 2014 - 08:35 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#813 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

I doubt he is the first and the last NJ governor who is a Rags fan.  He just gets it more because of his actions in office (both good and bad) and has made a lot of enemies.

He grew up in a time when the Devils didn't exist yet or when they were brand new.  Can't fault him for remaining a Rags fan at that point.  If he switched allegiances he will get it for abandoning his old team and if he sticks to the Rags like he did, well look at the flack he gets now.  He is in a catch 22.

Rex Ryan has been caught wearing the jersey of at least 3 different teams including the Devils yet he doesn't catch as much sh!t as Christie does.

Well Christie was 20 when the Devils came to NJ, so he sort of has an excuse to be a Rag fan. As far as I'm concerned it's not as bad as the 30 and under crowd. That said...he needs to realize that he's the governor of NJ and perhaps tone it down a bit

This exactly.

#814 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

Christie himself I can understand a little based on the age thing... His kids have no excuse though. And I don't wanna hear this 'cheer for the team your father cheered for' sh!t, its a cop-out. Be your own person.

#815 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

iam from New York (state not city..i live in rockland county) so 9 times out of 10 iam the black sheep whenever hockey gets brought up everyone is a rangers fan and iam left being the only devils fan usually.. but living in ny thats pretty much expected..however i feel like more and more a lot of people in nj are rangers fans as well..they just seem to have such a large fan base and now that they have a descent team and our team sucks thats not going to help anything.

Devils were the better team than the Rags for about 15 years and it helped a bit, but it still didn't pack them in.  Some of it has to do with the fact that previous owners didn't or couldn't invest more into promoting the team around the area.  A lot of it has to do with the Rags having "New York" in their name.  I mean remember that little kid in the interview before the Yankee Stadium game and why he thinks the Rangers are better than the Devils ("Because they are from New York").

Can't fix the second part but at least the new owners are trying to fix the first part.

#816 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

Christie himself I can understand a little based on the age thing... His kids have no excuse though. And I don't wanna hear this 'cheer for the team your father cheered for' sh!t, its a cop-out. Be your own person.

Hard to do it when at home your father controls the TV and the means and ways to get tickets to a game up until you at least get your driver's license.

I don't like it either but I cannot blame it.  The people that really irritate me are the ones brand new to the sport and pick the Rangers all because they are from NY and believe the nonsense about their "storied history" rammed down their throats by MSG.

#817 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

yea i agree with the whole New York media thing just promoting their team as well
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#818 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hard to do it when at home your father controls the TV and the means and ways to get tickets to a game up until you at least get your driver's license.

I don't like it either but I cannot blame it. The people that really irritate me are the ones brand new to the sport and pick the Rangers all because they are from NY and believe the nonsense about their "storied history" rammed down their throats by MSG.

So do what I would do and root for the other team just to spite the old man lol. Maybe the message will become clear at that point. Again, my mother worked at MSG and was a Rangers fan for a long time... Even as a kid, I wasn't having that sh!t. I flat-out said it- the Devils are my team. Deal with it. Now she's a die-hard Devils fan too and has been for over 20 years.

#819 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

So do what I would do and root for the other team just to spite the old man lol. Maybe the message will become clear at that point. Again, my mother worked at MSG and was a Rangers fan for a long time... Even as a kid, I wasn't having that sh!t. I flat-out said it- the Devils are my team. Deal with it. Now she's a die-hard Devils fan too and has been for over 20 years.

Well it is obvious then you are a much stronger willed person than a lot of others lol.

#820 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Well it is obvious then you are a much stronger willed person than a lot of others lol.

I also grew up in a family of Giants fans... You see how that worked out lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users