2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

being exposed like the fraud that he is... someone said it was going to happen
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#844 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

The Garden is dead. What lousy fans. Don't ever let them tell you they're fan base is great or that msg is some mystical place. Compete sh!t.

Edited by devlman, 05 May 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#845 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

being exposed like the fraud that he is... someone said it was going to happen

c'mon, guy came up big in Game 7 and played well enough to win last night.  He's not really a fraud.  Not that I ever mind seeing him lose...

The Garden is dead. What lousy fans. Don't ever let them tell you they're fan base is great or that msg is some mystical place. Compete sh!t.

Our fans can be pretty somnambulant too, but I agree, greatly overrated fanbase, always has been...lots of witless dummies in that crowd.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#846 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,010 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

2-0 Pens win. Beautiful.

Edited by MadDog2020, 05 May 2014 - 09:11 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#847 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

I hate this song, but I love the Rangers losing and getting shut out in back to back I LOVE IT

#848 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Root for MAF to play well, maybe Pitt re-signs him.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#849 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,010 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Root for MAF to play well, maybe Pitt re-signs him.

Exactly CR. Win-win for us lol.

#850 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,010 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

1-0 LA already.

#851 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

It sounded like an L.A. home game after that first goal. There was even a loud, mocking "Hillller, Hilller" chant -- exactly like the "Maaarty, Maaarty" chant that Rangers fans like do.

#852 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,484 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

But Christie is only getting criticized in these types of threads because he is so vocal in his support of the Rangers. Are you saying that the only people that are bothered by it are those who are against him politically? I don't believe that to be true.

Christine Todd Whitman, another Republican, was very visible in her support of the Devils in all of her years in office and even afterward. I don't remember anyone ever asking her who she supported before there was a Devils team. It obviously couldn't have been the Devils.

Hell, we had people in these threads criticizing Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes for showing up at the Yankees Stadium game wearing Rangers jerseys.

I absolutely am saying the ones bothered by it are the ones who hate him politically or for whatever reason (usually the people who cry that he is a "bully")

Whitman piggy backed off that 95 team like any other politician would. Before she probably couldn't name more than 1 or 2 players on that team. She supported them for political reasons which to me is far more slimy than Christies continued support for the team he grew up supporting.

#853 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

I absolutely am saying the ones bothered by it are the ones who hate him politically or for whatever reason (usually the people who cry that he is a "bully")

Whitman piggy backed off that 95 team like any other politician would. Before she probably couldn't name more than 1 or 2 players on that team. She supported them for political reasons which to me is far more slimy than Christies continued support for the team he grew up supporting.

Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Like I said, we had people in here -- myself included -- annoyed at the Asbury Jukes for showing up to the Rangers-Devils Stadium Series game sporting Rangers jerseys. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I never had reason to dislike them before that.

I don't care what party's in charge in Trenton. In my mind, it's an embarrassment when the governor openly cheers for any N.J. team's biggest rivals.

In the least, like DJ Eco and bostondevil11 said earlier, if the governor (or any other high-profile Jersey guy/girl) absolutely, positively can't bring himself to switch his allegiance to Jersey teams, at least try and keep it a little more quiet that you're rooting against them -- especially when the teams reach the playoffs.

BTW, I don't know whether or not Whitman supported the Devs before becoming governor, but I know she still roots for them now. I met her after a Devs home game at the Rock a few years ago and got her to pose for a pic with me. I thought it was pretty cool that she was there and told her so.

#854 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,010 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Yeah the Jukes showing up to Yankee Stadium in Rags jerseys annoyed me too. You're supposed to be from Jersey. Act like it a$$holes.

#855 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Yeah the Jukes showing up to Yankee Stadium in Rags jerseys annoyed me too. You're supposed to be from Jersey. Act like it a$$holes.

Right, the ONLY reason they were even invited to perform in between periods was because it was supposed to be a New Jersey Devils home game and they are a Jersey band!

I can guarantee that had that been a Rangers home game, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes wouldn't have even been a blip on anyone's radar when it came time to pick musical acts.

#856 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

I was bothered by Southside Johnny because they suck. Putting Rags jerseys on them was appropriate because they are simply a second rate embarrassment. I would have been embarrassed if they were wearing our jersey that day.

I could care less who Christie roots for. It would not affect my vote one bit, nor should it. I had a chance to talk hockey with him a few years ago and he's knowledgeable. He makes no apologies for being a Rags and Cowgirls fan, but gives the Devils their due and genuinely respects the way the organization is run and the success it has had. Not just your typical NY guido BS like "we're the best cause were NYC brah!"
Posted Image

#857 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

I was bothered by Southside Johnny because they suck. Putting Rags jerseys on them was appropriate because they are simply a second rate embarrassment. I would have been embarrassed if they were wearing our jersey that day.

I could care less who Christie roots for. It would not affect my vote one bit, nor should it. I had a chance to talk hockey with him a few years ago and he's knowledgeable. He makes no apologies for being a Rags and Cowgirls fan, but gives the Devils their due and genuinely respects the way the organization is run and the success it has had. Not just your typical NY guido BS like "we're the best cause were NYC brah!"

Re: Southside Johnny ... point taken, LOL. No offense to their fans, but as a proud New Jerseyan, I gotta agree with you that it was a little embarrassing that the best the NHL could come up with to represent Jersey on a national stage was a band that hasn't been relevant since the late '70s... In fairness to the Jukes, though, I thought they got the crowd moving that day much moreso than the Jersey Boys, at least that's the way it looked on TV.

As for Christie, I sure as sh!t never meant to imply that his being a Rangers fan would affect my vote one way or another. That wasn't my point. Not in the slightest. I think it's great that he is a genuine sports fan and respects the Devils. But that being said, if he's really that knowledgeable about the franchise, he's gotta know how hard it has been for them to carve out a niche in this area, especially with their arena being a stone's throw away from Manhattan. It's been hard enough as it is trying to overcome all of these N.J. Rangers fan families passing the NYR torch from one generation to the next -- even after 30 years. If the guv really understood what the Devs and their fans have to put up with on a daily basis and if he cared about them at all, the least he could do is tone it down a notch with his public paeans to the Blueshirts.

#858 landofvanilla

landofvanilla

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

Too early to say Hawks vs Kings rematch?

#859 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Too early to say Hawks vs Kings rematch?

Probably not too early...it's astounding but we could very well have the same final four teams as last year.  I don't remember that ever happening in the NHL.  Maybe in the NBA but I can't even think of an instance there off the top of my head.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#860 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

120 minutes w/out a goal, wasn't this new rags coach supposed to make them a more offensive team? and that PP ROFLMAO!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users