2364 replies to this topic

#901 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

I was talking hockey with some co-workers, and I just want to say that only a Ranger fan would come up with the sentence "The NHL wants Pittsburgh to beat the Rangers. They want Pittsburgh and Crosby and Malkin in the finals. That's why they scheduled those back-to-backs."

That sounds stupid, but every fan base says similar sh!t. All of them, regardless how conceivable or inconceivable it sounds. Firstly, I have read hundreds of posts here about the league having it out for the Devils in terms of punishments/suspensions reffing or goal calls. Secondly, I have heard everything from Habs/Leafs fans calling conspiracy because they think the NHL wants American teams to do well...to any team playing the Penguins saying the league wants Crosby and co to advance...to Penguins fans complaining that the league is against them for a multiple of reasons. 

I mean yes that comment makes no sense on a number of levels, but for every dumb Rangers fan comment we can go to the Devils FB page and find something just as dumb.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#902 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

I thought Brooks referenced something in the last day or two that the Garden availability was partly to blame for the tight scheduling.  But I went to MSG's website and couldn't find a 'master' schedule of events. Whatever, whatever.  It is funny though the Ana/LA series gets a two day break though.  I hate 2 day breaks, everybody s/b playing every other night. Then it's even for all.  If you came off of a short or shorter series, then you earned the rest.

#903 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

That sounds stupid, but every fan base says similar sh!t. All of them, regardless how conceivable or inconceivable it sounds. Firstly, I have read hundreds of posts here about the league having it out for the Devils in terms of punishments/suspensions reffing or goal calls. Secondly, I have heard everything from Habs/Leafs fans calling conspiracy because they think the NHL wants American teams to do well...to any team playing the Penguins saying the league wants Crosby and co to advance...to Penguins fans complaining that the league is against them for a multiple of reasons.

I mean yes that comment makes no sense on a number of levels, but for every dumb Rangers fan comment we can go to the Devils FB page and find something just as dumb.

While the above is true, I like to think that Devils conspiracy theorists at least use logical arguments. "The league goes against the Devils because they are a small market nobody cares about" - I'm not saying that is the case, just that it is a logical argument to use.

When the Rag fans claim a conspiracy, it's ridiculous. Yes, the league WANTS New York to fail, it's only the biggest media market in the country. Absolute garbage.

By the way, the other day a co-worker of mine said to me "Bro, how can you root against the Rangers, we're (NJ and NY) neighbors." I couldn't care less if Pittsburgh won the cup, knock these fools into submission and out of the playoffs as soon as possible.

#904 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

I was talking hockey with some co-workers, and I just want to say that only a Ranger fan would come up with the sentence "The NHL wants Pittsburgh to beat the Rangers. They want Pittsburgh and Crosby and Malkin in the finals. That's why they scheduled those back-to-backs."

Rangers fans are braindead. The only thing they're victims of is Dolan/MSG scheduling and the ramifications of going to 7 games with a vastly inferior Flyers team.

Although, plenty of fans of most teams say this kinda stuff, even here on NJDevs haha... Although, yes, Penguins are the obvious target as they do have a track record in the media.

Edited by DJ Eco, 07 May 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#905 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

While the above is true, I like to think that Devils conspiracy theorists at least use logical arguments. "The league goes against the Devils because they are a small market nobody cares about" - I'm not saying that is the case, just that it is a logical argument to use.

When the Rag fans claim a conspiracy, it's ridiculous. Yes, the league WANTS New York to fail, it's only the biggest media market in the country. Absolute garbage.

By the way, the other day a co-worker of mine said to me "Bro, how can you root against the Rangers, we're (NJ and NY) neighbors." I couldn't care less if Pittsburgh won the cup, knock these fools into submission and out of the playoffs as soon as possible.

I didn't go into detail about Pens fans, but I have read something along the lines of, "of course the NHL wants (so and so team to win), they know Pittsburgh is a set hockey market, but they need (insert small market team) to win and have a good playoff run to stabilize that market."

So when you have that logic, you can have a situation where any team's fans thinks the league wants their opponents to win.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#906 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

My favorite was a Ranger fan that called the Fan a few years back and said the league wanted Ottawa to beat the Rangers and the refs were in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#907 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

not sure how scheduling back to back games in a series would be helping one team any more or less than the other.. both teams have to play the back to back?.. ridiculous theyre going to lose anyway so whatever.. lets go pittsburg
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#908 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

LGP!  3-1 series lead, make it happen!

#909 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

pens already on the board with 1..beautiful
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#910 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Quick 360 goal for Pitt, nice!  Now get an insurance goal!

#911 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

sick goal by malkin

bettman conspires against devils cause his kids are devils fans and he doesnt want to show favor

everyone wanted rangers/ kings so that is the why behind 2012 anti devils conspiracy. :devil:

Posted Image

#912 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

damnn the rags have woken up
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#913 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Sutter scores short-handed, 2-1 Pittsburgh after 2.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#914 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Rangers fans are so mad at Rick Nash and Martin St. Louis.  It's hilarious!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#915 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Whoa!  The Garden Faithful is booing Rick Nash!

Edited by Mike Brown, 07 May 2014 - 08:40 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#916 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

PLEASE finish this one off, Pens.

#917 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

3-1, Jokinen.

#918 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Rangers look like utter dogsh!t and I love it

#919 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Now St. Louis is getting booed.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#920 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Pittsburgh wins 3-1. Rags fans booing Nash and St. Louis out of the building. Lmfao, beautiful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)