2364 replies to this topic

#941 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

BRIGHT LIGHTS OF BROADWAY, BRAH... WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS ARENA, BRAH.... GREATEST FANS IN THE LEAGUE, BRAH....

*****boos their own players*****

#942 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Buying out Brad Richards should help things a bit although it will leave them a hole at center.  I think they can land a big free agent if they so desire.  The pipeline is starting to dry up a bit for them, but they really can't get much better without a big trade.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#943 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

They gave up on Del Zotto too quickly, too.

#944 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

Not that Boomer and Carlton have a clue what they're talking about half the time but..still a good listen to hear Rangers fans suffering a bit.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#945 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

They gave up on Del Zotto too quickly, too.

Del Zotto will probably be an unrestricted free agent, so they can get him back if they want.

#946 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

I actually like Boomer, especially since he's a guy who's actually lived the life of a professional athlete (and a pretty successful one at that), and can offer that perspective. 

Carton is a clown who thinks he's way cooler and badass than he could ever dream of being.  He reminds me of an old Sylvester cartoon that had a strong-but-silent dog named Spike, with his annoying, eager-to-please sidekick next to him...actually, why describe when I can just show:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ov-1S8Xxd94

Guess which one Carton is.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 08 May 2014 - 10:59 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#947 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

I'm sorry SD but I am so rooting for the Habs to make it to the cup. Been to Montreal six times and loved it every time. Plus you gotta hand it to them so far in this series, they are using their speed and ramming it down Boston's throat.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#948 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

Funny how all of the bandwagon ranger fans stopped posting on facebook after game one.

Looks like it will be another year of the "king" not winning a cup.

I still have a few Rags fans on my FB still talkin....one even going as far as blaming their management on passing on Messier as a coach trying to wonder if he would have been better than AV....

*sigh*

LOL!

#949 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

I'm enjoying the Rags struggles too, but I hope we're not throwing dirt on their season one loss too soon. We've all seen teams come back from a 3-1 deficit before.

#950 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

So, is Nash a player who can't handle the pressure, or is he getting unlucky? His advanced stats look pretty good, and he's leading the playoffs in shots. Yet every time I see him, he looks like a total non factor.

http://www.extraskat...r/122/rick-nash

#951 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

I'm enjoying the Rags struggles too, but I hope we're not throwing dirt on their season one loss too soon. We've all seen teams come back from a 3-1 deficit before.

They looked as beaten as a team I've seen.  St. Louis looks lost, McDonagh looks hurt, Nash isn't making enough happen.  Your best players have to be your best players and right now the Rangers are not living up to that.

#952 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Not that Boomer and Carlton have a clue what they're talking about half the time but..still a good listen to hear Rangers fans suffering a bit.

"MESSIER, CANYON OF HEROES, HIGH PRESSURE, BROADWAY LIGHTS, NEW YORK MEDIA, etc., etc...."

Ugh, Rangers talk radio is so F'ing predictable. They essentially talked for 3 minutes about absolutely nothing. Carton, who's the bigger tool of the two, is actually the only one to bring up stats, and that Nash has had over 50 shots on goal without a goal.

Edited by DJ Eco, 08 May 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#953 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

They looked as beaten as a team I've seen.  St. Louis looks lost, McDonagh looks hurt, Nash isn't making enough happen.  Your best players have to be your best players and right now the Rangers are not living up to that.

I agree with all of that wholeheartedly! I'm just wary of counting the chickens before they hatch.

With their backs to the wall, if they can somehow muster up a win in Pittsburgh, all of a sudden there will be a glimmer of hope for them heading back to MSG.

#954 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Lundqvist came up big in Game 7 in the last round, and Games 2 and 3 of this series can't be put on him, but if he turns in another performance like last night's, he's going to hear about it too. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#955 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Buying out Brad Richards should help things a bit although it will leave them a hole at center.  I think they can land a big free agent if they so desire.  The pipeline is starting to dry up a bit for them, but they really can't get much better without a big trade.

They arent in bad shape at C, but they would need to add one.  They've got Stepan and Brassard.  They could even decide between bringing either Boyle/Moore back for another year as the checking line C.

I don't see where the big free agent is for them.  They need to look at their defense a little bit to see if they can upgrade the PP and address the back 3 or 4 guys behind Girardi, Staal, McDonagh.  Dan Boyle might make some sense since the Rangers are pretty much now a "core" veteran team.  But I don't see a Vanek or Moulson acquisition for them.  I think they are similar to us in they have to trade.  I think this offseason is as ripe for trading as we've seen the last few years.  FA market is very limited.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#956 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

They arent in bad shape at C, but they would need to add one.  They've got Stepan and Brassard.  They could even decide between bringing either Boyle/Moore back for another year as the checking line C.

I don't see where the big free agent is for them.  They need to look at their defense a little bit to see if they can upgrade the PP and address the back 3 or 4 guys behind Girardi, Staal, McDonagh.  Dan Boyle might make some sense since the Rangers are pretty much now a "core" veteran team.  But I don't see a Vanek or Moulson acquisition for them.  I think they are similar to us in they have to trade.  I think this offseason is as ripe for trading as we've seen the last few years.  FA market is very limited.

That's really not good shape, I mean it's fine for a playoff team but not one that has designs on the Stanley Cup.  Stepan's a nice player but I don't think he's all that great - I don't think he's one of the best 30 centers in the league.  Brassard's a nice complementary piece but the Rangers' QO on him will have to be 3.7M, and I'm not sure they want to go there for a guy who right now is their 3rd line center.  If they're your 1-2 center punch you have to be really excellent on the wing and on defense.

Stralman is really underrated and if the Rangers lose him, they'll be losing a good player.  I don't think there's much question that Stralman is better than Girardi.  I agree that Dan Boyle is an excellent fit for them, and if Zidlicky doesn't come back to the Devils I could see the Rangers being interested in him.  

The Rangers have some pieces for a trade but not many.  Kreider would be the most interesting piece, and I imagine some teams would really like to get a chance at having Cam Talbot.  JT Miller is a player that the coach doesn't have a ton of faith in right now.  Still, none of those bring back the superstar type player the Rangers probably would want.

#957 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

what's to say the rangers don't amnesty richards and go for statsny at a similar price? you don't think that's something on their radar?

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#958 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

what's to say the rangers don't amnesty richards and go for statsny at a similar price? you don't think that's something on their radar?

I wouldn't put it past them. Stastny is going to have his choice of about six or seven ideal destinations though.

That's really not good shape, I mean it's fine for a playoff team but not one that has designs on the Stanley Cup. Stepan's a nice player but I don't think he's all that great - I don't think he's one of the best 30 centers in the league. Brassard's a nice complementary piece but the Rangers' QO on him will have to be 3.7M, and I'm not sure they want to go there for a guy who right now is their 3rd line center. If they're your 1-2 center punch you have to be really excellent on the wing and on defense.

Stralman is really underrated and if the Rangers lose him, they'll be losing a good player. I don't think there's much question that Stralman is better than Girardi. I agree that Dan Boyle is an excellent fit for them, and if Zidlicky doesn't come back to the Devils I could see the Rangers being interested in him.

The Rangers have some pieces for a trade but not many. Kreider would be the most interesting piece, and I imagine some teams would really like to get a chance at having Cam Talbot. JT Miller is a player that the coach doesn't have a ton of faith in right now. Still, none of those bring back the superstar type player the Rangers probably would want.

Supposedly the Rangers were sniffing on Zidlicky last offseason a bit. Miller looks like definite trade bait but his value isn't as high as the Rangers would probably like.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#959 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

That's really not good shape, I mean it's fine for a playoff team but not one that has designs on the Stanley Cup.  Stepan's a nice player but I don't think he's all that great - I don't think he's one of the best 30 centers in the league.  Brassard's a nice complementary piece but the Rangers' QO on him will have to be 3.7M, and I'm not sure they want to go there for a guy who right now is their 3rd line center.  If they're your 1-2 center punch you have to be really excellent on the wing and on defense.

Stralman is really underrated and if the Rangers lose him, they'll be losing a good player.  I don't think there's much question that Stralman is better than Girardi.  I agree that Dan Boyle is an excellent fit for them, and if Zidlicky doesn't come back to the Devils I could see the Rangers being interested in him.  

The Rangers have some pieces for a trade but not many.  Kreider would be the most interesting piece, and I imagine some teams would really like to get a chance at having Cam Talbot.  JT Miller is a player that the coach doesn't have a ton of faith in right now.  Still, none of those bring back the superstar type player the Rangers probably would want.

Yeah, not that I'm counting on NJ getting Stastny (think it's a possibility though), but I really don't want NYR in on the bidding. Maybe UFAs will start crossing NYR off their lists because so many have failed, but I know not to be that naive.

Lookint at their young guys, Talbot will either need to play well in the even of a prolonged Lundqvist injury or have a few more seasons like 2013-2014 to have any real value. His AHL numbers arent really all that special. I dont think Kreider gets moved because it seems like AV really likes him. Miller, maybe, but he has torn up the AHL and is really young

#960 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

Part of me is wondering after a season wanting of Stastny is if it's worth the length/term. I'm beginning to question it, but in the short term  I am fine with the signing, long term - I am nervous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users