First B1G Season: 7-5

#1142 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Funny bounce off the boards on that game winner.

#1143 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

Really glad the Hawks ended that tonight. fvck you Parise

#1144 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

I guess I'm rooting for Boston over the Habs now, because I don't know if Habs can get it done vs Rangers.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1145 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

I'm all-in for the Ducks to win, but I don't think that they can beat Boston.  I'm thinking Ducks-BOS/NYR.  Dear god let it be BOS.  I feel awful for Hiller, his play has been going incredibly downhill the past year or so.  I expect to see him in Calgary or Edmonton next season. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1146 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

At least the Rangers won't have a first the next two years

#1147 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,937 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

In the last five years, the Penguins are 27-23 in 50 playoff games, and have won just four series.  They're 0-3 in Game 7s. 

I'm curious to see if they decide to keep this group relatively intact and give them one last chance, or if a big change is coming.  I can't imagine them keeping Bylsma, but I can't see them moving Malkin or Crosby.  It's easy to say they might trade MAF, but who replaces him?  Not to mention that his value probably isn't great right now...some GMs likely feel that his better numbers (regular season wins) have a lot more to do with the team in front of him than with him.  A guy like Miller, who didn't exactly light it up for St. Louis, will be 34, and will probably want a nice chunk of change? 

They'll make some changes (starting with the head coach), but I get the feeling they're not going to be earth-shattering.  Still can't help but wonder if they've got their eyes on Schneider.  PLEASE get Cory signed Lou!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1148 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

They'll make some changes (starting with the head coach), but I get the feeling they're not going to be earth-shattering.  Still can't help but wonder if they've got their eyes on Schneider.  PLEASE get Cory signed Lou!

I'm not too worried about Cory being eyed by other teams.  There are a few good UFAs 'tenders this year.  The one thing that would worry me, is that Schneider has maintained his great/elite SV% even when the team put up fairly poor season numbers.  GMs are likely keeping an eye on that.

Edited by RizzMB30, 14 May 2014 - 07:33 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1149 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

I only know a few Rangers fans, so I don't have the same hatred so many of you have for that team. I haven't been dealing with all these fans surrounding me at school/work/at the arenas throughout my life. So it's totally different, but from a player standpoint and the way the rivalry has been since 2012...there just isn't much for me to dislike about this Rangers team.

Even the Devils/Rangers games have been tame in those seasons. No Tortorella to hate. No Avery. No Prust. I don't know...just don't have any reason to root against them. I am having trouble trying to manufacture any hatred.

Of course that will be different for everyone in NJ/NY...

Edited by devilsrule33, 14 May 2014 - 09:12 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1150 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

From a France & french stand of point.. obviously... I really don't care about the Rangers ... and no one around me push me in my throat rangers rangers rangers... so.. yeah just like Devilsrule33... I don't have a real problem with them. In same time, I totally understand the general hate and rivalry about them... I usually roots against them by sympathy for my fellow Devs Fans ! 

... But this time.. It was against Pittsburg. And i really really don't like them.

#1151 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Mannnnn, this season blows.... I work in NYC every day, I've never seen as much Rangers clothing and garb as I've seen this postseason, not even in 2012. It tells me one thing, that more and more people are getting used to the Rangers in the playoffs. They're on the front page of every paper, everyone's talking about it. All the Hoboken bars had their Rangers flags out this weekend on Mother's Day. This is bad for New Jersey Devils hockey on all levels, really bad. 

The key demographic the Devils are trying to reach, the young families or maybe people or corporate accounts not previously interested in hockey, they're watching this year's Rangers and thinking "this is an elite hockey team". Our attendance was sh!t this year, the overall excitement at the games was sh!t. Go across the pond, and you have a crazy come-from-behind 3-1 emotional turnaround after the passing of Martin Saint Louis' mom. It's a story the average person in this area can hold onto and rally behind. Yankees are crap, Mets are the Mets, so everyone's a Rangers fan. It's what the Rangers organization dreamed of, it's the spectacle, the fairytale Broadway drama they dreamed of, and we're stuck on the other side looking like a bunch of idiots being the only fans in the league rooting against them, rooting for the Penguins.

Lou better make moves, and the new owners better force him to change on how he views things like marketing and fan outreach. He better realize how much the fans are hurting in just two quick years. We're in Islanders or Mets territory if we have to deal with another year of this crap, while our less successful cousin across the river is still making front page news.

Edited by DJ Eco, 14 May 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#1152 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

Mannnnn, this season blows.... I work in NYC every day, I've never seen as much Rangers clothing and garb as I've seen this postseason, not even in 2012. It tells me one thing, that more and more people are getting used to the Rangers in the playoffs. They're on the front page of every paper, everyone's talking about it. All the Hoboken bars had their Rangers flags out this weekend on Mother's Day. This is bad for New Jersey Devils hockey on all levels, really bad. 

The key demographic the Devils are trying to reach, the young families or maybe people or corporate accounts not previously interested in hockey, they're watching this year's Rangers and thinking "this is an elite hockey team". Our attendance was sh!t this year, the overall excitement at the games was sh!t. Go across the pond, and you have a crazy come-from-behind 3-1 emotional turnaround after the passing of Martin Saint Louis' mom. It's a story the average person in this area can hold onto and rally behind. Yankees are crap, Mets are the Mets, so everyone's a Rangers fan. It's what the Rangers organization dreamed of, it's the spectacle, the fairytale Broadway drama they dreamed of, and we're stuck on the other side looking like a bunch of idiots being the only fans in the league rooting against them, rooting for the Penguins.

Lou better make moves, and the new owners better force him to change on how he views things like marketing and fan outreach. He better realize how much the fans are hurting in just two quick years. We're in Islanders or Mets territory if we have to deal with another year of this crap, while our less successful cousin across the river is still making front page news.

Plus the Knicks didnt make the playoffs so yeah...the NYC area is all about the rags right now...in full force

#1153 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

I think Jacque Martin will be the next coach in Pittsburgh. Unless Mario just decides to put the whole staff out to pasture.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1154 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

Ugh, all over North Jersey, Rangers fans coming out of the woodwork like termites. :yucky:

#1155 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Ugh, all over North Jersey, Rangers fans coming out of the woodwork like termites. :yucky:

You knew it would happen... It happens when any team has playoff success. They were probably jumping out of the woodwork two years ago too, but the Devils were also there so people were jumping on our bandwagon as well.

#1156 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Yup,  I just got done playing hockey, so I wasn't watching the game, (my team was also playing short a few ppl because my Ranger Fan teammates wanted to watch the game), instead of checking the score I checked Facebook.  I figured if it was quiet, the Rangers lost, and if they won, well as expected.  "LGR"  "That's why they call him the KING"  "GO RANGERS" "8 DOWN 8 TO GO"....etc, etc....from people that I never thought were even hockey or Ranger fans...all live in Jersey.

Posted Image

#1157 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

It must be said, at 3-1 the Rags fans crawled into their holes very quickly.

There is no way they can now get by either Boston/Montreal AND THEN Anaheim/Hawks/LA

Especially the western powers. Anaheim would beat the bejesus out of NYR and the Rags would be lucky to score at all against LA.

Edited by '7', 14 May 2014 - 09:35 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1158 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

It must be said, at 3-1 the Rags fans crawled into their holes very quickly.

Francesa said yesterday that at 3-1, they couldn't even get a call about the Rangers. Not one. But now that they won, all the frauds are out. Typical.

#1159 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Francesa said yesterday that at 3-1, they couldn't even get a call about the Rangers. Not one. But now that they won, all the frauds are out. Typical.

take solace in the fact that no team in NHL history has won two back to back 7 game series and gone on to win the next series after that. When you win like the Rags you empty the tank. And they still have to win two more series.

Honestly these Rag fans are almost cup level giddy now. You'd think this was like before game 5 in 1994 when they were planning the parade route and booking up reception halls all across the tri state area. Lundqvist is suddenly the king again for winning a 2nd round series.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1160 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

take solace in the fact that no team in NHL history has won two back to back 7 game series and gone on to win the next series after that. When you win like the Rags you empty the tank. And they still have to win two more series.

Honestly these Rag fans are almost cup level giddy now. You'd think this was like before game 5 in 1994 when they were planning the parade route and booking up reception halls all across the tri state area. Lundqvist is suddenly the king again for winning a 2nd round series.

I would think the reason for their extra-obnoxious giddiness is coming back from 3-1- they had never done that before. I'm sure they'll raise a banner and retire Brad Richards' number for it too lmao. Hopefully Boston/Montreal takes care of business and it won't mean jack sh!t in two weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users