2364 replies to this topic

#1221 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Lmfao, I think the Kings fans were sing-songing the wrong goalie.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1222 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

for the love of god montreal go even though Chicago's probably gonna roll whoever (assuming they'd beat Anaheim. LA would probably roll in terms of corsi but make it way more interesting than it has to be)

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1223 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

No more game 7s. Win tonight Anaheim and let's get this death march of a season over with already

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#1224 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Rags-Habs game 1 is Saturday afternoon at 1.

#1225 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

Lmfao, I think the Kings fans were sing-songing the wrong goalie.

That's pretty typical when half the Kings "fans" in the arena probably don't know who anyone on the Kings team is.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#1226 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

Wow Lucic was pissed off in that handshake line lol

#1227 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

Maybe I hear it more bc I live on LI, but so many dumb ranger fans are acting like they won the cup already, meanwhile they're only 1/2 way there.

I really hope they aren't playing in june  but if they are hopefully they don't win it all.   If they do win it all, it would be there first cup with all 30 NHL teams.

1994 only had 20 something teams

and for the first 2 only had 6 teams  

That's the biggest win they've had in 20 years. Came back from a 3-1 deficit for the first time and finally beat the Pens. A team I can't stand. The MSL story makes it special. The character they showed was remarkable. I can't remember ever being more proud of a team. It's one of the greatest goaltending clinics I've ever seen. Lundqvist's best moment. That ridiculous $5,000 fine he got for doing something most think Crosby deserved. He gets away with murder. All that inspired a little fun Lundqvist Foundation to raise money for the Garden of Dreams. We're almost up to $2,000. Best money I've spent in a while. And for a good cause.

I'm pretty excited about facing the Canadiens. It's a classic match-up between old rivals who haven't seen each other much. 1996 is the last time. A meaningless 1st round. They beat us in '86 and of course '79. Montreal will be tough. They are a very fast skating team who plays with edge. Boast the biggest PP weapon in Subban. A player I have a new respect for. The key to the series will be discipline. The Habs are lethal with the extra man. There are unique storylines. Lundqvist vs Price. McDonagh vs the team who drafted him. Prust vs the Rangers. Vigneault vs the Canadiens. New Habs sniper Dale Weise vs his ex-team. :P

The number 1 storyline is neither side has appeared in a SCF since they won. 1993 and 1994 a year apart. One team will prevail and get that chance.

The schedule already is out. Again, there'll be a back-to-back. Games 3 and 4 at MSG will have that scenario. Game 1 is Saturday at 1 PM on NBC. Awful time slot. Similar to last round, the favorite is Montreal. They boast better scorers and the Subban/Markov pairing on the man-advantage is a potential headache. Also, Lundqvist has never played well at Bell Centre. The House of Horrors. Cam Talbot got both starts in the regular season. Unless Stepan and Nash figure out a way to score, they'll be hard pressed to squeeze this one out. I have it going 6 or 7.

As for the West, hope the Kings force Game 7. I want to see Kings/Hawks. The Ducks are a very tough team. It's shaping up pretty good for Chicago. It helps when you got the most clutch dynamic duo in hockey along with the best defensive tandem. My original pick was San Jose. Once again, they went belly up. That'll teach me to ever have faith in that franchise. Boston was my pick to win it all. I felt they had the best team. But as I said here last week, Montreal matched up well. Their speed and grit were factors along with Price. To be blunt, the Bruins played a garbage first and didn't turn it on until it was too late. The Canadiens used the same strategy the Rangers did. Only difference they got the 3rd goal from Briere off Chara. If not, I bet the B's tie it and find a way in overtime. What makes the Cup great is it's much harder to accurately predict the winner. This year proves it.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1228 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

Wow Lucic was pissed off in that handshake line lol

There's been all sorts of rumblings on Twitter. He apparently made a fool of himself to Weise. Great player. But loser mentality.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1229 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

There's been all sorts of rumblings on Twitter. He apparently made a fool of himself to Weise. Great player. But loser mentality.

Did you see his post game interview? He was furious

#1230 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

And another game 7

#1231 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

idk..  i might take Lucic's side here.  the whole thing started with Montreal getting sad at one of his goal scoring celebrations.  they would mock him after everyone of their goals... and then Weise goes out in his post game interview and says Lucic was disrespectful in the line and in his celebrations.  

Lucic said he likes to keep little stuff like that on the ice... and how his goal celebration was disrespectful?? get over it. it wasn't even that bad

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1232 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

fvckin of course LA forces a game 7.. Please for the love of god let Anaheim pull away with this one

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1233 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

Another game 7. Bleccchhhh

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#1234 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

Kris Draper shook Claude's hand and said nothing. Scott Niedermayer shook Tie Domi's hand and kept it civil. Lucic probably should have just shut the fvck up.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1235 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

Can't believe the Rags and Habs are the two remaining eastern teams.

Weak.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1236 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

Kris Draper shook Claude's hand and said nothing. Scott Niedermayer shook Tie Domi's hand and kept it civil. Lucic probably should have just shut the fvck up.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=P66fiwPUUj0

#1237 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

He wasn't wrong with those words. I'm not one to wax poetically over the handshake line, but I do find it amazing how guys let bygones be bygones. Lucic was friggen mocked by a few Habs, and he needs to threaten them in line over it. Weak.

Edit: I might be wrong on Draper shaking Claude's hands. Not even sure if he was with the team, but my point still stands with the entire team shaking Lemieux's hand even if it it "really pissed them off".

Edited by devilsrule33, 15 May 2014 - 12:26 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1238 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

Because of course i was right.... Habs vs rangers....

The only reason im not putting a shotgun in my mouth and pulling the trigger at the point is simply cause i dont have a shotgun... My god am i ever entering a dark time. Im seriously considering closing my fb at this point

www.SterioDesign.com

#1239 landofvanilla

landofvanilla

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

LAK is taking the series. Just the way these playoffs have gone for us... 2-1 game NYR, 2-1 game MTL, 2-1 game LAK. Tired of watching PIT, BOS, and ANH dominate in the 3rd period with nothing to show for it these last two nights.

But with the Kings... They are going to take it because they seem like they can win at will when they really want to. 

#1240 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

Well...let's go Habs I guess.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users