2364 replies to this topic

#1241 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Will be interesting to see if Iginla comes back for another year. Rangers are stronger than the Canadiens and I think they win it in 6.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#1242 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

fvck Lucic.  Don't you dare disrespect one of the honor-bound traditions of the game.  Suck it up, be a man, and shake the hand of the players you hate(or love).  Lucic is like school on Saturday.  You go through the line and you say "good game" and move on.  He told Weise, that "I'm going to fvcking kill you next year".  Disrespecting the handshake line should be punishable by fine. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1243 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

MTL will win that series of course.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1244 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

Definitely haven't seen that kind of anger in a handshake line since playing hockey as a kid. Some refusing to shake hands (Brodeur-Avery) and a ton of really limp handshakes but nothing like that.

The biggest disrespect to me was in all the diving from the Bruins last night. The NHL really needs to start helping the refs out with this. It becomes a safety issue when the refs ignore blatant penalties because they assume its a dive. 

Posted Image

#1245 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Minnesota will be solid the next few years.   I would HATE to see Marty win the Cup in Minny next year.

I doubt it. This year was just another year of what I think is a short window for them to be Cup contenders. If they can't at least reach the finals next year, I'll be doubting whether or not they ever will in the following decade.

#1246 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

Casey Kasem has been found!  but sid the kid is still missing!

#1247 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Will be interesting to see if Iginla comes back for another year.

He's still young enough & productive enough (61pts, +34 ! ) so he'll play, it will just be a question of where.

#1248 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Definitely haven't seen that kind of anger in a handshake line since playing hockey as a kid. Some refusing to shake hands (Brodeur-Avery) and a ton of really limp handshakes but nothing like that.

The biggest disrespect to me was in all the diving from the Bruins last night. The NHL really needs to start helping the refs out with this. It becomes a safety issue when the refs ignore blatant penalties because they assume its a dive. 

Idk, the emotions between those two were so high in that series.  I can't have it both ways, but I would have condemned Marty's actions at the time, albeit not as harsh.  Avery's attitude and the way he went about trying to be effective in that series was equally inexcusable.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1249 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Go Habs go!

Sorry Sterio, but if the Rangers win, then they'll have at least gotten to where we did two years ago. Like I said earlier, at least they won't have a 1st for 3 consecutive years (lost out on last year's because of Nash deal) and their prospect pool is pretty meh so I think their window is obviously pretty short because MSL will be gone next year. Hopefully soon after that Nash and Lundqvist will be declining.

#1250 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Go Habs go!

Sorry Sterio, but if the Rangers win, then they'll have at least gotten to where we did two years ago. Like I said earlier, at least they won't have a 1st for 3 consecutive years (lost out on last year's because of Nash deal) and their prospect pool is pretty meh so I think their window is obviously pretty short because MSL will be gone next year. Hopefully soon after that Nash and Lundqvist will be declining.

This....

Feel bad for you. You know we know what it's like BUT there is no choice. Habs must win! (then lose in the final :)

"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#1251 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

yea you pretty much have to root for the Habs here to beat NYR but then lose in the finals

edit: I guess unless you live in Montreal.

Still though, a division rival is a division rival

Edited by Onddeck, 15 May 2014 - 11:38 AM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1252 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

you guys may have to deal with "'94" over there.... i'd take that over the "How many cups does your team have? we have 24!" any fvcking day.

But most of them i still have the edge in an argument cause i saw 3 cups and 5 final appearance and all the playoffs appearance (most of them around my age saw 2 cups) and to me most of their cup was bullsh!t and won in an NHL running an unfair system with no draft or international players... was not the same NHL as today so you cant compare those cups with the recent ones. Anyways...I dont fvcking wan't to ever have to hear it with "25 cups" 

Edited by SterioDesign, 15 May 2014 - 02:18 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1253 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

SD,the Habs don't need to win Cup #25... But what they DO need to do is beat the Rangers. That's all we care about here brother lol.

Edited by MadDog2020, 15 May 2014 - 03:29 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1254 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

SD,the Habs don't need to win Cup #25... But what they DO need to do is beat the Rangers. That's all we care about here brother lol.

Yeah, the Rags bandwagon is already overflowing. I can't tell you how many people who have never once spoken about hockey suddenly have a "how about them Rangers!" every time I see them. For the next 7-14 days, it's "Go Habs Go" for me.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1255 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

..is it october yet
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1256 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

This guy is lucky Bruins fans didn't kick the crap out of him last night:

10329065_778196545526000_549916129240668

Reminds me of when Rangers fans ran rampant in Newark during the 2008 playoffs. The Rock had become a zoo. ... Also reminds me of how bad Canadiens fans can be when they visit the Rock. That being said, Go Habs Go!

Edited by 95Crash, 15 May 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#1257 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

..hate people like that
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1258 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

..is it october yet

I hear ya man.

When the Kings inevitably win another game 7 tomorrow I'll officially have no real interest in any remaining teams.

Bleh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1259 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Honestly these Rag fans are almost cup level giddy now. You'd think this was like before game 5 in 1994 when they were planning the parade route and booking up reception halls all across the tri state area. Lundqvist is suddenly the king again for winning a 2nd round series.

The Facebook posts are killing me. I don't need a damned play-by-play of the game. They might even be worse than football fans.

Posted Image

#1260 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

The Facebook posts are killing me. I don't need a damned play-by-play of the game. They might even be worse than football fans.

Here's an idea. Don't go on FB or don't have Rangers fans on your newsfeed during the playoff run. I get that people don't like hearing about a rival or a team that isn't there, but not everyone posts on a message board, so groups of fans share their emotions through FB. No different than what we do here in a chat or in a game thread.

95crash...if a Devils fan did that to a Messier statue (there has to be a Messier statue, right?) after 2012, we would fvcking call him a legend and probably build a statue of that fan desecrating the Messier statue.

As for people you never heard of talking about the Rangers all of a sudden, well that's how it goes for pretty much every team when they go on a nice run. People enjoy being part of something. It brings a city together and everyone is happy. It's an excuse to party. It's the reason you see 500 thousand to a million people at parades.

And lastly, for Habs fans boasting about Cup wins and all that jazz, aren't we all a bit guilty of that. I mean I see every Devils argument with a Rangers fan start and end with 3 Cups since you won your last. Well, many of the fan base was too young to remember 1995, some 2000, and others 2003. Doesn't mean they are going to prefix their comments with "even though I have only been a fan since 2006 and don't remember any of them...." It's been 11 years since the Devils win the Stanley Cup. Soon it's going to be silly talking about any Devils Stanley Cups in jabs against other fans.

I imagine not many will agree with me, but that's my thoughts.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users