2364 replies to this topic

#1321 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

This is why I rooted for Boston in that series.  Damn it.

#1322 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

this. is. awesome.

no, it's not actually

I actually had no idea you were a rangers fan though. I thought matteau32 and derek were the only one's, though they sparingly post

Edited by '7', 17 May 2014 - 02:24 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1323 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

no, it's not actually

I actually had no idea you were a rangers fan though. I thought matteau32 and derek were the only one's, though they sparingly post

He's not, he's just as anti-Habs as most of us are anti-Rangers though lol

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 May 2014 - 02:26 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1324 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

He's not, he's just as anti-Habs as most of us are anti-Rangers though lol

if that's the case then yes...he's a rangers fan. Since he's rooting for the Rangers against a team that the devils and their fans have no animosity towards.

The only time a Devils fan can root for the Rags is when a Rags win helps the Devils in some way. Since this Rags win doesn't help the Devils in any way...then yes rooting for them makes you a Rangers fan. No reason to prioritize Rags over Habs. Makes no sense. Even if he hates the Habs. Root for Habs first, then root for whoever is out west to beat Montreal

Edited by '7', 17 May 2014 - 02:30 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1325 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

It's destiny.  The Rags are winning the Cup.

I'm a Yankees fan......  Red Sox win the World Series.

I'm a 49ers fan......  Seahawks win the Super Bowl.

I'm a Devils fan...... I'm sure you get the picture.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1326 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

well let the Rags use up their series allotment of goals scored in one game then. Refs are just being ridiculous now.

Yes, hopefully today they shot their load for the series.

#1327 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

if that's the case then yes...he's a rangers fan. Since he's rooting for the Rangers against a team that the devils and their fans have no animosity towards.

The only time a Devils fan can root for the Rags is when a Rags win helps the Devils in some way. Since this Rags win doesn't help the Devils in any way...then yes rooting for them makes you a Rangers fan. No reason to prioritize Rags over Habs. Makes no sense. Even if he hates the Habs. Root for Habs first, then root for whoever is out west to beat Montreal

Calm down. He just hates the Habs more than the Pens

#1328 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

It's destiny. The Rags are winning the Cup.

I'm a Yankees fan...... Red Sox win the World Series.
I'm a 49ers fan...... Seahawks win the Super Bowl.

Hate to break it to you but you have no affect on any of that happening lol

#1329 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

It's destiny.  The Rags are winning the Cup.

I'm a Yankees fan......  Red Sox win the World Series.

I'm a 49ers fan......  Seahawks win the Super Bowl.

eh, Seahawks-9ers is a made up rivalry that didn't even exist a few years ago. They're not real long term rivals.

plus the Sox 04 and 07 wins did not result in a Rag cup

Edited by '7', 17 May 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#1330 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,054 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

And bingo was his name-o.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1331 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Lundqvists style is starting to look pretty familiar

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#1332 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hate to break it to you but you have no affect on any of that happening lol

Gee thanks for clarifying.

eh, Seahawks-9ers is a made up rivalry that didn't even exist a few years ago. They're not real long term rivals.

plus the Sox 04 and 07 wins did not result in a Rag cup

Hey guys I wasn't actually being serious you know.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1333 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Montreal and the Rags are very evenly matched teams.  So this could be anybody's series, but the fatigue of the Rags has to show up eventually, at least I hope so.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1334 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

oh yea looked like a real even match up the score was just 7-2.. quit while youre ahead barney.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1335 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Montreal and the Rags are very evenly matched teams.  So this could be anybody's series, but the fatigue of the Rags has to show up eventually, at least I hope so.

that's what I'm hoping for too

#1336 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

tell me you're kidding then i won't say a thing and ignore it. Tell me you're actually serious then i'll have one long ass reply for you

www.SterioDesign.com

#1337 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

tell me you're kidding then i won't say a thing and ignore it. Tell me you're actually serious then i'll have one long ass reply for you

100% serious. Explain why, as a Devils fan you root for the team that has given the Devils the most misery in their history, whose cruse obnoxious fans routinely start sh!t in our building, gleefully cheerlead and start innuendo about the Devils being broke and moving. 1992, 1994, 1997, 2008....and all the wars and battles in between.

Compare this to the 0 times Montreal has ended our season. So let them beat the Rangers. God bless them...let them win a Stanley cup. And since you're a Devils fans it won't bother you to see a non Devils rival win a Stanley Cup. Unless of course you're stupid. I wouldn't mind being in say...Vancouver to see the Canucks win a cup or Chicago to see the Hawks win one. They're not our rivals. No skin off my back

But you root for them against the benign Canadiens, who we have no rivalry with, and whose fans have done nothing to us. Yea Ole is annoying...so what. Rooting for the Habs against the Rags makes about as much sense as rooting for the Rags against the Panthers or Lightning.

Edited by '7', 17 May 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#1338 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,281 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

There are no rules. I have no rooting interest in this series. There isn't a current Ranger player or coach I dislike on this team. Again I'll prefix this by saying I don't think I am holier than anyone else here. You all have valid reasons to hate the Rangers. I just root for my own teams...that's it.

SD hates the Habs more than any other team, so he should root for the Rangers.

Edited by devilsrule33, 17 May 2014 - 03:33 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1339 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

There are no rules. I have rooting interest in this series. There isn't a current Ranger player or coach I dislike on this team. Again I'll prefix this by saying I don't think I am holier than anyone else here. You all have valid reasons to hate the Rangers. I just root for my own teams...that's it.

SD hates the Habs more than any other team, so he should root for the Rangers.

You don't hate Lundqvist? He's like the biggest pompous a$$hole. hitting ice girls, the smug male model stuff. How about St. Louis being a prick and crying his way to the Rags.

hey if he wants to root for the Rangers. Let him. He can root for him all the time (maybe he does)

Edited by '7', 17 May 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#1340 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

100% serious. Explain why, as a Devils fan you root for the team that has given the Devils the most misery in their history, whose cruse obnoxious fans routinely start sh!t in our building, gleefully cheerlead and start innuendo about the Devils being broke and moving. 1992, 1994, 1997, 2008....and all the wars and battles in between.

Compare this to the 0 times Montreal has ended our season. So let them beat the Rangers. God bless them...let them win a Stanley cup. And since you're a Devils fans it won't bother you to see a non Devils rival win a Stanley Cup. Unless of course you're stupid. I wouldn't mind being in say...Vancouver to see the Canucks win a cup or Chicago to see the Hawks win one. They're not our rivals. No skin off my back

But you root for them against the benign Canadiens, who we have no rivalry with, and whose fans have done nothing to us. Yea Ole is annoying...so what. Rooting for the Habs against the Rags makes about as much sense as rooting for the Rags against the Panthers or Lightning.

Dude, the Rangers Devils rivalry is somewhat artificial to me cause i never "lived" it through thrash talking or fans around me and sh!t like that. Understand that i dont live in the NY area. I still hate the Rangers of course.

But for ME the real rivalry was always against MTL cause thats the team that all my friends rooted for and who i was thrash talking with and those we're the games with "consequences" all my life. When NJ would win montreal i'd give them sh!t and when NJ was losing i was of course getting it good cause i was one against hundreds

I know maybe 3-4 Rangers fans and they are all extremely nice and never gave me sh!t. 

I'd root against the Rangers against ANYONE other than MTL and everyone here should know that. Saying that im a "rangers fan" is extremely pushing and stupid to be honest. The world doesnt revolve around you and your situation bud.

Edited by SterioDesign, 17 May 2014 - 03:37 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users