2364 replies to this topic

#1341 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

It's destiny. I'm a Devils fan...... I'm sure you get the picture.

I'm a Devils fan too..

NJD_zpsdd7970b2.png

..so uh, how have the last 20 years been for Rangers fans?

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1342 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

Go hawks go

#1343 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

You don't hate Lundqvist? He's like the biggest pompous a$$hole. hitting ice girls, the smug male model stuff. How about St. Louis being a prick and crying his way to the Rags.

Not sure the exact reasons why St Louis left Tampa and had to go to the Rangers, but, yes, I guess I did lose some respect for him. I think most people held him in very high regard before that. His family tragedy has made me forget the trade.

I am a fan of Lundqvist. Why should I care that he's good looking and gets opportunities to do things many good looking athletes have done in all sports. I think Lundqvist is very hard to hate. I understand why people in NJ want to hate him due to dozens of Rangers fans anointing him 'King Henrik' and saying he is better than Brodeur. It's frustrating, but once you separate that it really has nothing to do with Lundqvist himself..whatever. And because of those annoying fans and who he plays for, rooting for him to fail and blow in the playoffs...sure, but that has nothing to do with having to hate him.

He always handles himself well, and made it a non issue when Brodeur has commented about him over the years. If you are annoyed by Rangers fans and the media, you better shut it all out if the Rangers do win the Cup. Lundqvist will be marketed heavily and become the face of the NHL.

Edited by devilsrule33, 17 May 2014 - 03:57 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1344 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

A more simple question would have been, "why do you hate the Habs more than the Rangers?"

A more simple explanation would have been, "I live near Montreal and hate the Habs more."

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1345 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,786 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Not sure the exact reasons why St Louis left Tampa and had to go to the Rangers, but, yes, I guess I did lose some respect for him. I think most people held him in very high regard before that. His family tragedy has made me forget the trade.

I am a fan of Lundqvist. Why should I care that he's good looking and gets opportunities to do things many good looking athletes have done in all sports. I think Lundqvist is very hard to hate. I understand why people in NJ want to hate him due to dozens of Rangers fans anointing him 'King Henrik' and saying he is better than Brodeur. It's frustrating, but once you separate that it really has nothing to do with Lundqvist himself..whatever. And for those annoying fans, rooting for him to fail and blow in the playoffs...I get it, but that has nothing to do with him.

He always handles himself well, and made it a non issue when Brodeur has commented about him over the years. If you are annoyed by Rangers fans and the media, you better shut it all out if the Rangers do win the Cup. Lundqvist will marketed as the face of the NHL.

As a puckstopper I will admit Lundqvist is better than Brodeur (maybe better than Brodeur has ever been) I guess for me it goes back to Lundqvists whining and standoffishness. I mean I hate it when Brodeur whines...but lundqvists sad sack "Oh my god, the fact that they counted that goal...just scary" little tantrum after some controversial goal on him in Ottawa really bothered me. The massive pads bother me as well.

And no I don't like Brodeur sniping at Lundqvist either. It's unnecessary.

Edited by '7', 17 May 2014 - 03:54 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1346 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

A more simple question would have been, "why do you hate the Habs more than the Rangers?"

A more simple explanation would have been, "I live near Montreal and hate the Habs more."

Well i actually live 10 hours away from MTL, i dont even live in Quebec... i can't even imagine how terrible it would be to be right in the middle of it

www.SterioDesign.com

#1347 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

"No! You have to hate the team I hate because you like the team I like. Otherwise, you automatically like the team I hate."

holy crap, so this is what its like when your fanbase has nothing better to do since the team sucked it up this year?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#1348 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Actually some Devils fans don't hate the Rangers as much as other teams. There's no requirement to march in lockstep.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1349 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

"No! You have to hate the team I hate because you like the team I like. Otherwise, you automatically like the team I hate."

holy crap, so this is what its like when your fanbase has nothing better to do since the team sucked it up this year?

this is exactly what happens people turn into whiney little babies its ridiculous.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1350 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Actually some Devils fans don't hate the Rangers as much as other teams. There's no requirement to march in lockstep.

One thing I've noticed: the fans that don't hate the Rags as much as the rest of us like DR and SD, don't live in the area... Trust me guys- if you lived in the NJ/NY metro area, we wouldn't be having this discussion. You'd hate them just as much as everyone else here does.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1351 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

One thing I've noticed: the fans that don't hate the Rags as much as the rest of us like DR and SD, don't live in the area... Trust me guys- if you lived in the NJ/NY metro area, we wouldn't be having this discussion. You'd hate them just as much as everyone else here does.

of course cause thats what creates a rivalry. When fans goes at it too and are mixing with each other.

Im 100% certain i'd hate the rangers a lot more if id like in the NY/NJ area lol and im sure you'd hate the Habs a lot more if you live up here haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#1352 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

of course cause thats what creates a rivalry. When fans goes at it too and are mixing with each other.

Im 100% certain i'd hate the rangers a lot more if id like in the NY/NJ area lol and im sure you'd hate the Habs a lot more if you live up here haha

I don't doubt I'd dislike the Habs more if I lived there- I don't really like them all that much now lol. But the hatred for the Rangers that we Devils fans from NJ have is the type of intense hatred born from a number of different factors that out-of-town fans may not fully relate to... Having them 10 miles away, growing up going to school and having to work with Rags fans, Rags fans from NJ who choose to root for a NY team, the media, their fans in our building, etc... Its a special kind of hatred between the fan bases and the teams. Its the kind of hate that's unique because of the geography and all these other factors. So you have to understand SD- cheering for the Rags on this board, no matter how much you hate the Habs, isn't something that's gonna be received very well, but I'm sure you know that already anyway lol.

Edited by MadDog2020, 17 May 2014 - 07:38 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1353 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

Unless someone finds a way to get Lundqvist off his game, they're going to win the cup.

Is this a reverse jinx? They will get dismantled by either the Kings or Hawks. Not sure anyone in the East has/had a chance to bring it home this year. The Cali teams and Chicago are playing the game at a much higher level. I can't see the Finals going past 5 games.

#1354 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

I don't doubt I'd dislike the Habs more if I lived there- I don't really like them all that much now lol. But the hatred for the Rangers that we Devils fans from NJ have is the type of intense hatred born from a number of different factors that out-of-town fans may not fully relate to... Having them 10 miles away, growing up going to school and having to work with Rags fans, Rags fans from NJ who choose to root for a NY team, the media, their fans in our building, etc... Its a special kind of hatred between the fan bases and the teams. Its the kind of hate that's unique because of the geography and all these other factors. So you have to understand SD- cheering for the Rags on this board, no matter how much you hate the Habs, isn't something that's gonna be received very well, but I'm sure you know that already anyway lol.

Oh of course haha i totally get the hate, im not the one who jump on another poster accusing him of being a rangers fan haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#1355 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Habs in 5.

Posted Image

#1356 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:02 AM

Is this a reverse jinx? They will get dismantled by either the Kings or Hawks. Not sure anyone in the East has/had a chance to bring it home this year. The Cali teams and Chicago are playing the game at a much higher level. I can't see the Finals going past 5 games.

I hope you're right. Anything can happen though... Which is somewhat terrifying.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1357 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

I really don't get why anyone is upset that SD hates the Habs more than the Rangers. It's definitely all due to geography. He doesn't have to deal with all the Rangers fans and their bullsh!t like us in the NJ/NY area have to and that's really what makes us hate them so much. If he lived near us all he'd hate them just as much as we all do, but he doesn't so who cares?

#1358 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

All this queen henrik talk makes me sick.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#1359 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Carey Price and his mediocre goaltending won't shield him from the 20+ posts and dozens of open nets that the Bruins missed.   Rags in 5 

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1360 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

I really don't get why anyone is upset that SD hates the Habs more than the Rangers. It's definitely all due to geography. He doesn't have to deal with all the Rangers fans and their bullsh!t like us in the NJ/NY area have to and that's really what makes us hate them so much. If he lived near us all he'd hate them just as much as we all do, but he doesn't so who cares?

Apparently that '7 dude cares lol but he's been silent about it since everyone called him out on it. lol

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users