2364 replies to this topic

#1501 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,788 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

The Rangers are just better than Montreal, Price or no Price.  But people wanted to make Montreal out to be so much better than the Rangers, well this is the difference between the Habs when you get Price and Subban in god mode and the Habs when Price isn't there and Subban isn't in god mode.  They were always walking a tight rope with their success given their utter lack of offense (and no heart from Vanek).

People want to harp on the Habs' goaltending, let's not overlook the fact Montreal's scored three goals in two games.  Marty in his prime, Quick now, whatever goalie you want to name would be hard pressed to win those games.

With Price they're not. With Price the Rags finished 4 points behind the Rangers in the standings. If anything the teams were dead even with slight edge Montreal with Price. But now clear edge Rangers with who knows who in net for Montreal.

Give Montreal some credit for taking down Boston after being down 3-2. That's no easy feat. A lot of people are saying the Habs are crap like the 96 Islander or something. They're really not. They outplayed the Rangers yesterday.

Right now I think people are just in a tizzy because the Rags for the most part over the past 5 games have been at their absolute best AND LUCKIEST. That can change quickly. We've seen it. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1502 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

the only positive I can take from these playoffs is that the Rags didnt knock us out to get there, like in '94...that was the worst

#1503 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

Rags also lost their first round pick by getting to the eastern conference finals.

Small, but it'll make it sweeter if they lose in the SCF

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1504 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Rags also lost their first round pick by getting to the eastern conference finals.

just a quick recap: its the 2014 first rounder right?  and is it from the Nash trade?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1505 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

just a quick recap: its the 2014 first rounder right? and is it from the Nash trade?

They don't have a first rounder for the next two years by virtue of the St. Louis deal. They traded next years out right, and they lose this years by virtue of getting to the conference finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1506 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

just a quick recap: its the 2014 first rounder right? and is it from the Nash trade?

I believe they gave up their 2015 1st and this year's 2nd which became a 1st when they made it to the ECF. And that was in the St. Louis/Callahan deal.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1507 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,788 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

I believe they gave up their 2015 1st and this year's 2nd which became a 1st when they made it to the ECF. And that was in the St. Louis/Callahan deal.

If they don't win it this year (and I still contend they won't) they wont win it for a long long time. That's not to say they won't be a decent playoff caliber team next year...they will. But not cup worthy. And after that the long descent will begins as Lundqvist ages.

Best case scenario is that we will look back on the 2012-2014 team the same way we would've looked back on the 1992-1994 team had they never won a cup. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1508 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Great...the Rags have gotten every break possible (matchup wise) so far this playoffs...they play a Flyers team that they always beat, a Pens team as physical as a ballet class full of 8 year olds and with the mental toughness to match, and now this.  They should be well rested and fully healthy by the time they meet whoever comes out of the West. 

It doesn't matter, you get in the dance you have a chance.  

Reminds me of the Devils only a few years ago.   The planet aligned and miracles happened (Sal leading Defensemen in scoring?) to get them to the finals.

I am actually cheering for the Rags this series, but I think either LA or CHI would destroy them in the finals

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1509 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hopefully they'll choke in the finals, and next year they'll have some injuries (or bad luck) and start the downward spiral for another 20 years!

(I mean they hardly had injuries this year, and their older players are still playing well...something has got to go against them sooner or later)

#1510 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Hopefully they'll choke in the finals, and next year they'll have some injuries (or bad luck) and start the downward spiral for another 20 years!
(I mean they hardly had injuries this year, and their older players are still playing well...something has got to go against them sooner or later)

They never seem to have any key injuries. Its ridiculous.

#1511 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

I am actually cheering for the Rags this series, but I think either LA or CHI would destroy them in the finals

Seriously?

#1512 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

They never seem to have any key injuries. Its ridiculous.

They seriously need to give their training and medical staff full shares if they win.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 20 May 2014 - 02:03 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1513 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Seriously?

Yeah gimme a break with that sh!t, there is absolutely, positively NO reason you should be cheering for those jerk-offs Manta. Don't call yourself a Devils fan and then spew that garbage. That's bullsh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020, 20 May 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#1514 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

F the Rags...I couldn't care less if they fell off the face of the earth.

Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#1515 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

I am actually cheering for the Rags this series

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!  ARE YOU fvckING KIDDING ME?!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1516 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! ARE YOU fvckING KIDDING ME?!

Seriously. Rooting for them is ban-worthy.

#1517 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

Can't fathom how a Devils fan in/from Jersey can root for the Rags in any series.  Ever.

I can excuse SD, living in Habs territory and all.  I just wish he wouldn't come on here and talk about it - though he's been much better as of late, I'll give credit when credit is due.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1518 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Rangers don't have the kind of elite talent that can match the Hawks nor the depth either the Hawks or Kings have.

St Louis and Nash has shown some signs of life but Richards has been invisible and most of the other forwards have been very up and down in certain aspects.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#1519 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

Rangers don't have the kind of elite talent that can match the Hawks nor the depth either the Hawks or Kings have.

St Louis and Nash has shown some signs of life but Richards has been invisible and most of the other forwards have been very up and down in certain aspects.

I dont know, we've been saying stuff like this for a month now and they're still winning games

every team has its strengths and weaknesses ...the rags are getting contributions from different players every game, and the queen has stopped everything thrown at him

#1520 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Can't fathom how a Devils fan in/from Jersey can root for the Rags in any series.  Ever.

I can excuse SD, living in Habs territory and all.  I just wish he wouldn't come on here and talk about it - though he's been much better as of late, I'll give credit when credit is due.

wut?

www.SterioDesign.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)