2364 replies to this topic

#1521 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Can't you people get over the fact that the Rags are a better team than our Devils? Suck it up and shut up!
Otherwise just watch hockey for the last few weeks you'll get till October.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#1522 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

Can't you people get over the fact that the Rags are a better team than our Devils? Suck it up and shut up!

This is a Devils board. We're not gonna suck it up and shut up. What the fvck do you want, people to fawn all over the fvcking Rangers? Of course people are gonna be pissed. I hate these types of holier than thou posts- if you don't like it, don't read the board. Or better yet, go read a Rangers board.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1523 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

it does sting that for another season were sitting here watching playoff hockey and our team is not involved again.. its extremely disappointing..and its like salt in a wound when your rival team that is so hated seems to be really having success( which wouldnt even be happening right now if kreider didnt take out price..i think anyway) but all in all they were a better team obviously which is why theyre where they are and again we are on the outside looking in.. is what it is at this point, just have to hope that they dont make it any further and even more so have to hope that we get a couple new additions to our line up to give us something to be excited about in october.

Edited by 2ELIAS6, 20 May 2014 - 08:54 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1524 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

Did anyone else catch the Canadiens' pregame on-ice production yesterday? I thought it was pretty cool.

#1525 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

Seriously. Rooting for them is ban-worthy.

Like I said previously some folks hate other teams more than the Rangers. No Avery, Gomez, Rupp, Callahan etc. The only one I really dislike on their team is Carcillo. I'm not bothered by this incarnation of mercenaries. And I do mean mercenaries. What else would we call Nash, St. Louis and Richards. They're only as loyal to the team to the extent that they wear jerseys with the team's name on it.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1526 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,786 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

i get the whole Price is injured thing as an excuses... but Rangers scored 4 goals on price before he got injured. And game 2 they scored 1 goal... Price was not gonna score goals for them either.

Fun part is that right now everything that helped MTL in the first 2 round is blowing in their face right now.

Against Tampa they played against a team without their #1.

Against Boston, the bruins must have hit like 20 posts in the whole series it was ridiculous. Also they we're absolutely dominated except game 7, still found ways to win. 3 KEY goals from MTL we're 2 dives from Weiss and Subban scored on those PP both times. Then another was Subban himself diving and scored on that PP too. then that weird bounce that sent the puck right in front.

Everything was going their way. As its usually happening to the Rangers too. But yeah, now MTL is without their #1 goalie and they got scored on a very bad penalty last game. Next should be the weird bounce?

Edited by SterioDesign, 21 May 2014 - 08:51 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1527 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

Like I said previously some folks hate other teams more than the Rangers. No Avery, Gomez, Rupp, Callahan etc. The only one I really dislike on their team is Carcillo. I'm not bothered by this incarnation of mercenaries. And I do mean mercenaries. What else would we call Nash, St. Louis and Richards. They're only as loyal to the team to the extent that they wear jerseys with the team's name on it.

Go read CR's post in the Confronting the Nightmare thread if you haven't already. Just read it. Everyone should, especially the out-of-town fans.

Edited by MadDog2020, 21 May 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#1528 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

I agree with this.    I am a Devil fan, but a bigger fan of the game.   You give respect where its due.  

Rangers are a better team than the Devils....right now.    This is a playoff thread, not sure how the Devils enter into the conversation.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1529 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Go read CR's post in the Confronting the Nightmare thread if you haven't already. Just read it. Everyone should, especially the out-of-town fans.

I get the gist of what you guys are saying, however I don't live anywhere close to the New York area. For all I know if my family decided to stay in the tri-state area I could have very well been a Rangers, Isles or Flyers fan. Bottom line is that I don't like teams that pull sh!t antics. I haven't seen the Rangers do that yet. They don't have the Averys and Callahans anymore to do that. I do know that the Kings have the Dustin Browns on their team. I do know that Rob Scuderi totally embellished that boarding call from Steve Bernier in game 6. I do know that the Kings have the largest bandwagon fan base. All that is most recent in my memory. I didn't even watch hockey in 1994 so I don't feel that sting.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1530 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

Maybe there should be separate thread for venting about annoying Rangers fans. It seems that the last six pages of post have been dominated by that issue.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#1531 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

I agree with this. I am a Devil fan, but a bigger fan of the game. You give respect where its due.

Rangers are a better team than the Devils....right now. This is a playoff thread, not sure how the Devils enter into the conversation.

Its a Devils board. The Devils can be related to everything on it. If you wanna be a 'bigger fan of the game', fine- but don't come on here talking about cheering for the fvcking Rangers.

Maybe there should be separate thread for venting about annoying Rangers fans. It seems that the last six pages of post have been dominated by that issue.

Considering there were no games to discuss last night, who cares?

Edited by MadDog2020, 21 May 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#1532 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

I get the gist of what you guys are saying, however I don't live anywhere close to the New York area. For all I know if my family decided to stay in the tri-state area I could have very well been a Rangers, Isles or Flyers fan. Bottom line is that I don't like teams that pull sh!t antics. I haven't seen the Rangers do that yet. They don't have the Averys and Callahans anymore to do that. I do know that the Kings have the Dustin Browns on their team. I do know that Rob Scuderi totally embellished that boarding call from Steve Bernier in game 6. I do know that the Kings have the largest bandwagon fan base. All that is most recent in my memory. I didn't even watch hockey in 1994 so I don't feel that sting.

So what you're saying is you hate the Kings more than the Rangers because they pull 'antics'? (So Krieder injuring goalies all over the league and acting like nothing happened aren't antics?) Ok. Hey, its a free country I guess...

Edited by MadDog2020, 21 May 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#1533 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Well i actually live 10 hours away from MTL, i dont even live in Quebec... i can't even imagine how terrible it would be to be right in the middle of it

I live in Quebec, and after the Boston series it was horrible. Habs fans were talking about the cup already on the radio, TV etc. Even on RDS they were talking about how they'd get to the SCF no sweat beating the Rags in 6 games or less. MTL fans get so cocky and arrogant when they win , it's incredible. But of course, now that they're losing 2-0, they've calmed down ;)

Edited by Devs3cups, 21 May 2014 - 09:52 AM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#1534 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,023 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

I agree with this. I am a Devil fan, but a bigger fan of the game. You give respect where its due.

Rangers are a better team than the Devils....right now. This is a playoff thread, not sure how the Devils enter into the conversation.

you can give credit where credit is due and I have no problem saying the Rangers are better then us right now but actually rooting for the Rangers when you're a Devils fan makes 0 sense.

#1535 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

The fact that hating the Rangers has to be defended and explained on a fvcking DEVILS board is sad. fvcking. Sad.

#1536 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

The fact that hating the Rangers has to be defended and explained on a fvcking DEVILS board is sad. fvcking. Sad.

You're taking this way too far, Mate. My love of the Devils is not measured by how much I hate the Rangers.

I'd definitely like to see the Habs pull it out. If the Rangers get to the SCF then I'd like to see Chicago face and beat them. However, if LA makes it then it's pretty much a wash for me.

I hate the Lakers, Heat, Bulls during most of the Jordan era, Cowboys, Broncos, Yankees, but I've lived through most of their championships and it doesn't bother me all that much. And trust me, I get it: Living in the area of your rival does suck. We have a ton of Broncos, Cowboys, Lakers and Yankees fans out here. It sucks, but you live with it. I've had to deal with the 2001 SCF when it seemed like I was the only person in town rooting for the Devils. But my dislike of those teams never defined my love of the Devils, Pacers, Rockets or Phillies.

Edited by CarpathianForest, 21 May 2014 - 10:53 AM.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1537 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Looks like Montreal is going back to Tokarski.

#1538 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

Amen brother.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1539 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

Dude, the Rangers Devils rivalry is somewhat artificial to me cause i never "lived" it through thrash talking or fans around me and sh!t like that. Understand that i dont live in the NY area. I still hate the Rangers of course.

But for ME the real rivalry was always against MTL cause thats the team that all my friends rooted for and who i was thrash talking with and those we're the games with "consequences" all my life. When NJ would win montreal i'd give them sh!t and when NJ was losing i was of course getting it good cause i was one against hundreds

I know maybe 3-4 Rangers fans and they are all extremely nice and never gave me sh!t.

I'd root against the Rangers against ANYONE other than MTL and everyone here should know that. Saying that im a "rangers fan" is extremely pushing and stupid to be honest. The world doesnt revolve around you and your situation bud.

As a devils fan, regardless of where you're from, you need to know better than to refer to this region as the "NY area".

I don't want to see any Canadian team win the cup, but taking new York over Montreal is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#1540 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Eh SD rooting against the Habs in this series is a nonissue imo - Habs fans are to him as Rangers fans are to us.

Just.. Don't come here and say "Go Rangers!". Which he hasn't done, so I couldn't care less tbh

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users