2364 replies to this topic

#1701 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Well that game was EXACTLY what you'd expect from those 2 teams, doing what they do all year. Good goaltending, sh!tty plays, horrible lucky opportunist goals. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#1702 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Listening to Boomer and Carton- not like this is news or anything, but talk about catering to the lowest common denominator of sports fandom... Its truly awful.

I didn't realize their show was live today. For some reason, CBS Sports Network is showing Best of Boomer & Carton, instead of their live simulcast.

Oh great our fat fvck governor is on now cheerleading the Rangers. fvck you Christie.

Oh, no, here we go again. What did he say this time, and where did you hear him say it?

EDIT:

I finally turned on the radio to catch the tail end of Boomer & Carton's show. Something tells me I'm glad I missed it. ... Did they just hold what basically amounted to a live rally for the New York Rangers at D'Jais Bar & Grill at the Jersey Shore -- complete with N.J.'s governor and all? ... That's just swell.

Edited by 95Crash, 23 May 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#1703 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

I didn't realize their show was live today. For some reason, CBS Sports Network is showing Best of Boomer & Carton, instead of their live simulcast.

Oh, no, here we go again. What did he say this time, and where did you hear him say it?

EDIT:

I finally turned on the radio to catch the tail end of Boomer & Carton's show. Something tells me I'm glad I missed it. ... Did they just hold what basically amounted to a live rally for the New York Rangers at D'Jais Bar & Grill at the Jersey Shore -- complete with N.J.'s governor and all? ... That's just swell.

I've been there and that place is just another on a long list of jersey shore sh!tholes. They can have it.

#1704 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

EDIT:

And for people like Carp who live in fvcking New Mexico yet feel the need to chime in about the dynamics of this rivalry and the lack of repercussions of the Rags winning on the Devils, I give you THAT garbage.

Edited by MadDog2020, 23 May 2014 - 09:39 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1705 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

And for people like Carp who live in fvcking New Mexico yet feel the need to chime in about the dynamics of this rivalry and the lack of repercussions of the Rags winning on the Devils, I give you THAT garbage.

Most of those idiots at D'Jais as well as the other bandwagoners in NJ are screaming "but dey are da local team!"  Ummmmm no the local team is the Devils.  You know the team with NEW JERSEY in their name.

I really hope Montreal somehow pulls a rabbit out of their ass and wins this series.  I will never let this down with them.

#1706 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

hahaha

http://www.33rdand7t...ml#.U39fvNJdU1I

1000x1000_mens_1994__34433.1397739024.10

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1707 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Most of those idiots at D'Jais as well as the other bandwagoners in NJ are screaming "but dey are da local team!" Ummmmm no the local team is the Devils. You know the team with NEW JERSEY in their name.

I really hope Montreal somehow pulls a rabbit out of their ass and wins this series. I will never let this down with them.

It would've been great if the idiots that were there booed loudly anytime the Rags were mentioned... But then again, the tools that would go something like that, being held by two NY d-bags in Boomer and Carton, are always gonna be the bandwagon/'hey we love any Noo Yawk team because they're Noo Yawk' type.

Edited by MadDog2020, 23 May 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#1708 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

I still can't believe he did that.  What could Ranger fans possibly cry about?  It was so obvious that the guy did it. 

They are going crazy about that call, the non-call on Prust, and the supposed "slew-foot" during the stoppage.  A slew-foot involves tripping from behind, and pushing the upper body backwards.  There was no push, it was just a trip, and whoever it was on took an obvious dive anyway which is why it wasn't called.

Rule 40 - Physical Abuse of Officials

40.1 Game Misconduct - Any player who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official, in any manner attempts to injure an official, physically demeans, or deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall receive a game misconduct penalty. In addition, the following (40.2, 40.3, 40.4) disciplinary penalties shall apply...

40.3 Automatic Suspension – Category II - Any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent to injure, or who spits on an official,shall be automatically suspended for not less than ten (10) games.

40.4 Automatic Suspension – Category III - Any player who, by his actions, physically demeans an official or physically threatens an official by (but not limited to) throwing a stick or any other piece of equipment or object at or in the general direction of an official, shooting the puck at or in the general direction of an official, spitting at or in the general direction of an official, or who deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall be suspended for not less than three (3) games.

Without ignoring the rules, I don't see how anyone can argue Carcillo's game misconduct.  It is a perfect example of this rule, and he should be suspended at least 3 or 10 games.

As for the Prust hit on Stepan:

Rule 56 - Interference

Possession of the Puck: The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

It may seem late, but Stepan was still the player in possession of the puck.  It wasn't a headshot, a charge, or an elbow either.

Edited by devilsfan26, 23 May 2014 - 09:52 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1709 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

didn't see the game last night, unfortunately... can anyone find a video of the Carcillo incident and the fight with Prust? :D.. cant find them

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1710 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

hahaha

http://www.33rdand7t...ml#.U39fvNJdU1I

1000x1000_mens_1994__34433.1397739024.10

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! That is PATHETIC.

#1711 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

this is just unreal.  i can't believe this exists... they are outside their minds. 

I don't know any team that celebrates an anniversary since their last cup... you can't celebrate that, thats embarassing.

thats not an anniversary, thats called a drought

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1712 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

this is just unreal. i can't believe this exists... they are outside their minds.

I don't know any team that celebrates an anniversary since their last cup... you can't celebrate that, thats embarassing.

thats not an anniversary, thats called a drought

Its like a Devils fan designed it just to poke fun at them- I couldn't have done a better job lmfao. You know what that sweatshirt is? 01-gold-bar.jpg

Edited by MadDog2020, 23 May 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#1713 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

Yeah but the Rangers rarely bring up 1994 right?

#1714 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

didn't see the game last night, unfortunately... can anyone find a video of the Carcillo incident and the fight with Prust? :D.. cant find them

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1715 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Phone hearing for Prust. Looks like he'll be suspended.

#1716 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Stepan has a broken jaw- having surgery today.

#1717 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Prust is definitely a goner with Stepan being out now.

Although I'd take that trade if I was a Habs fan.  Losing Prust doesn't seem as bad when the Rangers are losing one of the their best centers.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1718 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Prust is definitely a goner with Stepan being out now.

Although I'd take that trade if I was a Habs fan. Losing Prust doesn't seem as bad when the Rangers are losing one of the their best centers.

Question is will Stepan be out? Guys have played with broken jaws before I'm fairly sure...

#1719 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Question is will Stepan be out? Guys have played with broken jaws before I'm fairly sure...

Hm good point.  If he was good enough to come back and play the rest of the game, I'll bet he plays game 4 with a full cage. 

I'm hoping they keep him out.  We'll see.  Losing him would be a huge blow to the Rangers.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 23 May 2014 - 12:00 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1720 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hm good point. If he was good enough to come back and play the rest of the game, I'll bet he plays game 4 with a full cage.

I'm hoping they keep him out. We'll see. Losing him would be a huge blow to the Rangers.

Highly doubt he'll sit. As long as he isn't having headaches or concussion-like symptoms, he'll play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users