#1721 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

LOL

"Championship anniversary" hoodies for $35.

Are you SERIOUS, Rangerbros?

#1722 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

thats pretty sad..wow
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1723 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Man you're nuts if you don't think the Rags winning has any effect on the Devils organization. We're competing for the same market share. Our brands are in constant competition for the next generation of fans. The Rags winning a cup is a huge boon to them and a major blow to our bottom line

You know what the Rags and their fans are in the business of? Putting the Devils out of business. They would love nothing more than for the "Debbies" to close up shop and move to Trashville or Quebec as they've cheerleaded this for 2 decades. They also used to go to Isles games when that franchises future was in jeopardy and chant "KANSAS CITY"

They want us gone...but nah why should we hate them?

Paranoid delusion.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1724 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

“Oh yeah, for sure,” he said. “We’re in the same market, so if they have success some of our fans might change. That’s a fact of the matter and you want those fans on your side.”

-Ryan Carter

http://www.nj.com/de...ls_players.html

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1725 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

Yes, just read these boards, everyone on this site would immediately switch and become Rangers fans.    :doh1:

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1726 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

Yes, just read these boards, everyone on this site would immediately switch and become Rangers fans. :doh1:

He isn't talking about the die-hards... He's talking about the casuals and kids that might just be getting into the sport. I mean it doesn't really take a brain surgeon to figure this out...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1727 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

Casuals don't invest their time and money.   

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1728 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

I thought Stephan was a hockey player? Man the hell up and play

#1729 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

What an awful awful game, and awful series. Funny part is the Rangers played pretty much their best game of the 3 last night. Flashback to Wednesday morning, my neighbor had the NY Post on his doorstep (I live in an apartment building) and their backpage article was a big pic of PK Subban, talking about his comment about Henrik being lucky so far.

Literally, the next game, Henrik has one of his unluckiest games. I wonder if an actual WELL-PLAYED GAME by Montreal and a win on Sunday can totally change the tide of the series?

#1730 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Carcillo suspended ten games

#1731 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

Carcillo suspended ten games

Just a really dumb move on his part.  Still not sure what he was thinking on that one...unless he was having a "WWDCD?" moment. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 23 May 2014 - 02:47 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1732 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

Casuals don't invest their time and money.

You're either seriously not understanding this concept, or you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1733 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

You're either seriously not understanding this concept, or you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Its probably a little of both. After all, we're just a bunch of insecure paranoid nuts because we hate the Rangers. Thank God we have Point and Manta here to protect everyone from the insanity.

Edited by MadDog2020, 23 May 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#1734 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

it makes perfect sense.. no one on this board is going to jump ship if the team sucks and start rooting for another team.. its ok to like other teams but if youre on this board that means a few things.. youre interest in the team is at a certain point where youve googled devills forum boards and now youre spending time here reading up and discussing things all realated to devils hockey.. however for the fans that go to a game here and a game there that are not your "super fans" i see absolutely no reason why they wouldnt be led to go cheer for another team that is in the same geographical location ..people like being fans of winning teams no one wants to watch a sh!tty performance .. it obviously helps a lot when the team is exciting to watch and has a good on ice product.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1735 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

Eddie Olcyzk is the worst. This interview is brutal. Just put your Rags jersey on dickbag.

#1736 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

I just don't think you understand the concept.  

Thank God we have Point and Manta here to protect everyone from the insanity.

More so than you realize.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1737 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Prust suspended two games. More garbage from the NHL. He should've been given a bonus and a pat on the back.

Edited by MadDog2020, 23 May 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#1738 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Prust suspended two games. More garbage from the NHL. He should've been given a bonus and a pat on the back.

Two games for what should've been an interference major and game. Yet the explanation makes it sound worse. He had enough time to avoid Stepan. I'm disappointed. The NHL preaches player safety. But in an instance where the 3 blind mice and 2 linesmen missed it, they give Prust a slap on the wrist. If Stepan had not shown balls coming back, he'd probably have gotten the rest of the series.

Like many NYR fans, I liked Prust. He was a good player who gave an honest effort. I don't ever remember him being dirty. That was a deliberate cheap shot. I was told Stepan had a plate put in his jaw. I think maybe he'll play Sunday with a caged helmet. But who knows.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1739 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

They are going crazy about that call, the non-call on Prust, and the supposed "slew-foot" during the stoppage.  A slew-foot involves tripping from behind, and pushing the upper body backwards.  There was no push, it was just a trip, and whoever it was on took an obvious dive anyway which is why it wasn't called.

Without ignoring the rules, I don't see how anyone can argue Carcillo's game misconduct.  It is a perfect example of this rule, and he should be suspended at least 3 or 10 games.

As for the Prust hit on Stepan:

It may seem late, but Stepan was still the player in possession of the puck.  It wasn't a headshot, a charge, or an elbow either.

I didn't see the slewfoot. Last round, Crosby got away with one on Girardi. The reason people are upset about Carcillo has to do with Scott Driscoll. He grabbed him. That doesn't excuse Carcillo for his reaction. It was selfish.

Dude, the hit was late. It was almost a full second. The puck was gone and in the video explanation on Prust's suspension, they further said that Stepan took two steps away from Vanek. Then froze it showing Prust with enough time to avoid it. It wasn't a headshot. Correct. But it came from the blindside. That is Rule 54.4 and can be interpreted as a major penalty with an automatic game under 54.5. Under the rules, they can eject the player for causing an injury.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1740 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Does anyone here still care about the Kings and Hawks? I was out to honor and pay respect to our friend's 4-year anniversary. He was only 20. We did a candle vigil where he used to work. Very sad. It really makes me think about what's important. Anyway, we were at Applebee's afterwards and they had the game on. There were a bunch of guys cheering for LA. I came in in time to see the Kings erupt. What do you guys think about that series?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users