46 replies to this topic

#21 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Brodeur anywhere in a management role is a catastrophe.

Garbage statement.

#22 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

Well Lou is part of the elephant (problem) in the room now and not just due to his age which has to come into consideration soon.  He bears as much responsibility for the mess the last few years as the prior ownership does and the circumstances that could not be controlled taking the other third of the pie.

Lou would not hint at it.  But there's been rumblings he would not stay much beyond when Brodeur left.  It's been speculated he might keep just a President level position for a couple years overseeing the hockey operations/management but get out of the GM/on ice/scouting area and work to ensure the next GM gets everything into place/smooth transition.  Keep an eye on McPhee if he gets canned down in DC as he operates a bit like Lou and has connections to the area and the Devils in his past.  My other guy I thought might be worth a look is the Director of Scouting/Asst out in SJ whose name I can't be remember.

For once you are right

#23 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Garbage statement.

As they all are, and based in nothing put pure psychotic, brain damaged hatred.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#24 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

But what would make brodeur a great choice for a management role? I haven't seen any sort of indications that he would make either a great or terrible manager.

#25 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

But what would make brodeur a great choice for a management role? I haven't seen any sort of indications that he would make either a great or terrible manager.

For one he has a big mouth and can't keep his thoughts to himself.

#26 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'd rather have Chico as GM than Pierre...

#27 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Chico as GM would also be hilarious.

If that ever happens, I am just showing up at the arena in full equipment and saying that he signed me. He probably won't be able to remember if he did or not. 

#28 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'm not worried about McGuire potentially taking over for Lou once he retires.  Pierre wouldn't be able to get Crosby's member out of his hand long enough to sign the contract making him GM here.

Posted Image

#29 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Nah, it's not like that. Believe me, I've had my run-ins with 7 but it's easier to let things slide with him.

See, the thing about 7 is...he doesn't really exist, or at least he only does in our minds. He's the dark side of our collective conscience, the amalgamated abomination of our rage and frustrations. When he speaks, it's as if we are speaking and saying all the unfiltered things we all wish we could say...but can't....because we're here; responsible for our actions. So when 7 says it, you've said it, I've said it, but we don't have to take responsibility for it. It's this board's greatest gift and most vicious curse.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#30 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

Says the guy who has been bashing Cory all season.

believe-devs.jpg

#31 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Garbage statement.

unvarnished truth. Brodeur wants to run a hockey club, go study the NHL, AHL, all minor junior leagues, international leagues, go be a scout for 2 years. spend 6-7 years in the nitty gritty of hockey management as a hard working assistant... and then come back to me. Because Marty McSofty doesn't get to manage right off the bat with no experience just because of his name. Worked out so well for Gretzky and Trottier eh. Nieuwendyk and Hull.

Edited by '7', 16 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#32 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

unvarnished truth. Brodeur wants to run a hockey club, go study the NHL, AHL, all minor junior leagues, international leagues, go be a scout for 2 years. spend 6-7 years in the nitty gritty of hockey management as a hard working assistant... and then come back to me. Because Marty McSofty doesn't get to manage right off the bat with no experience just because of his name. Worked out so well for Gretzky and Trottier eh.

There is no way he is just given the reigns you should know better the Devils do not operate that way. In my opinion, he would make great GM he has a tremendous amount of hockey acumen.

#33 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

There is no way he is just given the reigns you should know better the Devils do not operate that way. In my opinion, he would make great GM he has a tremendous amount of hockey acumen.

I don't think he has the temperament for it at all. I see him as being mostly laid back...but also snippy and passive aggressive at times (as he's shown this year)

Brodeur is best providing commentary as a future Chico or a studio analyst.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#34 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

I'm not worried about McGuire potentially taking over for Lou once he retires. Pierre wouldn't be able to get Crosby's member out of his hand long enough to sign the contract making him GM here.

Where does this come from? Don't think this has any basis or truth.

Likely next GM is outside the organization.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#35 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

I would think that Lou has given "a lesser role" thought to running the Devils besides all out retirement. Some here feel the game has passed him by, others don't. Not that he wants to let go of the "reins" all together. I was wondering if he thought about giving the GM post to someone else, and staying on as president? 

new ownership relinquished Lou from presidency 

edit: well i thought they did, wasnt there talk of Lou losing presidency or was that of business ops and he is still pres of hockey ops?

Edited by lazer, 16 April 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,584 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Already we know he's ignorant of what makes goalies good, so that's one strike against him.  What ^7^ said is correct, if he wants to be in a management type position, he should have to study a lot first.  These teams that are just naming former greats are playing with fire.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#37 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Already we know he's ignorant of what makes goalies good, so that's one strike against him.  What ^7^ said is correct, if he wants to be in a management type position, he should have to study a lot first.  These teams that are just naming former greats are playing with fire.

I gotta agree here. Players like Brodeur can't even explain why they themselves were good.

#38 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Where does this come from? Don't think this has any basis or truth.

Likely next GM is outside the organization.

You got me there buddy.  I just have heard unconfirmed rumors that McGuire gives Crosby vicious handy's before each game.  :doh1:

Posted Image

#39 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

You got me there buddy.  I just have heard unconfirmed rumors that McGuire gives Crosby vicious handy's before each game.  :doh1:

lol.

#40 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

You got me there buddy. I just have heard unconfirmed rumors that McGuire gives Crosby vicious handy's before each game. :doh1:

O.o

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin, 18 April 2014 - 05:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users