141 replies to this topic

#81 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

Not a chance, that was Greene dude. Larsson would have gotten burnt on that play

That was definitely Larsson.

Or at least, Steve called it as Larsson.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#82 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

I really hope brodeur retires and doesnt play for another team, but thats his choice.

Kinda excited for kinkaid to be the backup, maybe moreso bc im also a long islander like him.

#83 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

it was larsson. He had just made a mistake and made up for it with that diving poke check.

#84 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Not a chance, that was Greene dude. Larsson would have gotten burnt on that play

If you're talking about the one coming down on Marty's right and the defenseman laid out barely poking it away, it was Larsson.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#85 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

I hate saying it but I'm glad this season is over. Hated this team and year

#86 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

A true fan here, folks.

#87 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

one day that will be a trivia question

Q: What was the result of the last shot Marty faced as a Devil and who took it?

Guess: Goal by Brad Marchand

A: Incorrect. That was the last shot on goal in Marty's second to last season as a Devil.  :koolaid:

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#88 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Good send off for the man.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#89 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

How's this for awkward phrasing: Was watching NHL network - the anchor was describing a goal by the Pens on the Flyers from yesterday's game: "He found a little daylight between Ray Emery's legs." 

#90 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

If this was a bad season, consider the Devils the luckiest fan base in the league.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#91 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I teared up a little at the end there.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#92 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

If you're talking about the one coming down on Marty's right and the defenseman laid out barely poking it away, it was Larsson.

Oh, okay, I thought that Zidlicky was out there with Greene towards the end of the game.  So I saw the number and thought it was Greene, crowd got pumped off it too, just figured it was Greene.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#93 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

I'll tear up when we raise the banner!:( Good win though. Flyers swallow chant is still here, heard it three times

#94 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

If this was a bad season, consider the Devils the luckiest fan base in the league.

He isn't saying that it was a 'bad season' he is saying that he 'hated' this season. I can understand that feeling, as I enjoyed a good portion of the 2010-11 season a lot more than this season. I'm not too down on this season though, but I was protected because I didn't expect much out of the team once February rolled around. Not that I thought they couldn't make it but that I wasn't going to get my hopes up unless the team gave me reason to believe otherwise.

#95 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

I loved this team.  They worked their tails off for most of the year.  They were tough to play against, and completely once again proved the doubters wrong.  How many people had this team as a bottom 5 team?  The Devils shootout record this year was such a fluke.  There was absolutely no explanation as to how a team could go 4-45 in the shootout with an 0-13 record.  That shootout record makes the team look worse than it was.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#96 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

:doh1:  :dizzy:

#97 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

This.  So much this.  Even in 2011 and 2013, we were a .500 PTS% team.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#98 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

I loved this team. They worked their tails off for most of the year. They were tough to play against, and completely once again proved the doubters wrong. How many people had this team as a bottom 5 team? The Devils shootout record this year was such a fluke. There was absolutely no explanation as to how a team could go 4-45 in the shootout with an 0-13 record. That shootout record makes the team look worse than it was.

I don't know how you could possibly have "loved" this season. I love the Devils. I love almost everyone who skates for them. This season sucked; it would have been easier if we just weren't very good. The reason I hated this season is what you said- we weren't awful, we were just weren't good enough.

But the bottom line is, this team could have made the playoffs if they didn't choke against the panthers, islanders (twice), Sabres, and flames in the last few weeks of the season. We didn't win games we needed to, we didn't score in the shootout, we had an anemic offense who would drop 7 on the Blues and then throw up goose eggs against the flames, an annoying Brodeur/Schneider storyline, an absence of Larsson, an abundance of awful by Salvador, a disappearing act by Ryder, and sh!t, sh!t luck.

This isn't the "team that could have been good", it's the "team that wasn't."

We saw Schneider prove that he's a beast, Henriqe prove that he's our future, Merrill Larsson and Gelinas prove that we have a future, and Jagr prove that he's a robot. There was some good, some fun. But I have never in my life experienced a more painful, brutal, and frustrating season. I know that seems ridiculous and I know that I've been spoiled, but that's what we got this year.

Also, I'm not going to comment on Marty past this- he's a legend, one of the best of all time, and what he did for this franchise far outweighs his comments this year. Anyone who has anything bad to say about Brodeur should reserve it for later: no matter how you slice it, this is a SAD day to be a Devils fan.

I can't fvcking wait until next season. Go devils.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 13 April 2014 - 05:22 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#99 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Posted this in the Chico thread, and I meant to post it here: @TGfireandice: Brodeur essentially said Schneider will be Devils clear cut No. 1 next season. IF Brodeur comes back, it will be as backup.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#100 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

Posted this in the Chico thread, and I meant to post it here: @TGfireandice: Brodeur essentially said Schneider will be Devils clear cut No. 1 next season. IF Brodeur comes back, it will be as backup.

Good.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users