130 replies to this topic

#41 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,139 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

Love this move. I've said it before, getting rid of Deboer is the worst thing we could do at this point. This is good.

When did MartysBetter get a second account?

I know you haven't been here much in 3 years but makin fun of Mike Brown has kind of become a running gag. You'll catch on

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:10 AM

Just wait...the Devils will be 8 points into a playoff spot next year with 10 games to go and Lou will fire DeBoer and be like ""Pete DeBoer was never under contract for this year, has never been under contract for this year, and will not be coaching the rest of this year."

Lmfao!!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

Good.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#44 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet:

I know Lou Lamoriello will never confirm it...but hearing Peter DeBoer did get a 2 year extension today.

yeah it has to be at least 2 years, why would he only sign a 1 year extension when he could definitely get more term somewhere else?

I'm glad he'll be back because I think he's a net positive for the team and some of the biggest knocks on him (Larsson, josefson and Marty) won't happen next year. The players also seem to like him.

#45 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Just wait...the Devils will be 8 points into a playoff spot next year with 10 games to go and Lou will fire DeBoer and be like ""Pete DeBoer was never under contract for this year, has never been under contract for this year, and will not be coaching the rest of this year."

This cracked me up. 

Like others have said, he got as much as he possibly could out of a bad team.  Not upset at all that he is coming back. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 14 April 2014 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

#46 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Deboer is no dummy. Toronto is a powderkeg where he'd be expected to be a savior and in short order.

While I have pounded on him a bit, I suspect Lou has some plans and opinions for the roster already at a birds eye level at least.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#47 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

There could be a few coaching changes this year, its a dangerous time to be exchanging coaches. you could be left out in the cold and wind up worse off than you began

its a bit rex ryan like

#48 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

I know you haven't been here much in 3 years but makin fun of Mike Brown has kind of become a running gag. You'll catch on

I'm here almost every day actually, just don't feel the need to play njdevs.com hall monitor

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#49 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

I bet Clarkson's disappointed that PDB isn't shipping up north.  He's probably Clarkson's only hope.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#50 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,139 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'm here almost every day actually, just don't feel the need to play njdevs.com hall monitor

You're adorable

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#51 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Good to know but nobody asked and nobody here cares.

What the hell is your problem? I wouldn't mind bringing Brian back. Why not? It's not as if he's going to want absurd money (I assume) or play a top six role (again, I assume). sh!t, I wouldn't be pissed if they brought petr sykora out of retirement.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#52 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

A lot of other fan bases were hoping DeBoer was going to be available

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#53 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

A lot of other fan bases were hoping DeBoer was going to be available

Said no one, ever.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

#54 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

i was next to chico during the post game, he said deboer got an extension, and most likely 2 years. 

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#55 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Said no one, ever.

http://www.torontosu...dentials-to-job

Already, there is speculation that Shanahan could replace Carlyle with Peter DeBoer, whose contract as coach of the New Jersey Devils is about to expire.

DeBoer, as you know, had a major role in Clarkson’s development, first with the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League and then with the Devils. That alone could make DeBoer a good fit in Toronto.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#56 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

That's one fan base, making fan "bases" inaccurate.

#57 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

I have no doubt that a few teams would be interested in Debo

believe-zubrus.jpg

#58 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

i thought for sure that he wouldve strolled off into the sunlight and whatever team he went to coach would wind up having some great successful season next year.. i mean thats just the type of luck we tend to have over here.. glad he will be back again next year though hopefully he has a little more talent to work with
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#59 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Well looky there!  A speculative article!

Last I checked the Toronto Sun does not represent the pulse of a fan base any more than Rich Chere or the NY Post does for us.  Most of the fans I were reading reacting from the Maple Leaf perspective saw zero improvement in bringing Deboer in since a lot of the issues they've had with Carlyle, are many of the marks on Deboer (terrible at developing/teaching prospects, stubbornness, slow to adjust system).  They hated it even more on the basis of being desperate to use familiarity and historical success to try and get Kadri on the right track and try and get some value out of Clarkson before it officially is sealed as the worst contract in hockey.

#60 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Well looky there!  A speculative article!

Last I checked the Toronto Sun does not represent the pulse of a fan base any more than Rich Chere or the NY Post does for us.  Most of the fans I were reading reacting from the Maple Leaf perspective saw zero improvement in bringing Deboer in since a lot of the issues they've had with Carlyle, are many of the marks on Deboer (terrible at developing/teaching prospects, stubbornness, slow to adjust system).  They hated it even more on the basis of being desperate to use familiarity and historical success to try and get Kadri on the right track and try and get some value out of Clarkson before it officially is sealed as the worst contract in hockey.

They are idiots.  I'm glad that HFboards is still a thriving place.  Most Leafs fans I saw on Twitter were quite excited about the possibility of landing DeBoer.  But then again, you'd never project your views onto others.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users