iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

my god... what will he possibly say now.

www.SterioDesign.com

#4 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

ah im going to miss it..missed what he said after the game too due to the crowd being overly loud while he was speaking
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#5 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

meeeee toooo

topic schneider, awkward

topic rangers, fun stuff

martys gonna do HNIC

Edited by lazer, 15 April 2014 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Marty just said the Devils' #1 priority should be to get Cory locked up to a long-term deal. Said Cory needs to play 65-70 games.

Said he's taking a step back before deciding what to do. Leaning towards playing next year.

#7 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

Keep me updated with the play-by-play pleeeeassssee!!!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Marty said the highlight of his career was the '95 Cup.

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Said he's proud of how the Devils fanbase has grown and been more supportive even on the road, particularly the Garden, from when he was a rookie.

Sounds like Marty likes the Rags over the Phailures as well lol.

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Marty said the highlight of his career was the '95 Cup.

Not surprised by that...that first one has to be so special for them.  Not that the second one and following ones aren't awesome if they're so lucky to win more, but the feeling they must get that first time...especially when no one expected them to, as was the case with the "They'll be Lucky To Win A Game" 1995 Devils...can't imagine what that must feel like. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#11 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Marty just said the Devils' #1 priority should be to get Cory locked up to a long-term deal. Said Cory needs to play 65-70 games.

Said he's taking a step back before deciding what to do. Leaning towards playing next year.

He's definitely correct about Cory.

Have a feeling more and more that he's amenable to anything next year, if he plays...meaning that 50+ games is no longer a must for him.  I think reality is starting to set in for him, in a good way. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#12 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

Have a feeling more and more that he's amenable to anything next year, if he plays...meaning that 50+ games is no longer a must for him.  I think reality is starting to set in for him, in a good way. 

I hope its because Lou read him the riot act after the mediocrity comment.

#13 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

yah he said he could have retired after 95 and called it a successful career

also said hes been on bad teams that have done well and good teams that didnt win.

also i think he misses kovy too or maybe i just made that up

Edited by lazer, 15 April 2014 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image

#14 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

Have a feeling more and more that he's amenable to anything next year, if he plays...meaning that 50+ games is no longer a must for him. I think reality is starting to set in for him, in a good way.

To hear Marty say those things about Cory is very relieving for me. It shows me that he seems to get it. His comments during the season depicted someone who was, frankly, delusional. But you're right CR- it seems reality IS setting in, in a good way, for Marty.

#15 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

marty has said that before early in the season that the lesbian turtle is #1

Posted Image

#16 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

I'm guessing he was talking about the 2003 team when he mentioned he had been on championship teams that weren't great but worked well as a team.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 15 April 2014 - 12:14 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#17 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

I need to get to a Devils game at MSG next season, but man are tickets expensive for those.. Anyone who has gone recently, is it really worth it?

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

I need to get to a Devils game at MSG next season, but man are tickets expensive for those.. Anyone who has gone recently, is it really worth it?

I wouldn't mind invading that sh!thole as an NJDevs group. We can get a bunch of seats together and marvel at the newly transformed Garden. :P

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

I hope its because Lou read him the riot act after the mediocrity comment.

I think it's more because he's starting to see that he simply isn't what he was anymore, and there isn't a thing he can do about it. I don't think Lou would ever scold Marty, even if he didn't like some of Marty's quotes. Larry Brooks summed it all up pretty nicely in his article...Marty was raging against Father Time there for a while, and it has to suck when you can seemingly beat every other challenge as an athlete except for that one. It can't be easy for someone like him to pass the torch to the younger guy who's now clearly better than you, and say "Here you go, run with it."

#30 FOREVER!

#20 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

I agree with this. He never made a comment during the season that could be described as 'delusional' that is a product of board hyperbole. But as I have posted before, Marty revealed himself in an interview after one of the team's games in which he talked about wanting to 'prove to himself that he can still play.' You could see in his eyes at that moment that he was struggling and I can understand that. The guy is human. That's why the brutal attacks on him by a few posters on this board ticked me off so much. All Marty knows is the game, and you can tell that he's not the kind of guy that's good at much else.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users