23 replies to this topic

#21 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

Tampa will be fine. Drouin will be on the team next year. Every indication is that he's the real deal and will hit the ground running. Some said he was the best player in the draft last year, ahead of MacKinnon and Jones. They may re-sign Callahan. And then they have Vasilevski who will be ready in another year or two. He's tearing up the KHL as a 19 year old.

You cannot make a projection based on one playoff series, no matter how poorly a team performs in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wasn't basing on their playoff performance, but the fact they are going to be missing their team leader and the player who helped into making Stamkos a star.   You just can't replace someone of St. Louis caliber.    There will be more pressure on the younger kids to make up St. Louis production and that is unfair to them.   I don't see Tampa in the playoff for at least two more years.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

What you're forgetting is that he's a NY Ranger, which means anything he did in his career previously pales in comparison to what he has done under the bright lights of Broadway, at the World's Most Famous Arena, because, as everyone knows, there's no place on Earth better than NYC.

the-new-yorker-poster_1.jpg

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#23 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

I wonder if something else happened between St. Louis and Yzerman either before or after the initial Olympic snub.

I've been wondering this too. You want to believe a player wouldn't be so low as to abandon a team just because his GM didn't name him to the Olympic roster. Then again, seeing as to where he requested to be traded, it's clear he's a piece of sh!t.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#24 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

the-new-yorker-poster_1.jpg

My history professor is from the Bronx and he has this very same poster in his office.  He just retired at the end of this past semester.  Awesome guy and a role model for me.  Great piece for its comedic value. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users