951 replies to this topic

#181 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

What kind of terms did Miller leave Buffalo on?  I don't remember.

he seemed a little sad but excited at the time, not sure how management felt about him

http://espn.go.com/n...lockbuster-deal

#182 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

I came across the conversation on HF that I found interesting.  Is MB the only active player in the NHL with more than 2 cups?  If so that is pretty cool. 

Posted Image

#183 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

What kind of terms did Miller leave Buffalo on? I don't remember.

terms weren't bad but there's no way he goes back. I thought the whole basis was because he wanted to win

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#184 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

On Miller, I believe he wants to go out West since his wife is in LA.  Of course the goalie factories of LA and Anaheim doesn't look like a landing spot for him, although I wouldn't rule out Anaheim if he takes a HUGE discount. San Jose is possible, but I am unsure of their plans for their UFA's and their overall Cap situation.  Vancouver could be the best fit. 

Any chance we package Schneider, 2nd rounder and whatever young D for a MAF and James Neal?

#185 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

On Miller, I believe he wants to go out West since his wife is in LA.  Of course the goalie factories of LA and Anaheim doesn't look like a landing spot for him, although I wouldn't rule out Anaheim if he takes a HUGE discount. San Jose is possible, but I am unsure of their plans for their UFA's and their overall Cap situation.  Vancouver could be the best fit. 

Any chance we package Schneider, 2nd rounder and whatever young D for a MAF and James Neal?

Please no, I am not a fan of either. Neal is not the cleanest player and just am not a fan and Schneider is better than MAF imo
Posted Image

#186 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

Please no, I am not a fan of either. Neal is not the cleanest player and just am not a fan and Schneider is better than MAF imo

OK, remember a guy that wore #22?

Anyway, I dislike Neal, but he would be truly devastating on a line with Zajac and Jagr.  And I saw those reports he supposedly wanted out of Pitt.  IF, that is true, then the Devils might be able to pull off a deal since he is somebody that would be usually unattainable with the current assets the Devils possess.  I really believe CS is not gonna sign here so, if he doesn't sign this summer, then I would be content iif something close to this happened.

#187 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I would hate Neal if he comes here and I would especially hate to have MAF instead of Schneider

Edited by Onddeck, 28 May 2014 - 08:58 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#188 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

No way to Neal, he's dirtier than LA cops, Carcillo, the New York Rangers, and most Flyers players.  He may help us, but I'm not ready to sell my soul.  Fleury...I want him even less so.  That being said, I could see Fleury going somewhere else and flourishing.  Why would Lou trade away Schneider a year after acquiring him?  If we see Schneider being traded, it's only because negotiations have failed.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#189 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Neal is pretty much the exact player we need. A winger who can pot thirty and muck it up a bit. I bet Lou would reign him in a bit if he tried to pull any of the cheap stuff

#190 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Neal is pretty much the exact player we need. A winger who can pot thirty and muck it up a bit. I bet Lou would reign him in a bit if he tried to pull any of the cheap stuff

I wouldn't mind Neal at all.  I think our players were a little too soft last year and he would make a good addition.  Of course that is if the price is right.

#191 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

I'd have a hard time rooting for Neal at first..he's like a spoiled little kid out there on the ice. If he doesn't get what he wants he starts throwing elbows and acting like an overall brat. Generally can't stand players like that..but Devils need scoring wingers.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#192 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Miller is going to have a tough time getting a big contract.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#193 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,551 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Miller seems like a perfect fit for a one year deal from somewhere like Pittsburgh - get a Vokoun type contract, then try to find a starting gig.  San Jose could also pick him up if they trade Niemi, but I still don't see a home for Niemi (maybe Vancouver?)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#194 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Flyers are releasing draft tickets tomorrow at 1pm FYI - I'm sure they have info on their website

I actually got 4 tickets to day 1 and a pair for day 2 in today's prerelease (had to fill out a form on their website), but won't have extras.. Still, would be nice to see us represent there
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#195 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Flyers are releasing draft tickets tomorrow at 1pm FYI - I'm sure they have info on their website

I actually got 4 tickets to day 1 and a pair for day 2 in today's prerelease (had to fill out a form on their website), but won't have extras.. Still, would be nice to see us represent there

I guess no lottery like how the devils did last year?

#196 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

The more I hear talking about a Schneider extension the more I fear he won't re-sign. Even though we have signs that he probably will, I still have this bad feeling haha.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#197 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Face it, Lou is singing Brian Gionta, that will be his big splash this offseason.. just accept it and internalize it.. that way when it happens, the shock and disappointment will be much less aggravating. :koolaid:

#198 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

Face it, Lou is singing Brian Gionta, that will be his big splash this offseason.. just accept it and internalize it.. that way when it happens, the shock and disappointment will be much less aggravating. :koolaid:

No. I will still rage if it happens.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#199 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

The more I hear talking about a Schneider extension the more I fear he won't re-sign. Even though we have signs that he probably will, I still have this bad feeling haha.

Imagine if Schneider signs elsewhere and Marty is our starting goaltender next year? Lol

#200 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Imagine if Schneider signs elsewhere and Marty is our starting goaltender next year? Lol

You do realize that Schneider is under contract until Summer 2015?  Marty will likely not be in the NHL anymore.  So no, I refuse to "imagine" these hells that you seem to think up on a hourly basis.  Go sit in a dark room some more and cut yourself some more. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users