#281 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:51 AM

You know Schneider will be here long term by this line:

“As a Devil it’s not great to see the Rangers playing in the Final, but it’s good to see Alain back in the Final. I think he’s a great coach,” said Schneider, who played for Vigneault in Vancouver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah this is good to hear, especially since he grew up idolizing Mike Richter ...but he now knows ...he's a Devil !

#282 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,571 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Interesting, the Hawks haven't been able to sign Kevin Hayes yet:  http://espn.go.com/b...-prospect-hayes

Seems like a decent fit for NJ although he shoots left handed.  Still he apparently plays all 3 forward positions.  Not many places better to go if you're a young forward trying to break into the NHL.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#283 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Interesting, the Hawks haven't been able to sign Kevin Hayes yet:  http://espn.go.com/b...-prospect-hayes

Seems like a decent fit for NJ although he shoots left handed.  Still he apparently plays all 3 forward positions.  Not many places better to go if you're a young forward trying to break into the NHL.

I read some rumors awhile ago that Kevin Hayes won't sign with the Blackhawks since his brother Jimmy didn't have a good experience with the organization. Who knows if it is true, it's just rumors.

Some people have suggested he should sign with the Flames to stay with Gaudreau and Arnold. :P

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#284 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Wow, all those quotes and statements are extremely reasuring! cory actually seems like he wants to be here.

Edited by Devs3cups, 07 June 2014 - 07:49 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#285 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,571 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

I read some rumors awhile ago that Kevin Hayes won't sign with the Blackhawks since his brother Jimmy didn't have a good experience with the organization. Who knows if it is true, it's just rumors.

Some people have suggested he should sign with the Flames to stay with Gaudreau and Arnold. :P

I mean, you'd think he would've signed already, there's no reason for this to take a long time, he's surely graduated by now and his pay isn't likely to include bonuses.  I'd bet on him not signing with Chicago.

#286 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Bob McKenzie said that there's at least 12 teams trying to sign Jiri Sekac, he's a 22 year old Czech who put up good numbers in the K this year (11 G, 17 A, 28 P, +12) so I wonder if the Devils could possibly snatch up this guy to add a young forward, we could be a desirable destination for him because of having two of the 3 best Czech players of all time.

EDIT: Just noticed this was just talked about on the last page, never saw that, but still if we could land this guy I'd be pretty happy.

Edited by Brandon, 08 June 2014 - 01:10 AM.

25smul5.png

#287 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

Still he apparently plays all 3 forward positions.  

Imagine the money we could save, he's a 1-man line.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#288 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

What kind of a contract will Josefson get ?   is he still in the Devils long term plans (with Deboer as coach)

#289 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

What kind of a contract will Josefson get ?   is he still in the Devils long term plans (with Deboer as coach)

My gut feeling is that he's gone. I'm just wondering if it's to another NHL team or Europe. Last I checked, he had some of the best passing and zone exit stats on the team, just like Loktionov did when he got traded. Both Josefson and Loktionov liked to carry the puck in rather than dump it in which goes against DeBoer's system. I don't think Josefson is in the Devils plans and I think he could be a nice pickup for another team. Hope he gets a chance unlike last year.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#290 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

i don't take this as something serious but the guy on this site http://dinocostashow.com/

specifically on his twitter feed is saying that the devils are in discussions in bringing back kovalchuk

10440723_797391806939403_571117012524003

#291 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,571 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Haha sure they are - this guy posted on this board, that's how reputable he is.

#292 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

i don't take this as something serious but the guy on this site http://dinocostashow.com/

specifically on his twitter feed is saying that the devils are in discussions in bringing back kovalchuk

10440723_797391806939403_571117012524003

Refer to my post in the thread about this particular topic.  NOOOOOOOOOOO

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#293 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

Wasn't Dino Costa on Mad Dog Russo's channel on Sirius for a while? Pretty sure he was. Also, I wonder who his 'credible source based in NJ' is... I was thinking maybe its Allan Walsh. No reason to believe that other than Walsh is based in NJ and loves to flap his gums about sh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020, 09 June 2014 - 05:16 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#294 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Wasn't Dino Costa on Mad Dog Russo's channel on Sirius for a while? Pretty sure he was. Also, I wonder who his 'credible source based in NJ' is... I was thinking maybe its Allan Walsh. No reason to believe that other than Walsh is based in NJ and loves to flap his gums about sh!t.

Yup. He now runs his own radio call in show under something of a unique business model. Forbes did a piece on it. He's kind of setting himself up to be the Rush Limbaugh of sports talk radio, or at least trying.

It could very well be a ploy to get people to subscribe to his show, which runs for $75 a year, and it's mostly profit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#295 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Walsh isn't his agent (who is based in LA btw). Jay Grossman is his agent @Jay_Grossman.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#296 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Walsh isn't his agent (who is based in LA btw). Jay Grossman is his agent @Jay_Grossman.

Yeah I know Walsh isn't really connected to Kovy, I just mused it might be him because he's in NJ and has obvious connections being an agent. I don't really know who else it could be, unless Kovy still has family hanging around in Jersey somewhere.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#297 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,571 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

Yeah I know Walsh isn't really connected to Kovy, I just mused it might be him because he's in NJ and has obvious connections being an agent. I don't really know who else it could be, unless Kovy still has family hanging around in Jersey somewhere.

It could be the voices in Costa's head.

#298 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

On another note, not sure how everything was for his family and what not, but this had to be the worst possible year hockey results wise for Kovy.

- The Russians didn't medal at the Olympics

- He injured his knee during the Olympics and probably shouldn't have continued playing

- He played through the rest of the season with that injury and struggled mightily 

- With all the expectations for his huge spending St Petersburg team, they flamed out early in the playoffs and the owner fired everyone

- He skipped the WC to get surgery and the Russians wold Gold

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#299 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

On another note, not sure how everything was for his family and what not, but this had to be the worst possible year hockey results wise for Kovy.

- The Russians didn't medal at the Olympics

- He injured his knee during the Olympics and probably shouldn't have continued playing

- He played through the rest of the season with that injury and struggled mightily 

- With all the expectations for his huge spending St Petersburg team, they flamed out early in the playoffs and the owner fired everyone

- He skipped the WC to get surgery and the Russians wold Gold

The Russians also cheated. Some of the most despicable sh!t I've ever seen on ice.  Let me find the video

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#300 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,571 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Eliteprospects on twitter is reporting that Tedenby has signed with Lev Prague of the KHL.  Best of luck to him - I'll be curious if the Devils tender him a contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users