951 replies to this topic

#441 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

The Flyers are nuts if they send Couturier for Kesler straight up.

Yup, I was thinking that. I mean, could I see Homgren do that desperately, sure. But Hextall has to be a lot smarter. Considering the Flyers traded prime Jeff Carter for the chance to pick Couturier, why then trade him when he is developing into a great player for someone who is declining.

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 June 2014 - 06:23 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#442 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

At the deadline, according to MacKenzie, Vancouver asked for a first, a top prospect and an established center. He obviously wasn't traded, which probably means no one bit. Still, The Flyers apparently made a substantial offer.
http://prohockeytalk...ng-about-edler/
If it didn't involve Couturier, it almost certainly had to be Schenn.

Whatever, the point is that Vancouver is expecting something very substantial for Kesler, something the Devils can't really afford, even if he were the same player he was a few years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#443 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hemsky has turned down the Senators three year offer

he's a Czech ? but I dont think we need a RW 

Our problem is besides Sislo, we have no RW. Everyone (wf's) shoots left.  We need RW severely! If fact, I hope that all we draft

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#444 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Our problem is besides Sislo, we have no RW. Everyone (wf's) shoots left.  We need RW severely! If fact, I hope that all we draft

we have Ryder and Brunner, they are righties

#445 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

Just realized Sislo is a UFA so it's possible he doesn't even return.

Edited by GoArmySports, 16 June 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#446 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

we have Ryder and Brunner, they are righties

Two of the worst players for the Devils last year, if you ask me.

RW depth is definitely an issue.

THANKS KOVY

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#447 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Two of the worst players for the Devils last year, if you ask me.

RW depth is definitely an issue.

THANKS KOVY

I agree they suck, but they're on the payroll, we can't make them magically disappear ..and nobodys taking them in a trade

#448 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

I agree they suck, but they're on the payroll, we can't make them magically disappear ..and nobodys taking them in a trade

This is true.  

Hopefully one or both of them can do something this season.. maybe the Devils can actually acquire a playmaking center for one of them.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#449 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

This is true.  

Hopefully one or both of them can do something this season.. maybe the Devils can actually acquire a playmaking center for one of them.

we're set at D and in goal (if Lou gets Cory to sign an extension) ......but our forward situation is gonna be a work in progress for a few years yet

Edited by The 29th Pick, 16 June 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#450 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

I still think Brunner's gonna have a much better season. He showed some really great things a couple times this year. I don't know what to think of Ryder, though. He was awesome in November, and didn't show up very much for the rest of the year, it seemed.

#451 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

Ryder needs to have playmaking linemates. He's not good at creating offense. His talent lies in his ability to shoot the puck.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#452 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

I still think Brunner's gonna have a much better season. He showed some really great things a couple times this year. I don't know what to think of Ryder, though. He was awesome in November, and didn't show up very much for the rest of the year, it seemed.

That's how he's always been. Every once and a while he makes a few moves to get a scoring chance that makes you think he's better than he really is. He never manages to put everything together and play like that consistently though.

What does everyone think about Grabovski? It sounds like re-signing him isn't a top priority for the Caps. Would he be a good plan B should Stastny be unavailable? Seems like he was playing pretty well until he got hurt. 35 points in 58 games. If you can get him to play a full season, I think he could be counted on for about 20 goals and 50 points. He'd definitely be a lot cheaper than Stastny.

Edited by ATLL765, 17 June 2014 - 02:50 AM.

#453 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

No surprise that the Avs are shopping Parenteau, per MacKenzie I believe. Please don't take the bait Lou.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#454 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

That's how he's always been. Every once and a while he makes a few moves to get a scoring chance that makes you think he's better than he really is. He never manages to put everything together and play like that consistently though.

What does everyone think about Grabovski? It sounds like re-signing him isn't a top priority for the Caps. Would he be a good plan B should Stastny be unavailable? Seems like he was playing pretty well until he got hurt. 35 points in 58 games. If you can get him to play a full season, I think he could be counted on for about 20 goals and 50 points. He'd definitely be a lot cheaper than Stastny.

I'd like to do this.  If he comes here for like a little under 5m for no more than 3 years.  That would be a rough contract, but I'd take the risk.  I think he seems like the lower key player that Lou would go for, throw him as a 2nd line center and see what he can do.  He did have some problems with Carlyle in Toronto, but that was a bit ago.  So on the other hand I don't know if this is a guy they'd want.  Both PDB and Lou Lams.  I have the link nhere. 
http://espn.go.com/n...h-randy-carlyle

Edited by RizzMB30, 17 June 2014 - 07:36 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#455 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

3/15 for Grabovski would be a good deal. So would be getting Parenteau (his deal is really good for the production he got. Keep in mind, he got the 8th most icetime among forwards on Avs the past season) if he's paired with a playdriving center. If Elias can hack another season at center as a #2...that could be a great line.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#456 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

3/15 for Grabovski would be a good deal. So would be getting Parenteau (his deal is really good for the production he got. Keep in mind, he got the 8th most icetime among forwards on Avs the past season) if he's paired with a playdriving center. If Elias can hack another season at center as a #2...that could be a great line.

I wouldn't be opposed to him really, but the point to getting him would you could move Elias back to the wing, as well as Henrique, but both of those players can play center if injuries hit us hard. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#457 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to him really, but the point to getting him would you could move Elias back to the wing, as well as Henrique, but both of those players can play center if injuries hit us hard. 

Yes. Grabovski would be kind of superfluous since you want Elias and Henrique in top-6 roles, probably on the same line.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#458 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

No surprise that the Avs are shopping Parenteau, per MacKenzie I believe. Please don't take the bait Lou.

Would've loved if we got him as UFA a few years, always liked PA Parenteau. It would seem though that sending something substantial in a trade to get Parenteau has one of two end roads: that's either O'Reilly's or Stastny's money. I would guess Stastny, considering the talks have been that they're in contract negotiation. What he wants is probably too much, unless they dump Parenteau? Trying to get PA Parenteau shoots yourself in the foot if you were one of the teams who needed Stastny.

Edited by DJ Eco, 17 June 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#459 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Lou still deciding on whether to use a compliance buy-out: http://www.nj.com/de...ml#incart_river
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#460 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

Lou still deciding on whether to use a compliance buy-out: http://www.nj.com/de...ml#incart_river

The fact that Lou didn't flat out deny it makes me feel that will definitely use the clause on one of our players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users