#41 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

Where did anyone say any of this?

i think he was just trying to say that mb talks out of his ass and is ridiculous..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#42 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Where did anyone say any of this?

The implication of the post was "I'd like to get some new FA's sure, but if we don't, no big deal." That was pretty clear.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#43 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

The implication of the post was "I'd like to get some new FA's sure, but if we don't, no big deal." That was pretty clear.

:lol: you waited 2 days and then completely misrepresented what he said.

Disagree with someone all you want but at least do it honestly.

There were 2 things said, this same roster probably makes the playoffs next season, which I think is probably true, and the Devils should try to add some of the good free agents.

As an aside that isn't directed at Neboors or this topic, I don't understand wanting to complain about a poster whenever they post instead of ignoring or discussing. It's getting hard to sift through a lot of threads because they're just becoming personal insults and arguments without any hockey talk.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#44 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

Unfourtunently i do agree i dont think salvador will be bought out.. however volchenkov on the other hand who knows..maybe

I don't think either one will happen. I'd be hard pressed to not cut one of those two guys loose. How about compliance buyout for Volchenkov and waive Salvador and eat the 3.16 million?sucks for next year but his replacement (Gelinas, Merrill, Larsson) probably makes pennies.

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I don't think either one will happen. I'd be hard pressed to not cut one of those two guys loose. How about compliance buyout for Volchenkov and waive Salvador and eat the 3.16 million?sucks for next year but his replacement (Gelinas, Merrill, Larsson) probably makes pennies.

Salvador is very tradeable, so you wouldn't have to waive him. An average NHL salary for one more year and no NTC. You could probably get a fourth round pick for him, especially from a team like Buffalo that has more picks than it knows what to do with. I think Lou wants to keep him around though, unless this analytics person ends up having more influence than we expect.

It looks more and more likely that Volchenkov gets bought out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#46 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

Salvador is very tradeable, so you wouldn't have to waive him. An average NHL salary for one more year and no NTC. You could probably get a fourth round pick for him, especially from a team like Buffalo that has more picks than it knows what to do with. I think Lou wants to keep him around though, unless this analytics person ends up having more influence than we expect.

True. Trade him.

#47 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

If the Devils buy out Volchenkov they can use the 4.25mil to pay Fayne, Larsson, and Gelinas.  I hope the Devils make some kind of trade during the offseason

#48 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

sal was 'injured' for the last few games, so i think lou had the retirement or buyout talk with him. i don't think any team would want sal with what he brings to the table, even if they give up a late rounder.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#49 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

sal was 'injured' for the last few games, so i think lou had the retirement or buyout talk with him. i don't think any team would want sal with what he brings to the table, even if they give up a late rounder.

Hal Gill's performance today is an indication that Salvador is a useful enough defenseman that some team would take him for a year.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#50 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

yea i guess there is always idiot teams that can pick up second worsts. 

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#51 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hal Gill's performance today is an indication that Salvador is a useful enough defenseman that some team would take him for a year.

Gill was terrible. It's hard to believe the Flyers had no one else that could play at a serviceable level other then a washed up, plodding 39 year old.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 27 April 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#52 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

Gill is much cheaper.  NJ could deal Salvador, maybe, but they would definitely have to pick up part of the check.  And I don't think they will do that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#53 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Gill is much cheaper. NJ could deal Salvador, maybe, but they would definitely have to pick up part of the check. And I don't think they will do that.

Gill is cheaper, but he arguably was responsible for today's loss, and as the sixth defenseman. Doesn't matter if he's making the league minimum, he's awful at any price. Some teams that are otherwise pretty good find themselves relying on an anchor like Gill, which is why they would have use for someone like Salvador. We don't like him, but the fact remains he gets decent ice time on the best defensive team in the league.

Whether they have to pick up part of the check depends on who he theoretically would be dealt to. He's got one year left, and you would tend to have to give up something of use if you want the other team to retain salary. If you're a team that's not in cap he'll next year, you can absorb that whole salary without issue.

Posted Image

#54 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Gill was a healthy scratch 70+ times this year.  The Flyers signed him and then did not use him, not for any reason.  I have no idea why they went to him today.  

Salvador just can't be used in a top 4 role next year, he should take over Volchenkov's minutes when Volchenkov is complianced.  I also don't think you can drum up a market for a guy who's been injured 3 times in the last 2 years and who turns 39 next season.  You have to take on a bad contract or pick up a piece of its salary for it to move, and that's if you're lucky.

#55 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

It will be an interesting offseason. I believe NJ makes a little bit of a youth move next year seeing that they were a little too slow last year. Sislo, Josefson and Boucher full time next year. On defense I believe a move has to be made, I can't really see all three of Gelinas, Merrill and Larsson in the lineup at once.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#56 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Greene - Fayne

Merrill - Larsson

Salvador - Zidlicky

Harrold

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#57 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

It will be an interesting offseason. I believe NJ makes a little bit of a youth move next year seeing that they were a little too slow last year. Sislo, Josefson and Boucher full time next year. On defense I believe a move has to be made, I can't really see all three of Gelinas, Merrill and Larsson in the lineup at once.

Josefson has no future here with Deboer staying. I'd love Sislo in a 4th line role to replace Bernier but time will tell if that 4th line gets shuffled off the roster like it should and deserves to be.

I think one of the young D is getting shipped out in a trade.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#58 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

:lol: you waited 2 days and then completely misrepresented what he said.

Disagree with someone all you want but at least do it honestly.

There were 2 things said, this same roster probably makes the playoffs next season, which I think is probably true, and the Devils should try to add some of the good free agents.

As an aside that isn't directed at Neboors or this topic, I don't understand wanting to complain about a poster whenever they post instead of ignoring or discussing. It's getting hard to sift through a lot of threads because they're just becoming personal insults and arguments without any hockey talk.

You use a laughing face in your response to me and then you call for cordiality later in your post? As for waiting two days, I mean, I am busy this time of year and see the posts when I do; who are you to judge when I respond to posts?

If anything you are misrepresenting what he is saying. His phrasing clearly implied that if the Devils don't make roster changes, it's no big deal. That was clear. I don't personally insult MB, and there are only a few people who do. I engage him in debate all the time and so do others. 

Lastly, take it in context. If you know where MB has stood on the Devils this season - making ridiculous posts about how the Devils would easily make the playoffs and how the team could easily go on winning streaks, then maybe you'd understand the discourse taking place here.

Edited by Neb00rs, 27 April 2014 - 10:32 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#59 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

I'm not sure, although Josefson was given an audition of sorts late in the season.  I think Sislo could make the team - of course he is also eligible to walk, though I doubt he will.  I think NJ will give him a shot to make the roster.  Boucher, dunno, lot depends on his training camp, but I'm not sure he will have a spot penciled in for him.  If they dump Josefson or he leaves they will need someone to replace that, because Scott Timmins is not that guy and neither is Kelly Zajac.

Merrill's not going to be someone to worry about, and neither really is Larsson - I think they could rotate one guy out sometimes and switch Harrold in.  

#60 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Seriously? You think he's tradeable?? Unless a GM is trying to get fired, I have no idea why you would treade for Sal.
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users