951 replies to this topic

#601 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Jason's source must be the tweet from 2 weeks ago that was in this thread.  Which of course was 2 weeks ago.  So yeah, disregard.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#602 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Jason's source must be the tweet from 2 weeks ago that was in this thread.  Which of course was 2 weeks ago.  So yeah, disregard.

Gah, frustrating. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#603 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

As we talk about fighters, while you were sleeping the Devils re-signed Cam Janssen to a 1-year two way contract.

Priorities.

As one of the few fans that still enjoys fighting, this makes me happy. I doubt we see him in NJ but it's nice to have him in the organization.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#604 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Yea my bad, I seen it a top of my twitter news feed and didn't realize it was just retweeted.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#605 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

@helenenothelen: From colleague @reallisa: Kings will not buy out contract of Mike Richards http://t.co/rqmxVAyufG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#606 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Sharks are better with Thornton on the ice then without, and Wilson isn't exactly handling this issue in a good manner, but if they want him out, trade him. Get something for him, teams will offer something for Thornton.

#607 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:38 AM

Thornton should go back to the Bs

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#608 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

Thornton should go back to the Bs

THAT would make the East very interesting.  Also put the Bruins back where they want to be.  Loui Eriksson and a 2nd? 

#609 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

Honestly, it's not bad at all. They've showed that they have no problem sending Cam in the AHL. No pomises are made, and it beats signing a fighter to a 1-way deal (for more 1 year I might add), which they have done many times in the past.

I'll disagree with needing a fighter for certain games. I can't think of one game last year the Devils needed one. The Rangers and Flyers dressed goon free teams against the Devils. And, I don't even think Cam wants to fight anymore or is expected to right now.

The Cup is ours.  I love Cam's reaction after this goal.  Carter totally sets him up for it, but he bear hugs Jajo and jumps up and down.  I think the team needs that emotion sometimes.  

Or this one.  Loving Lundquist's reaction, he's so embarrassed.  Oh, LMAO @ 1:50 where DeBoer is smiling and laughing.  "Hahaha CanJam"   Cam is like, "Did I do good guys?!?"

Edited by RizzMB30, 21 June 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#610 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Or this one.  Loving Lundquist's reaction, he's so embarrassed.  Oh, LMAO @ 1:50 where DeBoer is smiling and laughing.  "Hahaha CanJam"   Cam is like, "Did I do good guys?!?"

I already miss Chico

#611 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

I already miss Chico

I know! no more Chicoisms! my wife and I laughed so much hearing him mess up names or saying...

We still have a chance Steve, if we can score 3 quick goals (5 secs remaining) we're right back in it! ! lol

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

#612 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

The Cup is ours.  I love Cam's reaction after this goal.  Carter totally sets him up for it, but he bear hugs Jajo and jumps up and down.  I think the team needs that emotion sometimes.  

Every team needs emotions and Cam brings that. Is he the best player no but he plays and gets everyone pumped

#613 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Every team needs emotions and Cam brings that. Is he the best player no but he plays and gets everyone pumped

Just play a rock song when there's a break in play. It also gets people pumped.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#614 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

I love Cam but you can get that same energy from someone who can also contribute offensively. Cam's energy will be best used in the AHL
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#615 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

I know! no more Chicoisms! my wife and I laughed so much hearing him mess up names or saying...
We still have a chance Steve, if we can score 3 quick goals (5 secs remaining) we're right back in it! ! lol
Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

ugh now were going to have to listen to dano all game long.. i dont know how i feel about that
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#616 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

ugh now were going to have to listen to dano all game long.. i dont know how i feel about that

I think he'll do ok. It'll take some getting used to, but I like how Dano gets fired up about the team. I remember when he first started doing the intermission reports he yell half the time when showing the replays, lol. It's def gonna be strange with no Doc or Chico though.

#617 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

yeah I love Dano but I'm not sure he can be a color commentator, sort of how Scott Stevens was one of my favorite players...but not sure about his coaching abilities

this season might be a little hard to watch and listen to

#618 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

yeah I love Dano but I'm not sure he can be a color commentator, sort of how Scott Stevens was one of my favorite players...but not sure about his coaching abilities
this season might be a little hard to watch and listen to

one way or another im expecting it to be.. im hoping we add someone half way exciting to the line up.. i dont care if its through a trade or free agency but we need something to look forward to.. i mean we basically deserve it at this point.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#619 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

one way or another im expecting it to be.. im hoping we add someone half way exciting to the line up.. i dont care if its through a trade or free agency but we need something to look forward to.. i mean we basically deserve it at this point.

Please tell me how we deserve it? Tell me you're not talking about fans.  You're being a loser pessimist. 

#620 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

Please tell me how we deserve it? Tell me you're not talking about fans.  You're being a loser pessimist. 

I think he's saying we deserve it since we've had a Murphy's Law-type season.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users