951 replies to this topic

#721 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

But these "second grade" players... they will wait the initial frenzy... They aren't stupid ; ) 

#722 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

Vrbata and Michalek would be a pretty decent UFA period for us. Can't help but think they're options 2 & 3 for many teams going for the bigger moves, so if Lou goes into July 1st conceding defeat on guys like Stastny/Vanek/Moulson, he can get a Vrbata, Michalek, or Grabovski before there's a frenzy to grab them in the days after July 1st/2nd.

They will be in high demand even as second tier targets by teams that don't want or can't afford the top tier. Plus all those guys are not significant upgrades over Ryder or some of our other forwards. They are yet again short term fill ins.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#723 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

They will be in high demand even as second tier targets by teams that don't want or can't afford the top tier. Plus all those guys are not significant upgrades over Ryder or some of our other forwards. They are yet again short term fill ins.

They're both significant upgrades over Ryder considering they are both two way forwards.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#724 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

But these "second grade" players... they will wait the initial frenzy... They aren't stupid ; ) 

Truuuuuue.

#725 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

You should read the article I posted from In Lou We Trust.  Those players are significant play drivers and can put the puck in the net AND play defense.  Second tier guys? Yeah okay.  Out of those three qualities, Ryder has one and he didn't even perform that role very well. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#726 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

You should read the article I posted from In Lou We Trust. Those players are significant play drivers and can put the puck in the net AND play defense. Second tier guys? Yeah okay. Out of those three qualities, Ryder has one and he didn't even perform that role very well.

Vrbata doesn't really play defense. Tippett kind of accepts his limitations. Grabovski plays center and is redundant fit with Ruutu here. Ryder would have to be moved to make room for either Michalek or Vrbata.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

#727 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Vrbata doesn't really play defense. Tippett kind of accepts his limitations. Grabovski plays center and is redundant fit with Ruutu here. Ryder would have to be moved to make room for either Michalek or Vrbata.

How is Grabovski a redundant fit with Ruutu here?  Ruutu doesn't really play center - he can play it, but not well - and they play totally different games.

Edited by Triumph, 27 June 2014 - 11:32 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#728 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Speaking of left wings there are rumors out of Montreal that Pacioretty might be available. Interesting but if true we won't have the pieces to get him.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#729 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

How is Grabovski a redundant fit with Ruutu here? Ruutu doesn't really play center - he can play it, but not well - and they play totally different games.

He's not coming here to be a 3rd line center. Ruutu may not play center well but he or Zubrus will get the third line duties if needed.

Speaking of left wings there are rumors out of Montreal that Pacioretty might be available. Interesting but if true we won't have the pieces to get him.

They would ask for Larsson and Matteau.

#730 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'd trade Larsson and Matteau in a second for Pacioretty.

Grabovski would be the 2nd line center, Elias would be the 3rd line center.  It'd be academic anyway.  Zubrus or Ruutu as 3rd line center is a disaster.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#731 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Patches is on a great contract a well, 4.5m until 2018.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#732 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

I hope to hear big news for us in these few days so I can unleash  this gif:

Marlins-Fan-Dancing-GIF.gif

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#733 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

I hope they make a trade but I doubt it

#734 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Grabovski would be the 2nd line center, Elias would be the 3rd line center. It'd be academic anyway. Zubrus or Ruutu as 3rd line center is a disaster.

I concur. I'd actually like that idea more now that I see it like that. Zubrus and Ruutu are going to have to be split up anyhow on the lines. I can't imagine how many odd man rushes there would be if a Ruutu, Zubrus, Clowe line ever got put together. They'd be great at cycling and board play but that would be it.

I'd like to know why MTL is looking to move Pacioretty. My guess is there might be something personality wise with either Subban or Therrien.

#735 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

I hope to hear big news for us in these few days so I can unleash  this gif:

Marlins-Fan-Dancing-GIF.gif

kid has a large mouth...lol

Posted Image

#736 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

When is the nhl announcing the new salary cap? Isn't that today? Maybe tomorrow?

They're saying it should he in th high 60's, possibly low 70's (millions)

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#737 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

When is the nhl announcing the new salary cap? Isn't that today? Maybe tomorrow?

They're saying it should he in th high 60's, possibly low 70's (millions)

Between 68 and 71 is the rumored margin.

#738 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Grabovski would be the 2nd line center, Elias would be the 3rd line center.  It'd be academic anyway.  Zubrus or Ruutu as 3rd line center is a disaster.

Matteau, yeah I could part with and its a prime time to trade him you're going to do it, but Larsson? Idk.  I don't know if I'd want to give up on Larsson yet at this stage in his development.  Pacioretty is soooooooo worth it, but I'd be more inclined to giving up a 1st and 2nd, Ryder/Zubrus/Brunner and Matteau.  Granted I don't think any of those 3 veterans have any value, but I think they would consider Zubrus considering his size. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#739 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Matteau, yeah I could part with and its a prime time to trade him you're going to do it, but Larsson? Idk.  I don't know if I'd want to give up on Larsson yet at this stage in his development.  Pacioretty is soooooooo worth it, but I'd be more inclined to giving up a 1st and 2nd, Ryder/Zubrus/Brunner and Matteau.  Granted I don't think any of those 3 veterans have any value, but I think they would consider Zubrus considering his size. 

Therrien isn't going to want Ryder back and you would give up a 1st and a 2nd? Like this year's 2nd and next year's 1st? fvck that!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#740 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Therrien isn't going to want Ryder back and you would give up a 1st and a 2nd? Like this year's 2nd and next year's 1st? fvck that!

yea let's stick with the Larsson and Matteau trade. I'd do it. That logjam on D needs to go and if it meant brining in Pacioretty I'm all for it

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users