946 replies to this topic

#781 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Goddamn that Ruutu Zubrus Ryder line aka the Molasses line.

It would take every ounce of Doc's professional broadcasting experience to make that line sound exciting every time they hit the ice.

#782 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

"@ChrisBottaNHL: New Jersey Devils will be busy this week. Second-year owners don't want to miss the playoffs again."

^^Nothing we didn't know, but good to hear right after the Volchenkov buyout, for anyone who felt Harris was keen on tanking for some picks (for whatever reason). Curious if Botta got this from the horse's mouth.

#783 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

http://www.hockey30....evils-sabres-p/

so this based in quebec is stating that Gionta felt insulted by Bergevin's offer (1 year) i guess he really lowballed him (at least in his mind) and that he'll likely go somewhere else.

Also says that his agent had discussion with NJ, Buffalo and Florida. But that the $ is the #1 thing for his next contract.

And we just bought out Volch...hmmmm.....

#784 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Clowe is not an enforcer. Not anymore. He can play that game, but his game is going to change to just being able to clear room for other players and being able to pass well.  He looked good when he wasn't hurt and pretty much what you can expect from him when he's not playing with Joe Thornton or Pavelski.  Still not the best contract, but he was a guy like Clarkson, but better than Clarkson, who we paid less for than Clarkson.  So I don't know, but I still think Clowe passes for a good hockey player.

the biggest issue with him which is a major concern is his health.. he can contribute to the team I believe but hes just damaged goods at this point theres no way he is able to stay healthy for lonh periods of time
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#785 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

"@ChrisBottaNHL: New Jersey Devils will be busy this week. Second-year owners don't want to miss the playoffs again."

^^Nothing we didn't know, but good to hear right after the Volchenkov buyout, for anyone who felt Harris was keen on tanking for some picks (for whatever reason). Curious if Botta got this from the horse's mouth.

yeah for sure the owners had to put money in this year if they wanted to get the team back on track. I dont see how they could have brough back the team really competitive while dealing with an internal cap

www.SterioDesign.com

#786 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

statments like this make me all giddy.  now, odds are it may be smoke and i don't want to get my hopes up...

but perfectly possible that we get a very exciting week

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#787 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

im hoping that we do get something to be excited about that would be pretty awesome to scoop up a bigger name player..re sign Schneider and if we happen to get fayne back for a reasonable deal that would be cool too
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#788 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

so now after the Volch buyout, how much money do we have to spend this offseason? 

Capgeek shows the Devils cap space at $13,964,166 so im guessing thats the number, with just the CBGB line needing resigned. say they make exactly what they did last year, the three of them would cost us $1,935,000

that leaves us with $12,029,166 to spend.. that actually puts us in pretty good shape.

#789 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

statments like this make me all giddy.  now, odds are it may be smoke and i don't want to get my hopes up...

but perfectly possible that we get a very exciting week

Agree, but I find Botta doesn't really throw out opinionated garbage when he tweets (unlike Larry Brooks; completely different writers altogether). It'll usually be related to a story he's currently working on. Maybe he's putting up a story with a few soundbytes from Harris (not Lou of course) that hint that we'll be spending money this week; who knows, we'll see :)

#790 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

so now after the Volch buyout, how much money do we have to spend this offseason? 

Capgeek shows the Devils cap space at $13,964,166 so im guessing thats the number, with just the CBGB line needing resigned. say they make exactly what they did last year, the three of them would cost us $1,935,000

that leaves us with $12,029,166 to spend.. that actually puts us in pretty good shape.

Not sure if we should resign the whole GBGB line... Carter for SURE, Gionta its a no brainer knowing how Deboer is horny on the guy. I dont mind Bernier but I dont see where's the room... like i posted earlier...

Henrique - Zajac - Jagr

Clowe - Elias - Brunner

Ruutu - Zubrus - Ryder

Carter - Josefson - S.Gionta

Even lets say we sign a UFA like Statsny. It bumps down everyone and we'll have a "too good" player sitting possibly. Well i guess it's gonna be Josefson again getting the bench treatment

www.SterioDesign.com

#791 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,654 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

I believe Josefson needs to be signed as well? Am I wrong?

#792 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

I believe Josefson needs to be signed as well? Am I wrong?

not necessarily right? Since I think he's RFA

#793 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

I think that Carter is due a raise to 900k 1M range...

Posted Image

#794 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

Briere for Parenteau. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#795 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,619 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Briere for Parenteau. 

Is Parenteau really worth that little?

hxMQPDl.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#796 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

geeez i use to see Parenteau downtown at the bar all the time and NO ONE would know who he was. never saw a single person going to him knowing he was an NHL player. Was just sitting there by himself texting all the time.... its about to change now that he'll be in Habs territory

www.SterioDesign.com

#797 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,652 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Good lord, can we have any semblance of organization to any threads on this forum?  This thread is supposed to be about the Devils' offseason.  

That said, NJ is one of the few teams for whom information about their RFA tenders has yet to leak.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#798 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

Devils defense at the moment:

Greene-Merrill

Gelinas-Larsson

Salvador-Zidlicky

Harrold

I think this is how it is going into the season. I would be terribly disappointed if Lou brings in another defenseman over the summer on anything other than a PTO. it's going to be some serious sink or swim time with the kids. and albany's d will certainly get their chance when injuries happen.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#799 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Devils defense at the moment:

Greene-Merrill
Gelinas-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Harrold

I think this is how it is going into the season. I would be terribly disappointed if Lou brings in another defenseman over the summer on anything other than a PTO. it's going to be some serious sink or swim time with the kids. and albany's d will certainly get their chance when injuries happen.

It's a beautiful lineup, can't wait to see these kids play.

#800 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Greene- Fayne
Merrill Zidlicky
Gelinas-Larsson
Salvador

Only if Faynes $ and term are reasonable. If we lose him I wouldn't mind Stralman, but I think he is trying to cash in. However staying in the metro area might be important enough for him to take a little less. All in all I think they need to find a solid RH D man. Wonder what Corey Murphy is up to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users