951 replies to this topic

#781 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

the clowe signing is without a doubt going to wind up being a bad contract hes not going to be able to stay healthy.. if he cant stay healthy and play his tough enforcer type physical game than he is useless to us..enough with damaged scraps for goods that we always wind up with..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#782 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

the clowe signing is without a doubt going to wind up being a bad contract hes not going to be able to stay healthy.. if he cant stay healthy and play his tough enforcer type physical game than he is useless to us..enough with damaged scraps for goods that we always wind up with..

Clowe is not an enforcer. Not anymore. He can play that game, but his game is going to change to just being able to clear room for other players and being able to pass well.  He looked good when he wasn't hurt and pretty much what you can expect from him when he's not playing with Joe Thornton or Pavelski.  Still not the best contract, but he was a guy like Clarkson, but better than Clarkson, who we paid less for than Clarkson.  So I don't know, but I still think Clowe passes for a good hockey player. 

Edited by RizzMB30, 30 June 2014 - 03:21 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#783 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

http://www.hockey30....evils-sabres-p/

so this based in quebec is stating that Gionta felt insulted by Bergevin's offer (1 year) i guess he really lowballed him (at least in his mind) and that he'll likely go somewhere else.

Also says that his agent had discussion with NJ, Buffalo and Florida. But that the $ is the #1 thing for his next contract.

I dont even see the need for Gionta other than Lou wanting to get yet another ex devils and get the brothers together.

We have Jagr who's our top RW so far. Brunner and Ryder are there too... so throw Gionta on top of that? none of them are really 4th line kind of guys and they would all be pretty interchangeable.

Henrique - Zajac - Jagr

Clowe - Elias - Brunner

Ruutu - Zubrus - Ryder

Carter - Josefson - Sislo

i wan't Carter absolutely back in the lineup but here's what he have even without both Giontas... other than Sislo? who can we even bump out? plus that's really not a great lineup.

www.SterioDesign.com

#784 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Five years was dumb but I'm sure others were offering at least 3-4. Clowe also has a specific skillset we needed, and gets ridiculously overpaid in FA because there aren't many physical players who score goals (see: Clarkson, David).

Well Clowe isn't among them himself in that group.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#785 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Goddamn that Ruutu Zubrus Ryder line aka the Molasses line.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#786 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Goddamn that Ruutu Zubrus Ryder line aka the Molasses line.

It would take every ounce of Doc's professional broadcasting experience to make that line sound exciting every time they hit the ice.

#787 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

"@ChrisBottaNHL: New Jersey Devils will be busy this week. Second-year owners don't want to miss the playoffs again."

^^Nothing we didn't know, but good to hear right after the Volchenkov buyout, for anyone who felt Harris was keen on tanking for some picks (for whatever reason). Curious if Botta got this from the horse's mouth.

#788 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

http://www.hockey30....evils-sabres-p/

so this based in quebec is stating that Gionta felt insulted by Bergevin's offer (1 year) i guess he really lowballed him (at least in his mind) and that he'll likely go somewhere else.

Also says that his agent had discussion with NJ, Buffalo and Florida. But that the $ is the #1 thing for his next contract.

And we just bought out Volch...hmmmm.....

#789 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Clowe is not an enforcer. Not anymore. He can play that game, but his game is going to change to just being able to clear room for other players and being able to pass well.  He looked good when he wasn't hurt and pretty much what you can expect from him when he's not playing with Joe Thornton or Pavelski.  Still not the best contract, but he was a guy like Clarkson, but better than Clarkson, who we paid less for than Clarkson.  So I don't know, but I still think Clowe passes for a good hockey player.

the biggest issue with him which is a major concern is his health.. he can contribute to the team I believe but hes just damaged goods at this point theres no way he is able to stay healthy for lonh periods of time
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#790 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

"@ChrisBottaNHL: New Jersey Devils will be busy this week. Second-year owners don't want to miss the playoffs again."

^^Nothing we didn't know, but good to hear right after the Volchenkov buyout, for anyone who felt Harris was keen on tanking for some picks (for whatever reason). Curious if Botta got this from the horse's mouth.

yeah for sure the owners had to put money in this year if they wanted to get the team back on track. I dont see how they could have brough back the team really competitive while dealing with an internal cap

www.SterioDesign.com

#791 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

statments like this make me all giddy.  now, odds are it may be smoke and i don't want to get my hopes up...

but perfectly possible that we get a very exciting week

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#792 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

im hoping that we do get something to be excited about that would be pretty awesome to scoop up a bigger name player..re sign Schneider and if we happen to get fayne back for a reasonable deal that would be cool too
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#793 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

so now after the Volch buyout, how much money do we have to spend this offseason? 

Capgeek shows the Devils cap space at $13,964,166 so im guessing thats the number, with just the CBGB line needing resigned. say they make exactly what they did last year, the three of them would cost us $1,935,000

that leaves us with $12,029,166 to spend.. that actually puts us in pretty good shape.

#794 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

statments like this make me all giddy.  now, odds are it may be smoke and i don't want to get my hopes up...

but perfectly possible that we get a very exciting week

Agree, but I find Botta doesn't really throw out opinionated garbage when he tweets (unlike Larry Brooks; completely different writers altogether). It'll usually be related to a story he's currently working on. Maybe he's putting up a story with a few soundbytes from Harris (not Lou of course) that hint that we'll be spending money this week; who knows, we'll see :)

#795 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

so now after the Volch buyout, how much money do we have to spend this offseason? 

Capgeek shows the Devils cap space at $13,964,166 so im guessing thats the number, with just the CBGB line needing resigned. say they make exactly what they did last year, the three of them would cost us $1,935,000

that leaves us with $12,029,166 to spend.. that actually puts us in pretty good shape.

Not sure if we should resign the whole GBGB line... Carter for SURE, Gionta its a no brainer knowing how Deboer is horny on the guy. I dont mind Bernier but I dont see where's the room... like i posted earlier...

Henrique - Zajac - Jagr

Clowe - Elias - Brunner

Ruutu - Zubrus - Ryder

Carter - Josefson - S.Gionta

Even lets say we sign a UFA like Statsny. It bumps down everyone and we'll have a "too good" player sitting possibly. Well i guess it's gonna be Josefson again getting the bench treatment

www.SterioDesign.com

#796 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

I believe Josefson needs to be signed as well? Am I wrong?

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#797 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

I believe Josefson needs to be signed as well? Am I wrong?

not necessarily right? Since I think he's RFA

#798 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

I think that Carter is due a raise to 900k 1M range...

Posted Image

#799 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

Briere for Parenteau. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#800 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Briere for Parenteau. 

Is Parenteau really worth that little?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users