• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Greene- Fayne
Merrill Zidlicky
Gelinas-Larsson
Salvador

Only if Faynes $ and term are reasonable. If we lose him I wouldn't mind Stralman, but I think he is trying to cash in. However staying in the metro area might be important enough for him to take a little less. All in all I think they need to find a solid RH D man. Wonder what Corey Murphy is up to?

This would be perfect for me, re-sign Fayne and keep sal in a minimal role OR not sign anyone and give a chance to the kids once in awhile

www.SterioDesign.com

#802 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,711 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Just wasting your time putting any defensive group together with Salvador as the 7th defenseman.

In other news...it's possible Mathieu Perrault becomes a UFA. He's someone I hope the Devils would have interest in.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#803 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,450 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

It's a beautiful lineup, can't wait to see these kids play.

be careful what you wish for - i could see plenty of growing pains and a drop in the effectiveness of the PK.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#804 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

be careful what you wish for - i could see plenty of growing pains and a drop in the effectiveness of the PK.

This group will be very strong 5 on 5 playing behind our system. Will the PK lose some effectiveness? Maybe a little.

I will not miss Volchenkovs passing abilities, or lack there of.

Edited by Zubie#8, 30 June 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#805 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,658 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

The PK is going to drop in effectiveness but Volchenkov was certainly a drag on shots for 5 on 5.  And it's not like NJ didn't see plenty of those 3 young D last year.  I think they're going to look into someone else, maybe only on a one year deal though.  Another thing they could do is trade one of the young D for an older D who carries some salary + a forward (who may or may not carry salary).

Edited by Triumph, 30 June 2014 - 02:26 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#806 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

volchenkov missed a good amount of games last year and it didnt seem like we missed a beat while he was gone either

www.SterioDesign.com

#807 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,667 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

volchenkov missed a good amount of games last year and it didnt seem like we missed a beat while he was gone either

Agreed. Volchenkov is just a mass of spare parts now.

#808 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,630 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Lamoriello: Devils made Fayne "a good offer" & still want him back, but "might not be able to compete with the numbers that are out there."

From TG. This sounds oh too familiar.

Think Fayne's a goner unfortunately.

hxMQPDl.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#809 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Lamoriello: Devils made Fayne "a good offer" & still want him back, but "might not be able to compete with the numbers that are out there."

Just don't go to the Rangers Fayner.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#810 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

Just don't go to the Rangers Fayner.

i agree. a guy's gotta get paid, and he deserves a decent payday. just not if its gonna mess this team up cap-wise.

and yes, please not to the Flyers either

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#811 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

:(

#812 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I wouldn't be surprised, Fayne will get some serious offers from several teams. I can see a team like Edmonton offering well over market price just to get a solid dman there for a long term. 5 years x 5 million is possible, and if that's what he gets honestly ill be fine if he does go. He's a nice piece to have at half that price or term, but we hopefully have guys in the org that we'll need spots for in the coming years, and you can't keep everybody.

#813 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

5m a year for Fayne is stupid money. Good for him if he can get it but we aren't in a pressing spot to sign him. Resigning Greene to an extension would be ideal though.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#814 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

I wouldn't be surprised, Fayne will get some serious offers from several teams. I can see a team like Edmonton offering well over market price just to get a solid dman there for a long term. 5 years x 5 million is possible, and if that's what he gets honestly ill be fine if he does go. He's a nice piece to have at half that price or term, but we hopefully have guys in the org that we'll need spots for in the coming years, and you can't keep everybody.

The most I'd give him is 3/11. We have an overflow of young cheap d. No need to break the bank on a guy like Fayne, who while good, isn't anything special. I think he could get as much as $4.5M per on the open market. Hopefully he doesn't go across the river.

#815 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

The most I'd give him is 3/11. We have an overflow of young cheap d. No need to break the bank on a guy like Fayne, who while good, isn't anything special. I think he could get as much as $4.5M per on the open market. Hopefully he doesn't go across the river.

Some team will pay a premium that has lots of holes and needs defense right away. That's why the market is sometimes really relative and subjective than absolute. Quite a few teams even decent ones have some holes in their defensive corps. While we'd love to bring Fayne back we have some depth and quite a few prospects coming. As Tri alluded to you can find a Fayne type once the frenzy dies down to play on the back end.

It's how you allocate your money. A team like Edmonton needs to and can splurge on Fayne because they have no hope for spending money on a quality goalie. That's why when teams say they have cap space it's all relative. Now our forward situation well that's a bit messy now and moving forward.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#816 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Maybe Fayne goes to TB if they strikeout on Stralman, Boyle, or Niskinen.

#817 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

I think we missed this article from Chere. A lot of promising quotes from Lou. No need to overeact but it's better than nothing

http://www.nj.com/de...nt_forward.html

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#818 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

no comment on brodeur...hmm
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#819 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

I think we missed this article from Chere. A lot of promising quotes from Lou. No need to overeact but it's better than nothing

http://www.nj.com/de...nt_forward.html

I'm pumped.  Good find.  It could be anyone. Actually it's probably Gionta.  :glare:   But seriously, I'm hoping for Vrbata or Michalek, maybe :pray: plus Sekac, I call that not a terrible offseason.  A great offseason after that would be Fayne resigning, but I'm not holding my breath because he's probably going to be overpaid.  

no comment on brodeur...hmm

Because I think he has put Brodeur behind him, unless Marty can't find a job elsewhere.  He's ignoring the question because he's already made his statements on that topic.

Edited by RizzMB30, 01 July 2014 - 05:06 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#820 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

Lamoriello said he hopes to keep fourth-line forwards Ryan Carter, Steve Bernier and Stephen Gionta.

"Nothing has been done yet. We certainly would like to retain them," the GM said. "We just have to see where the prices are."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users