• 887 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

How about this

Damien Brunner  Patrick Elias  Martin Havlat

Ryane Clowe  Travis Zajac  Jaromir Jagr

Mike Cammalleri Adam Henrique  Michael Ryder

Tuomo Ruutu  Stephen Gionta  Dainius Zubrus

Steve Bernier

Yeah, I am really curious to see the line combos with the amount of top 9 players we seem to have.  Hopefully there is some chemistry right off the bat.

Posted Image

#842 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

How about this

Damien Brunner  Patrick Elias  Martin Havlat

Ryane Clowe  Travis Zajac  Jaromir Jagr

Mike Cammalleri Adam Henrique  Michael Ryder

Tuomo Ruutu  Stephen Gionta  Dainius Zubrus

Steve Bernier

im sure we will get to see some different combinations but im still thinking there is a trade thats going to happen especially if they end up signing carter
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#843 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Lou was lamenting the fact that we did not have a third line that could score last year, so having plenty of top 9 forwards to fill in for injuries or poor play is needed. Pretty confused as to why having too many top 9 forwards is a problem....

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#844 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

One thing we know from the last few weeks is that Lou and Pete are completely on the same page with what they like and dislike about this team, and what they feel is needed to make the playoffs. I'll expect Lou to ship out Brunner, Ryder or Josefson in the coming weeks.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#845 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

One thing we know from the last few weeks is that Lou and Pete are completely on the same page with what they like and dislike about this team, and what they feel is needed to make the playoffs. I'll expect Lou to ship out Brunner, Ryder or Josefson in the coming weeks.

Josefson was just signed, I find it unlikely he is traded.  It will be Ryder or Brunner for spare parts. 

EDIT: Or an 8th defenseman. 

Edited by RizzMB30, 02 July 2014 - 10:51 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#846 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Josefson was just signed, I find it unlikely he is traded.  It will be Ryder or Brunner for spare parts. 

I don't believe he has been signed yet.  He was just given a qualifying offer.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#847 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,335 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Lou trade Brunner or Ryder, both frustrated me to no end last year. I feel like Ryder would be easier to move since he's had success in the past. I think the writing is on the wall for Josefson. Either they're going to try to trade him or they'll try to slip him through waivers I guess.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#848 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Havlat

Clowe-Josefson-Brunner

Ruutu-Zubrus-Bernier

Greene-Merril
Gelinas-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky

This is the lineup I want. Would have liked to have seen us pick up Mathieu Perreault as a 3C especially since I think he's a relative bargain at $3M per.

#849 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Lou trade Brunner or Ryder, both frustrated me to no end last year. I feel like Ryder would be easier to move since he's had success in the past. I think the writing is on the wall for Josefson. Either they're going to try to trade him or they'll try to slip him through waivers I guess.

I think Brunner brings something to the table. Ryder to me is so one dimensional. Problem is, I doubt there are any teams hungry for his services.  But it is a big year for him, playing for next years contract. Hopefully he'll (and Brunner as well) be better. 

One thing I love about PDB, he holds you accountable. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#850 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

How much do you think Sunny Mehta & his stats had to do with any of the signings if at all? 

Posted Image

#851 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Clowe-Josefson-Brunner
Ruutu-Zubrus-Bernier

Greene-Merril
Gelinas-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky

This is the lineup I want. Would have liked to have seen us pick up Mathieu Perreault as a 3C especially since I think he's a relative bargain at $3M per.

why do people keep putting havlat on the rw? Isn't he a lefty and has played lw his entire career?

Edit: also, you're crazy to think that if Ryder is here he won't be in the lineup. Any lineup without him in it is not happening unless he's traded.

Edited by dmann422, 03 July 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#852 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

why do people keep putting havlat on the rw? Isn't he a lefty and has played lw his entire career?

Edit: also, you're crazy to think that if Ryder is here he won't be in the lineup. Any lineup without him in it is not happening unless he's traded.

Wiki, NHL and Capgeek all list him as RW. 

Edited by Namelesz, 03 July 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#853 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Wiki, NHL and Capgeek all list him as RW.

hmm wiki says lw but nhl does say rw. He is a lefty shooter and we all know how Pete likes his sticks to the boards. I'll be surprised if he plays rw unless Pete wants to force feed both havlat and henrique on Elias's line. Even then it means either Ryder or Brunner on the 4th line and I don't think that's happening.

Oh well I guess it's still way too early for line predictions.

#854 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

hmm wiki says lw but nhl does say rw. He is a lefty shooter and we all know how Pete likes his sticks to the boards. I'll be surprised if he plays rw unless Pete wants to force feed both havlat and henrique on Elias's line. Even then it means either Ryder or Brunner on the 4th line and I don't think that's happening.

Oh well I guess it's still way too early for line predictions.

He's mostly been an RW in his career, even in Ottawa where they were relatively weak down the left side.  He can play LW but the Devils have more LWs than RWs and I suspect he'll be used as an RW.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#855 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

He's mostly been an RW in his career, even in Ottawa where they were relatively weak down the left side. He can play LW but the Devils have more LWs than RWs and I suspect he'll be used as an RW.

hmmm true, as it stands now don't you think henrique is still at center? If so that leaves us with cammalleri, clowe and ruutu at left wing.I would think Pete will try some different combos in camp and preseason, there are some flex guys like zubrus and havlat who can move around.

#856 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Well, that's something - I didn't realize Jacob Josefson was eligible for arbitration.  They might Mark Fraser him into going to arbitration, and buy out either Zubrus or Ryder during the 2nd buyout period.  Brunner is not eligible to be bought out during the 2nd buyout period.  It seems unlikely - NJ has cap room at the moment - but something to keep in mind.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#857 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

How much do you think Sunny Mehta & his stats had to do with any of the signings if at all? 

Not sure really, we know Cammalleri's been on Lou's radar for at least 5 months, and Havlat may have just been a Lou/Elias intuition signing. 

Maybe he'll be involved in picking who gets traded now and maybe for which prospects in return? Who knows..

#858 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

Well, that's something - I didn't realize Jacob Josefson was eligible for arbitration.  They might Mark Fraser him into going to arbitration, and buy out either Zubrus or Ryder during the 2nd buyout period.  Brunner is not eligible to be bought out during the 2nd buyout period.  It seems unlikely - NJ has cap room at the moment - but something to keep in mind.

i would be aggravated with a ryder buyout - i cannot believe there isn't some team that wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for him.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#859 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

No way Zubrus gets bought out. If Lou felt comfortable giving him a 3-year deal last off-season, he probably doesn't realize how much his game slipped this past season. With Lou and Pete are praising Gionta for doing a bit of everything, well then they have to love Zubrus because he can do a bit everything as well...and a lot better than Gionta.

Players like Zubrus only get bought out after it's clear how awful they are. If you are a coaches favourite, they never really see the initial slippage. The buyout *might* happen next season.

I'm with Sundstrom that I can't see Ryder getting bought out. Someone should want to take a flyer on him. Devils might have to take back some salary though.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#860 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

http://blogs.northje...ry_near_future/

Lou says he hopes to lock in Schneider in the "very near future." Also plans to reach out to Green about an extension this summer

Edited by Onddeck, 03 July 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users