946 replies to this topic

#841 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Josefson was just signed, I find it unlikely he is traded.  It will be Ryder or Brunner for spare parts. 

I don't believe he has been signed yet.  He was just given a qualifying offer.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#842 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

One thing we know from the last few weeks is that Lou and Pete are completely on the same page with what they like and dislike about this team, and what they feel is needed to make the playoffs. I'll expect Lou to ship out Brunner, Ryder or Josefson in the coming weeks.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lou trade Brunner or Ryder, both frustrated me to no end last year. I feel like Ryder would be easier to move since he's had success in the past. I think the writing is on the wall for Josefson. Either they're going to try to trade him or they'll try to slip him through waivers I guess.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#843 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Havlat

Clowe-Josefson-Brunner

Ruutu-Zubrus-Bernier

Greene-Merril
Gelinas-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky

This is the lineup I want. Would have liked to have seen us pick up Mathieu Perreault as a 3C especially since I think he's a relative bargain at $3M per.

#844 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Lou trade Brunner or Ryder, both frustrated me to no end last year. I feel like Ryder would be easier to move since he's had success in the past. I think the writing is on the wall for Josefson. Either they're going to try to trade him or they'll try to slip him through waivers I guess.

I think Brunner brings something to the table. Ryder to me is so one dimensional. Problem is, I doubt there are any teams hungry for his services.  But it is a big year for him, playing for next years contract. Hopefully he'll (and Brunner as well) be better. 

One thing I love about PDB, he holds you accountable. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#845 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

How much do you think Sunny Mehta & his stats had to do with any of the signings if at all? 

Posted Image

#846 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Clowe-Josefson-Brunner
Ruutu-Zubrus-Bernier

Greene-Merril
Gelinas-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky

This is the lineup I want. Would have liked to have seen us pick up Mathieu Perreault as a 3C especially since I think he's a relative bargain at $3M per.

why do people keep putting havlat on the rw? Isn't he a lefty and has played lw his entire career?

Edit: also, you're crazy to think that if Ryder is here he won't be in the lineup. Any lineup without him in it is not happening unless he's traded.

Edited by dmann422, 03 July 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#847 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

why do people keep putting havlat on the rw? Isn't he a lefty and has played lw his entire career?

Edit: also, you're crazy to think that if Ryder is here he won't be in the lineup. Any lineup without him in it is not happening unless he's traded.

Wiki, NHL and Capgeek all list him as RW. 

Edited by Namelesz, 03 July 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#848 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Wiki, NHL and Capgeek all list him as RW.

hmm wiki says lw but nhl does say rw. He is a lefty shooter and we all know how Pete likes his sticks to the boards. I'll be surprised if he plays rw unless Pete wants to force feed both havlat and henrique on Elias's line. Even then it means either Ryder or Brunner on the 4th line and I don't think that's happening.

Oh well I guess it's still way too early for line predictions.

#849 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,930 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

hmm wiki says lw but nhl does say rw. He is a lefty shooter and we all know how Pete likes his sticks to the boards. I'll be surprised if he plays rw unless Pete wants to force feed both havlat and henrique on Elias's line. Even then it means either Ryder or Brunner on the 4th line and I don't think that's happening.

Oh well I guess it's still way too early for line predictions.

He's mostly been an RW in his career, even in Ottawa where they were relatively weak down the left side.  He can play LW but the Devils have more LWs than RWs and I suspect he'll be used as an RW.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#850 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

He's mostly been an RW in his career, even in Ottawa where they were relatively weak down the left side. He can play LW but the Devils have more LWs than RWs and I suspect he'll be used as an RW.

hmmm true, as it stands now don't you think henrique is still at center? If so that leaves us with cammalleri, clowe and ruutu at left wing.I would think Pete will try some different combos in camp and preseason, there are some flex guys like zubrus and havlat who can move around.

#851 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,930 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Well, that's something - I didn't realize Jacob Josefson was eligible for arbitration.  They might Mark Fraser him into going to arbitration, and buy out either Zubrus or Ryder during the 2nd buyout period.  Brunner is not eligible to be bought out during the 2nd buyout period.  It seems unlikely - NJ has cap room at the moment - but something to keep in mind.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#852 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

How much do you think Sunny Mehta & his stats had to do with any of the signings if at all? 

Not sure really, we know Cammalleri's been on Lou's radar for at least 5 months, and Havlat may have just been a Lou/Elias intuition signing. 

Maybe he'll be involved in picking who gets traded now and maybe for which prospects in return? Who knows..

#853 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

Well, that's something - I didn't realize Jacob Josefson was eligible for arbitration.  They might Mark Fraser him into going to arbitration, and buy out either Zubrus or Ryder during the 2nd buyout period.  Brunner is not eligible to be bought out during the 2nd buyout period.  It seems unlikely - NJ has cap room at the moment - but something to keep in mind.

i would be aggravated with a ryder buyout - i cannot believe there isn't some team that wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for him.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

sundstrom jersey signature

“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#854 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

No way Zubrus gets bought out. If Lou felt comfortable giving him a 3-year deal last off-season, he probably doesn't realize how much his game slipped this past season. With Lou and Pete are praising Gionta for doing a bit of everything, well then they have to love Zubrus because he can do a bit everything as well...and a lot better than Gionta.

Players like Zubrus only get bought out after it's clear how awful they are. If you are a coaches favourite, they never really see the initial slippage. The buyout *might* happen next season.

I'm with Sundstrom that I can't see Ryder getting bought out. Someone should want to take a flyer on him. Devils might have to take back some salary though.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#855 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

http://blogs.northje...ry_near_future/

Lou says he hopes to lock in Schneider in the "very near future." Also plans to reach out to Green about an extension this summer

Edited by Onddeck, 03 July 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#856 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

http://blogs.northje...ry_near_future/
Lou says he hopes to lock in Schneider in the "very near future." Also plans to reach out to Green about an extension this summer

great news.. although im hoping cory doesnt get more then like 5 years no need to over do it when it can always be extended and i want to see green as the next cap.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#857 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

If Lou is going out of his way saying he is very comfortable to say that he expects it to be done soon, I expect it sometime early next week.

#858 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

I know with roughly 14 forwards and 7D penciled into opening night, NJ is A-OK to start the year.  But knowing who those forwards are, what is the official consensus around here as to if NJ will make a trade?  They do seem to have 5 lines that can play minutes presently, so it might make some sense to move some bodies around.  Or it may not (let competition drive the play).  I'm gonna say Ryder+Josefson to UFA-loser Team X for a Round 2 pick.

#859 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

I know with roughly 14 forwards and 7D penciled into opening night, NJ is A-OK to start the year.  But knowing who those forwards are, what is the official consensus around here as to if NJ will make a trade?  They do seem to have 5 lines that can play minutes presently, so it might make some sense to move some bodies around.  Or it may not (let competition drive the play).  I'm gonna say Ryder+Josefson to UFA-loser Team X for a Round 2 pick.

I might try to get an extra pick if we're sending JJ out too, a late round pick, but a pick nonetheless. I think Ryder should bring back a 3rd at least and maybe a even 2nd on his own if you get a team who thinks he can come in and score 25 goals.

#860 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Don't shoot the messenger but this is a very Lou-like deal. I don't know if he's credible but it sounds right.

NHL INSIDER @acall04 44m

Also hearing Schnieder 7yrs 40 mil

Again, just reporting what sounds right.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users