946 replies to this topic

#941 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

it's close, I mean you say henrique is a potential 30 goal scorer yet Kane has only scored 30 goals and 50 points once. It's not as if he's already a bonafide star. Take out the lockout year and their stats over the past 3 years are very similar. I'm sure Kane will be the better player in the end but henrique is a top end pker. It's close straight up but I'm not adding a first rounder or a prospect.

Your right it's not happening, not because we're not looking at Kane but because henrique will never be traded. But it's also July and we all miss hockey.

This.  Lou isn't going to give up what is an established two-way center for a player like that.  I believe you can call him an established 2-way player, but he's definitely still has more to prove on the offensive side of the puck.  Lou lives to have homegrown players like that.  You don't get far in this league without having depth in the center position, and getting rid of Henrique does hurt that, regardless whether Henrique is a better wing than a center.  You lose Henrique, you're down to Zajac and Elias, and who after them can play in the top 6 AND win draws?  You're looking at Ruutu, Zubrus, Josefson.  

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#942 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

Do not even think of trading this kid.

#943 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

"LeBron James announced he's going back to Cleveland on 1-year anniversary of Ilya Kovalchuk announcing he was going back to Russia. #notsame"

-TG.

#944 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'll like him a lot more when he figures out the defensive side of defense. This will be a big year for him.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#945 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

In that video, I find it funny how DeBoer thinks that Bernier is this gritty power forward that is really effective in front of the net.  I don't see it. If you just need a big body, that's what we pay Zubrus 3.1/year for.  Putting Bernier out there on a 4 on 4 in OT.  That's like putting Gionta out there because he has speed.  

#946 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,821 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

In that video, I find it funny how DeBoer thinks that Bernier is this gritty power forward that is really effective in front of the net.  I don't see it. If you just need a big body, that's what we pay Zubrus 3.1/year for.  Putting Bernier out there on a 4 on 4 in OT.  That's like putting Gionta out there because he has speed.  

I'll disagree. Bernier works with Gelinas' shot because unlike many of our top forwards, they don't want to get dirty. Bernier fully accepts that role and is willing to take the risk of getting a hard slapper to the face.

When Gelinas is on the ice, you still need a guy to screen the goalie. No matter how hard a player shoots from the point, a goalie will most likely stop it if they see it. Bernier is that guy.

It was a 4-on-3 PP, btw. That's the perfect time to go with Bernier.

Edited by devilsrule33, 11 July 2014 - 12:53 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#947 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'll disagree. Bernier works with Gelinas' shot because unlike many of our top forwards, they don't want to get dirty. Bernier fully accepts that role and is willing to take the risk of getting a hard slapper to the face.

When Gelinas is on the ice, you still need a guy to screen the goalie. No matter how hard a player shoots from the point, a goalie will most likely stop it if they see it. Bernier is that guy.

It was a 4-on-3 PP, btw. That's the perfect time to go with Bernier.

Oh, whoops, wasn't watching Rags players as much as the Devils, definitely my bad. I don't know, I think Zubrus would be just as effective in front of the goalie, if not better and harder to displace and remove.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users