951 replies to this topic

#141 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

I don't want Gionta but I can live with signing him if it meant either Ryder or Brunner are gone. That's really the only way I'd be ok with it though.

Re-sign Stephen Gionta, sign Brian Gionta, and give Kelly Zajac a NHL deal - 2 Gionta's and 2 Zajac's in one line up! :P

I'd like to see what Kelly has to offer at the NHL level for sure.  Just for curiosity sake, and he might turn out well.  I'm hoping Stephen Gionta isn't re-signed, but I have a feeling he will be....Let Bernier walk, keep Carter though.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#142 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

If Lou would have let Ryder wear his customary #73 he would have played better.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#143 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

I think it's almost a guarantee Gionta is a Devil next year, unless the Habs want him.

As others have said, it's a lateral move at best.. He's not much of an upgrade over Brunner and Ryder.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#144 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

I definitely agree. It's more like rearranging deck chairs in a sense. I'd just be more apathetic about it than upset over it. I've already resigned myself to the likelihood of a Gionta reunion happening.

I know I should listen to the stats and want them to keep Ryder since he's a candidate to have a bounceback year but man, do I hate seeing him play for the Devils. Can't recall the last Devil player I disliked so much.

Agree with all of this.  Really hope Gionta is not back here next season.  If he is, and Brodeur is somehow back too, I think I'm pretty close to giving up on Lou. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#145 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

anyone think Lou will go after Havlat cause he's close to Elias?

its been reported that Boyle and Havlat wont return to SJ

Edited by SterioDesign, 16 May 2014 - 09:07 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#146 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

anyone think Lou will go after Havlat cause he's close to Elias?

Trading for Havlat...ugh. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#147 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Havlat looks like he is through.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the KHL.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#148 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

I definitely agree. It's more like rearranging deck chairs in a sense. I'd just be more apathetic about it than upset over it. I've already resigned myself to the likelihood of a Gionta reunion happening.

I know I should listen to the stats and want them to keep Ryder since he's a candidate to have a bounceback year but man, do I hate seeing him play for the Devils. Can't recall the last Devil player I disliked so much.

I still don't dislike Ryder as much as I disliked Rolston 2.0 and Rob Niederglider. Those 2 were infuriating to watch.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#149 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

majority here do not want brian gionta back but i could totally see lou re signing him thats just a lou thing to do

I absolutely see Lou bringing back Gionta. He's like a kid in a candy store when there are available ex-Devils on the market. I honestly don't think this team is going anywhere as long as Lou is our GM. I know he's done great things for this organization and built championship teams, but his time has come and gone.

#150 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

Ryder this season looked like when you play NHL 13 and the battery on the controller runs out and the player just glides with his stick off the ice

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#151 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Ryder this season looked like when you play NHL 13 and the battery on the controller runs out and the player just glides with his stick off the ice

https://s.yimg.com/o...isconnected.gif

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#152 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,267 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Trading for Havlat...ugh. 

There was speculation yesterday that if they can't trade him, they'll buy him out. I still don't want him but if he has no suitors and Lou got him for very cheap I won't complain (too much). Seems like a lateral move at best, a disaster at worst.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#153 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Please Lou, NO to all ex Devils. Bring in folks younger.  No reclamation projects, please.  Yes, Ryder does suck, but we're stuck with him this year anyway.  

You folks are kidding me on Havlat.  He hops over the boards and he's gone for the year.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#154 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

There was speculation yesterday that if they can't trade him, they'll buy him out. I still don't want him but if he has no suitors and Lou got him for very cheap I won't complain (too much). Seems like a lateral move at best, a disaster at worst.

They are going to buy him out, no one is picking up that contract.  If they had any intention of trading him, they wouldn't announce to the world that he won't be there next year.

Edited by Triumph, 16 May 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#155 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Havlat hasn't been relevant since 2004

#156 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Havlat hasn't been relevant since 2004

I assume you're kidding?  Or would most NHL players not be considered relevant?

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#157 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

I assume you're kidding?  Or would most NHL players not be considered relevant?

Serious. Tell me he made a difference for any club after 2004 besides the 08-09 Hawks?

#158 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Sign gaborik instead!

(Main focus on statsny) 

#159 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Havlat + 3rd for Sal and Ryder?

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#160 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Havlat + 3rd for Sal and Ryder?

That's an awful trade for both sides.  Havlat is through, Ryder is probably not.  The Sharks have no need for Salvador.  The Sharks can just buy out Havlat and not pick up players they don't need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users