2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

what the hell...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#163 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

All you need is the "Brazzers" logo and that gif is complete. :lol:

n2eg.jpg

#164 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

http://www.sportsnet...-jersey-devils/
God please no...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#165 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

“I don’t know what the future holds. If he comes back, we welcome him with open arms,” Peter DeBoer told Brady and Walker on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Tuesday. “You can never have enough great goaltending. And if he’s not, and decides to move on, then I wish him all the best and I always will appreciate what he did for us during my time in New Jersey.”

“I got to see firsthand what separates him from the other goalies in the history of the game,” DeBoer added. “His ability to raise his game at key moments under pressure, at key times, it was a real privilege to witness that firsthand. We wouldn’t have got back in the [Stanley Cup] Final two years ago without him.”

---------

First bolded:  If that isn't Exhibit A as far a reason NOT to trust PDB with Marty on the roster next season, I don't know what is.  Jesus H, maybe he's saying it because he knows Marty won't be back next season so he's taking the high road, but saying Marty's still great just makes him look like an idiot (and I don't think Pete is a idiot at all, but I can't take the way everyone has to tiptoe around the fact that Marty isn't good anymore...especially when Marty doesn't exactly shy away from throwing his teammates under the bus). 

Second bolded:  Marty was good in the playoffs in 2012.  He was very good overall in the last 51 games of that season and I've said that many times.  June 2012 has no relevance in October 2014, when next season will begin.  Neither does anything Marty did as a younger player in his prime.  He's not that player anymore, and he never will be again.  One Lifetime Achievement contract under VERY understandable circumstances was fine.  A second one isn't.  God I hope Lou isn't putting on his leather jacket, sizing up his water skis, and talking a nice long gander at the ramp, with the shark circling just beyond it.  Please God no...

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#166 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

I'd welcome Marty back too.  He just won't get many starts.  I'm okay with this.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#167 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

I'd welcome Marty back too.  He just won't get many starts.  I'm okay with this.

Why?  Based on the last two seasons, you don't think there's someone out there who will be better than Marty's been...probably at a lower cost to boot, and is truly willing to think of himself as a backup?  Marty wasn't much better than replacement level the past two seasons, save for a couple of fairly brief hot spells.  Do the Devils really need a 42-year-old fading backup?  The Devils look like they're going to need as many points as they can get...Marty's more likely to cost them points at this stage. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#168 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

oh here we go with whats going to be the start of another brodeur haters club..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#169 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

You have to imagine that someone else in the NHL is this stupid, though.  There is some hope for that - I mean, if DeBoer is this dumb, someone else must be.  There was at least one other team offering Clarkson more money last July 1, for instance.  Could St. Louis make an offer?  They were dumb enough to sell off a bunch of stuff for a goalie who wasn't better than their present goalie, and everyone seems to think Miller is headed elsewhere.

Edited by Triumph, 27 May 2014 - 02:54 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#170 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

i wouldnt mind brodeur coming back as a back up
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#171 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

oh here we go with whats going to be the start of another brodeur haters club..

I don't hate him at all.  Appreciate everything he did for as long as he did it.  Doesn't mean he should be here forever.  And the backup games are important too, especially for a team that is going to have to scratch and claw for their points.  I'm not putting a .901 guy in for 20-25 games. 

You have to imagine that someone else in the NHL is this stupid, though.  There is some hope for that - I mean, if DeBoer is this dumb, someone else must be.  There was at least one other team offering Clarkson more money last July 1, for instance.  Could St. Louis make an offer? They were dumb enough to sell off a bunch of stuff for a goalie who wasn't better than their present goalie, and everyone seems to think Miller is headed elsewhere.

As long as he's not coming back here. 

#30 FOREVER!

#172 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Fans wanting Brodeur back are wanting him back solely based on sentimental reasons.  There is no way anyone can objectively say he is affective #1 or co-number #1 or even a backup.

The only way he should ever come back is as a backup playing 20 games or less.  That's it.  If he doesn't make 700 wins like a lot of fans (and I believe Marty does too) then tough sh!t. 

#173 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

I think you guys are taking Pete too literally.  He banished Marty for long stretches in late January and late in the season.  He's just saying what he has to say for public consumption because let's face it, Marty's still a lot more popular than Pete.  You're not going to get anywhere publicly ripping Marty, no matter whether it's true or not.

Personally I'd be a lot more worried about what Lou says/does vis-a-vis Marty than Pete.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 May 2014 - 03:09 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#174 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

I think you guys are taking Pete too literally.  He banished Marty for long stretches in late January and late in the season.  He's just saying what he has to say for public consumption because let's face it, Marty's still a lot more popular than Pete.  You're not going to get anywhere publicly ripping Marty, no matter whether it's true or not.

Personally I'd be a lot more worried about what Lou says/does vis-a-vis Marty than Pete.

Agreed.  I'm not saying hold on for sentimental reasons, or hold on at all.  I'm simply trying to again make the point, that who is Marty going to go to when he can't find a job elsewhere in the NHL?  Lou Lameriello.  I'm okay if he leaves, okay if he comes back.  We'd probably be better off if he didn't come back, but circumstances are that he has abysmal stats and only his historical pedigree to help him gain a contract. 

#175 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

Fans wanting Brodeur back are wanting him back solely based on sentimental reasons.  There is no way anyone can objectively say he is affective #1 or co-number #1 or even a backup.

The only way he should ever come back is as a backup playing 20 games or less.  That's it.  If he doesn't make 700 wins like a lot of fans (and I believe Marty does too) then tough sh!t. 

You accused fans of only wanting him back for 'solely' sentimental reasons, but then you say "There is no way he's an effective backup" but then, "Oh, only 20 games or less"

#176 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

You accused fans of only wanting him back for 'solely' sentimental reasons, but then you say "There is no way he's an effective backup" but then, "Oh, only 20 games or less"

He is not an effective backup at all.  However, if he were to come back (which none of us have any power over), he should get no more than 20 games at the very most.  If I had my way he would be out of the organization but this is not how Lou and Pete are thinking right now apparently.

Nice try on trying to MB me.

#177 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

You have to imagine that someone else in the NHL is this stupid, though.  There is some hope for that - I mean, if DeBoer is this dumb, someone else must be.  There was at least one other team offering Clarkson more money last July 1, for instance.  Could St. Louis make an offer?  They were dumb enough to sell off a bunch of stuff for a goalie who wasn't better than their present goalie, and everyone seems to think Miller is headed elsewhere.

It's more than "seems" to think

Miller is out of St Louis

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...bname=nhl-blues

#178 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

wonder who's gonna go for Miller. I would say Vancouver but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to go younger...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#179 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

wonder who's gonna go for Miller. I would say Vancouver but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to go younger...

Good question.  Winnipeg?  They can't be holding on faith with Pavelec for much longer.  Back to Buffalo?  Minnesota is possible.  Tampa Bay paired up with Ben Bishop would give Tampa a good 1-2 unit.  

#180 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

What kind of terms did Miller leave Buffalo on?  I don't remember.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users