Sun 11/9     Pittsburgh            1 PM

BYE - Week 11

Sun 11/23   @ Buffalo             1 PM

Mon 12/1    Miami                    8:30 PM - MNF

Sun 12/7     @ Minnesota        1 PM

Sun 12/14   @ Tennessee      4:05 PM

Sun 12/21   New England        1 PM

Sun 12/28   @ Miami               1 PM

Right now slated for three prime-time games but that could go up with the NFL's new liberal flex schedule that starts in Week 5 for Sunday night games. 

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

The last two weeks of the season will be interesting games.   But otherwise it looks like a very easy schedule.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

3 days of rest between Denver and NE...nice :puke:

god I hate Thursday night football

Edited by '7', 24 April 2014 - 05:17 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

3 days of rest between Denver and NE...nice :puke:

god I hate Thursday night football

I agree

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#5 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...of-the-question

..alot of whispers suggesting the Jets are going to go defense AGAIN in the first round.

If this indeed transpires.. playoffs or not, Rex isn't going anywhere until 2016. (earliest) It would be the 6th straight defensive player selected in the 1st round, and would really prove that Ryan still has a firm grasp on the personnel determined on this team. Questions will be answered next week. #StayTuned. :thumbsup:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#6 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

The Rex Ryan draft record, to my mind has not been very good.  Idzik may override him this year.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#7 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

The thing that scares me as a Fins fan is a possible move up for Sammy Watkins. Don't need that dude in the division.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#8 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...of-the-question

..alot of whispers suggesting the Jets are going to go defense AGAIN in the first round.

If this indeed transpires.. playoffs or not, Rex isn't going anywhere until 2016. (earliest) It would be the 6th straight defensive player selected in the 1st round, and would really prove that Ryan still has a firm grasp on the personnel determined on this team. Questions will be answered next week. #StayTuned. :thumbsup:

ha, that would be nuts, but I think this draft is just too deep at WR (and a need still exists there for us) for the Jets to go CB

Unless of course they use some of their lower pics to get two first rounders, and grab a CB and WR...but I still kind of just want an offensive bounty in 2014. 

WR at 1

TE at 2

then Rex and Idzik can go play around with whatever they want in rounds 3 and beyond.

We have 3 4th rounders. You can stock up on a CB, Safety, and maybe even a tackle there.

I could see the Jets finally attempting to land that edge rusher in round 3.

Edited by '7', 28 April 2014 - 12:05 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#9 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

The thing that scares me as a Fins fan is a possible move up for Sammy Watkins. Don't need that dude in the division.

It would take too many picks to do it. Idzik is too slow and methodical. 

I could see the Jets trading to get a second first round pick...but they're not going all the way up to Watkins when they can just stay put and grab Beckham, Lee, Cooks, or Benjamin.

If Ebron falls out of the top 10 they might go out and get him...or maybe Evans. But Watkins is top 5 and they're not going there

Edited by '7', 28 April 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#10 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

Watkins will be done around 10 from what I hear. Lee is and will fall, over rated and a bit if OBJ but again its so deep. I'd take Evans at ten. There is a couple of WR's that can get taken in the late first and second that have the potential to be better then Watkins, don't move up for him.

#11 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

All I know is that we have an additional four comp picks this year, including one in the third round (the highest possible), two in the fourth round and one in the fifth.  So, I have confidence that Ozzie is going to build for the next few years.  I believe the Jets have 4 comp picks too.

Baltimore has been awarded 41 comp picks since 1996, most in the NFL, and they have used them to draft several standouts.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#12 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

If Rex still had personnel power they wouldn't have signed all offensive guys while nickel and diming every name corner out there. And honestly the GM should be running personnel anyway. If Rex wants to give input on defensive players fine but that should be the extent of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 April 2014 - 02:04 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#13 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

All I know is that we have an additional four comp picks this year, including one in the third round (the highest possible), two in the fourth round and one in the fifth.  So, I have confidence that Ozzie is going to build for the next few years.  I believe the Jets have 4 comp picks too.

Baltimore has been awarded 41 comp picks since 1996, most in the NFL, and they have used them to draft several standouts.

caveat is that neither us or the Ravens are allowed to trade any of our comp picks, so you're forced to put your nose to the grind and find a player their. Newsome  has the track record, jury's still out on Idzik.

Edited by '7', 28 April 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#14 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

If Rex still had personnel power they wouldn't have signed all offensive guys while nickel and diming every name corner out there. And honestly the GM should be running personnel anyway. If Rex wants to give input on defensive players fine but that should be the extent of it.

I wonder about last year though. Sheldon Richardson has Rex peeling paint off the walls in the Jets war room "GET ME THIS F&^(^ GUY" written all over him.

and you know what...he was right.

#15 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

That was where the value in the draft was.  Who was the big QB/WR/RB that was top ten material last year?  Most of the top five picks were offensive linemen and Tavon Austin was picked in front of us.

#16 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Here's my Jets full 2014 mock.through round 4. 

Rd1. Odell Beckham WR LSU

Rd2. Marcus Roberson CB Florida (Amaro will be on the board, the crowd will be chanting for him....Jets will take a corner.  

Rd3. Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington (may not be on the board...if he's not the Jets will go for someone like George Uko (DT) or Tre Boston (S). Likely Boston but I want Jenkins.

Rd4 Chris Watt G Notre Dame (shores up our guards a bit. Not so sold on Winters or Campbell yet)

Rd4 Brent Urban DT/DE Virginia (versatile player, this will be a Rex call) versatility would make it hard for us to pass up on him

Rd4 Jordan Tripp OLB Montana

Rd4 Jeff Janis WR Sag Valley State (Project receiver...Stephen Hill could be out that door.) This guy is rough around the edges but has raw skills.

Edited by '7', 28 April 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#17 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

delete

Edited by '7', 28 April 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#18 Charlesnj2009

Charlesnj2009

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

I think jets getting team together but they need better d together
2014-2015 season ticket holder
Section 14
Row 20
Seats 1 and 2

#19 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

I can vividly remember the days of the Jets sponging off of the Pats leftovers in the late 90's, early 00's. The days of: Dave Meggett, Terrell Buckley, Ty Law, etc..

https://twitter.com/...517870485106688

Chris Baker, Shaun Ellis, Danny Woodhead, James Ihedigbo, Darrelle Revis, Tim Tebow, Dustin Keller.. (since only 2010 mind you!)

..aren't they cute! :wub:  :wub: Keep sucking on the tailpipe of démodé ingredients from yester-year fella's. --next up: Bart Scott.

10 years.. and counting. :thumbsup:

NewEngland_logo_0.jpg

Edited by Beezer34, 30 April 2014 - 12:18 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#20 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Cmon Beez,

If the Patriots had completely fallen off a cliff or had become a .500ish up-and-down team since last winning a Super Bowl, I could understand you goofing on them.

Patriots in the nine years since their last Super Bowl victory:  110-34, 9-8 in the playoffs, 8 playoff appearances, 2-3 in AFC Championship games, 2 Super Bowl appearances

Jets in that same time frame:  69-75, 4-3 in playoffs, 0-2 in AFC Championship games, 0 Super Bowl appearances

Jets are 5-14 against the Pats in that time.

The Jets have may won a game here and there against the Pats, including a big Divisional Playoff game up in NE that was probably the biggest win of the last decade for the Jets, but it's not like they've have had a whole lot of success at the Pats' expense in the last nine seasons.  Bringing up Spygate yet again doesn't change any of that, or minimize it. 

And at least admit you wouldn't be saying a peep about Spygate if it had been the Jets involved.  And that Super Bowl victory or no Super Bowl victory, you would kill to see the Jets do what the Pats have done in the past nine years.  Hell, even the Pats' two Super Bowl appearances alone are more than 12 current NFL teams for their entire histories. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users