452 replies to this topic

#441 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

What's the point of even watching these games now if the Jets are just going to try to dumb it down to the nth degree by throwing ten passes a game?  I'm shocked they were even in the game being one-dimensional even when the Dolphins were putting their own scrub corner against Decker the whole game.  It's almost like Rex was saying 'okay you can make me play Geno, but you can't make me let him do anything'.  They might as well just go full retard next week and alternate Kerley and Harvin under center running the dopey wildcat.

And where the **** was this Chris Johnson the whole year?

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 December 2014 - 11:32 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#442 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

What's the point of even watching these games now if the Jets are just going to try to dumb it down to the nth degree by throwing ten passes a game? I'm shocked they were even in the game being one-dimensional even when the Dolphins were putting their own scrub corner against Decker the whole game. It's almost like Rex was saying 'okay you can make me play Geno, but you can't make me let him do anything'. They might as well just go full retard next week and alternate Kerley and Harvin under center running the dopey wildcat.

And where the **** was this Chris Johnson the whole year?

I think Chris Johnson has run for 100 every time he's faced the Dolphins in his career. I hate that guy lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#443 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:11 AM

Chris Johnson literally ran for more yards on that one play in the first quarter than we threw for in FIFTY-EIGHT MINUTES of football.  4-8 for 42 yards passing before that last drive....eight pass attempts and 42 yards in 58 minutes!  Honestly I think this game was Rex telling Idzik to fvck off...you're gonna make me start Geno?  Fine but he's not going to throw the ball :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 December 2014 - 12:13 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#444 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

Well whatever. At this point winning doesn't help the Jets. They need to get a high enough pick to draft Mariotta (and stay the hell away from Winston) they may yet have a chance to knock Miami out week 17 again and if that doesn't mess up with the Mariotta pick then go all out that game. But for now this result is probably for the best.

Geno Smith...they just have no confidence in him doing anything. And he's a turnover prone idiot. I used to think that he'd become one of those career backups like Jim Sorgi or John Friesz, but no way. This clown will be out of the league if not next year than by 2016. He is utterly hopeless. Not even a Chip Kelly offense could prop him up.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#445 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:36 AM

Well whatever. At this point winning doesn't help the Jets. They need to get a high enough pick to draft Mariotta (and stay the hell away from Winston) they may yet have a chance to knock Miami out week 17 again and if that doesn't mess up with the Mariotta pick then go all out that game. But for now this result is probably for the best.

Geno Smith...they just have no confidence in him doing anything. And he's a turnover prone idiot. I used to think that he'd become one of those career backups like Jim Sorgi or John Friesz, but no way. This clown will be out of the league if not next year than by 2016. He is utterly hopeless. Not even a Chip Kelly offense could prop him up.

Pass on Winston at your own peril. His off the field issues are no worse than Sanchez's who had the same exact accusations against him as Winston.

Winston's college resume is outstanding, and he's not someone who you might think has a gimicky aspect to his game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#446 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

Pass on Winston at your own peril. His off the field issues are no worse than Sanchez's who had the same exact accusations against him as Winston.

Winston's college resume is outstanding, and he's not someone who you might think has a gimicky aspect to his game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Winston's had a billion things in college, from being cited for stealing crab legs to standing on top of a table and shouting something lewd/stupid to get himself suspended from being dumb enough to run out onto the field in uniform while suspended, and that's without even getting into the more serious accusations that the university and state have tried to sweep under the rug.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 December 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#447 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

Winston's had a billion things in college, from being cited for stealing crab legs to standing on top of a table and shouting something lewd/stupid to get himself suspended from being dumb enough to run out onto the field in uniform while suspended, and that's without even getting into the more serious accusations that the university and state have tried to sweep under the rug.

Yeah Winston is a tool. I don't think New York is a good place for a kid like him with all his maturity issues. He needs to be in a small market in middle-America somewhere.

#448 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,941 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

Yeah Winston is a tool. I don't think New York is a good place for a kid like him with all his maturity issues. He needs to be in a small market in middle-America somewhere.

St Louis needs a QB....and had the coach in place to deal with this guy properly......

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#449 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

St Louis needs a QB....and had the coach in place to deal with this guy properly......

You mean LA?

#450 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,941 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

You mean LA?

Cute :lol:

Though LA is a hellhole and deserves him too :P

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#451 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

Cute :lol:

Though LA is a hellhole and deserves him too :P

Winston in LA would be a bigger disaster than NY lmao.

#452 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

The other stuff you're talking about would not have got him suspended if not for the sexual assault allegations, which were lodged against Sanchez when he was at USC anddidn't really impact his NFL career one way or another.   It was really FSU trying to look like it was doing something, kind of like what A&M did with Manziel last season. 

It's ok to take the position that you don't care how good he might be since you could never root for someone with his character issues so you don't want him on the team.  However, if you're looking at it from purely a win/loss standpoint, he's the best QB available, and would be the best QB available in a lot of other drafts.   

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#453 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

Jets are going to get a lot of heat for not throwing this game (and they almost lost it anyway on a lateral play at the end, though one of the laterals looked forward) but I just don't see Rex as the type to throw games, and he sure as hell isn't accepting marching orders from the top to do so either, and neither Winston or Mariota are Luck level can't miss types (I remember Sam Bradford was a pretty close can't miss type too)

Still I would've wanted Mariota and that seems off the board barring a trade up. Geno has looked decent the past two games with the usual flashes of idiocy. He's not the future. And as of now I'm not sure what the future of this franchise is at QB.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users