514 replies to this topic

#501 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

yep beez. great pickup. I was worried about losing a coach like Dunbar but the Jets got the best possible guy to replace him in Pepper

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#502 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,536 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:03 AM

Do the Jets have an OC yet?

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#503 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,415 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

Do the Jets have an OC yet?

Chan Gailey

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#504 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Nick Barlotta @NBarlotta_Draft ยท 13m 13 minutes ago
Have it on good authority. . Ray Rice and Jets working on a deal TBA monday or tuesday.. would be a two year deal

:glare:

Edited by '7', 31 January 2015 - 06:50 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#505 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

and fwiw Eric Decker is trying to recruit Demaryius Thomas. Tough to see him leaving If Peyton sticks around and no QB here...but Peyton will only be around for 2015 if that and Thomas is looking for a long term deal. Jets certainly have the $.

#506 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,415 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:04 AM

I've never heard of this Nick Barlotta...would it completely shock me, no especially considering Rice has local ties through college but I don't even think this is a good football move leaving all the other nonsense aside.  Rice was more done two years ago than Chris Johnson was, and Johnson stunk for the most part this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 February 2015 - 12:05 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#507 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,759 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Lmfao, Rex: http://deadspin.com/...kene-1683386001
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#508 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

..sigh. He's just going to have to paint it green again, when he returns to the Jets in 2017 as our Defensive Coordinator. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34, 05 February 2015 - 01:32 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#509 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

heh, you know what though, there is a morsel of truth to what you say. If this Bowles thing doesn't work out, and if Rex doesn't find success in Buffalo...there will be talk about a Rex/Jets reunion if we and the Bills end up with vacancies at the same time

Something tells me Rex's final chapter with the Jets has yet to be written. Just have a feeling

#510 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

heh, you know what though, there is a morsel of truth to what you say. If this Bowles thing doesn't work out, and if Rex doesn't find success in Buffalo...there will be talk about a Rex/Jets reunion if we and the Bills end up with vacancies at the same time

Something tells me Rex's final chapter with the Jets has yet to be written. Just have a feeling

KC Joyner was adamant about why Rex chose Buffalo over Atlanta the second it happened. He said the whole reason surrounded around the wife. Rex's wife didn't want to leave the NY area, because evidently her entire family lives in Lansing.. which is smack-dad in the middle of New York, and practically the same distance from Northern New Jersey as it is to Buffalo. Couple that with the Woody Johnson relationship, (and how much the Jet fans love Rex) I absolutely believe Rex will find his way back to Gang Green in some capacity down the road. He himself said @ the Bills press conference: "if it doesn't work out in Buffalo, then it just doesn't work for me as a Head Coach. This is my last chance." --and I don't ever see Rex as a TV guy. He simply loves being around the game\players too much. I genuinely feel if he strikes out as a Head Coach with the Jills.. then we're looking at the next Defensive Coordinator of the Jets in 2017-18

Edited by Beezer34, 05 February 2015 - 04:27 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#511 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,536 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

I think Ray lost two steps post Superbowl.  Not sure he is the threat he once was.

Why would the Jets invite this PR nightmare?

Edited by MantaRay, 06 February 2015 - 12:07 PM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#512 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

I think Ray lost two steps post Superbowl.  Not sure he is the threat he once was.

Why would the Jets invite this PR nightmare?

My mistake for thinking a "moms basement" Twitter guy was legit. Prob wont happen. Not ruling it out with Woody running the show but not likely.

#513 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Apparently Cromartie wants to really come back to NY and with Todd there it can really happen.

#514 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

http://thejetsblog.c...darrelle-revis/

Jets are discussing bringing back Revis

all well and good...discuss it. But Revis isn't the "final piece" to anything here. Plus he would command an immense salary. We could get like 3 other decent players to fill holes in other places. Or have one 30 year old Revis. Not that he wouldn't help but, this team needs some depth

Edited by '7', 03 March 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#515 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted Today, 07:20 PM

Havent posted in this thread since we were good... lol. 

Gotta sign Mo, Snacks, and let Harris walk.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users