94 replies to this topic

#41 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

The Jet fan killing the Pats for signing ex-Jets is now using an ex-Pat signed by the Jets to prove a point. #irony

Sure did..
..now name 7 more ex-Pats the Jets signed since 2010, and your post would have a point. #Veracity

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#42 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP 27m
Sammy Watkins told me Rex said to him recently that Watkins is so hot "the Jets are trying to trade 10 years of [first-round] picks for me."

would I give up next years first for Watkins and perhaps a 3rd this year?

I probably would, not 100%...but probably would.

Seems like the Jets are indeed on Watkins trail

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#43 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

Sure did..
..now name 7 more ex-Pats the Jets signed since 2010, and your post would have a point. #Veracity

In 5 minutes of research, I found:

Ras-I Dowling

Jermaine Cunningham

Damien Woody

Zoltan Mesko

Shawn Crable

So it's not 8, but 6 is still not an insignificant number.

And if we move the bar back by number of years, it becomes more even; these two teams have been roster and coach sniping ever since Parcells went from Pats to Jets in 1999 (and probably before, though with less fanfare).

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#44 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,128 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:45 AM

Watkins would require trading inside the top 6 at least (Bucs long rumored to snatch him if he's at 7), maybe even top 3. Not happening. Could see a trade up for Mike Evans or Odell Beckham, however. If the Jets choose to keep their picks, Brandin Cooks seems like a reasonable target at 18. Could be a few CB to choose from as well if they go that route.

Edited by nmigliore, 08 May 2014 - 06:03 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#45 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

yea, Fuller or Dennard. Though not sure how Dennards game would translate to the PI happy NFL

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#46 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

How comfortable are nyj fans right now with Vick at QB. Manziel still on the board

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#47 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Jets pick pryor

#48 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

How comfortable are nyj fans right now with Vick at QB. Manziel still on the board

Doesn't look like the league is too high on Manziel. He even slipped past Dallas. Don't think I would've taken 'em. All the eggs are in the Geno basket and if that doesn't work out we have Vick to lean on, who is a proven commodity

I sort of overlooked Pryor. He definitely fills a need, looks like a solid pick.

But we still need offense. We need a receiver, I hope they trade back up and get Cooks or Lee. Now I'm not sure they ever wanted Beckham, could've been a smokescreen. Rumors were they were going to trade up to get him but nothing transpired.

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Jets pick pryor

I would have been a lot more enthused about it if it wasn't for all the stupid ripping the Jets are going to get for passing on Manziel, when it's even money he slips out of the first round entirely.  Or if we actually had better than #3 corners.

I'm fine with Vick as long as he's healthy, which won't be long.  Geno deserves at least another chance and not to get thrown down an elevator shaft.

Doesn't look like the league is too high on Manziel. He even slipped past Dallas. Don't think I would've taken 'em. All the eggs are in the Geno basket and if that doesn't work out we have Vick to lean on, who is a proven commodity

I sort of overlooked Pryor. He definitely fills a need, looks like a solid pick.

But we still need offense. We need a receiver, I hope they trade back up and get Cooks or Lee. Now I'm not sure they ever wanted Beckham, could've been a smokescreen. Rumors were they were going to trade up to get him but nothing transpired.

They can get receiver later, the draft's chock-full of them this year.  Having Milliner and Wilson as your top two corners with Brady in the division, Watkins/Steve Johnson in Buffalo and Wallace/Hartline in Miami worries me though.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#50 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

I would have been a lot more enthused about it if it wasn't for all the stupid ripping the Jets are going to get for passing on Manziel, when it's even money he slips out of the first round entirely.  Or if we actually had better than #3 corners.

I'm fine with Vick as long as he's healthy, which won't be long.  Geno deserves at least another chance and not to get thrown down an elevator shaft.

They can get receiver later, the draft's chock-full of them this year.  Having Milliner and Wilson as your top two corners with Brady in the division, Watkins/Steve Johnson in Buffalo and Wallace/Hartline in Miami worries me though.

There are, but there is a drop off after the Beckham/Cooks/Lee.

Maybe we can get someone like Latimer.

And Watkins to Buffalo bothers me. Yea they gave up a sh!t ton but he's a pain in the ass that I didn't want in this division

#51 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Outstanding job by the Jets. So thankful Amaro slipped to us. Pretty much as good as any WR left.

Edited by '7', 09 May 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#52 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

Yup. Every team in the division seems to be getting better except for the Dolphins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

I actually wasn't watching the draft until just before the Jets pick but I watched the ESPN ticker scroll through the second-rounders and went wow, the TE is still there, maybe we'll get him.  And we actually didn't drop the ball on that one.  We needed a TE even worse than a WR in all honesty, and this guy's supposed to be really good.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#54 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

I'm shocked the Giants didn't get him. I know Francesa wanted him on the Giants. Now that he's a Jet he can bash him with impunity.

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Jets finally address WR early in the fourth round with one midget speed guy from Oklahoma (who's also a special teams player) and a big body from UCLA.

#56 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

Jets finally address WR early in the fourth round with one midget speed guy from Oklahoma (who's also a special teams player) and a big body from UCLA.

They ended up taking a third receiver in Quincy Enunwa. Don't know much about any of these guys...but if one of the 3 turn out to be a good NFLer it would be worth it

I think the Tajh Boyd pick is a bit of a waste. Maybe he makes the team as a fringe 3rd stringer...maybe he gets cut. Maybe he catches on as a special teamer after a position change, but I would've gone with an offensive tackle there.

Edited by '7', 10 May 2014 - 06:54 PM.

#57 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

Also, Michael Sam is a Ram. Was a bit worried Woody would demand we take him for the Tebow media circus factor. Thankfully that's over with.

#58 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Thought this deserved to be posted in both threads..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349625/article/don-jones-disciplined-for-tweets-about-michael-sam

..anyone else REALLY excited to play Miami this year?? :thumbsup:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#59 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

Thought this deserved to be posted in both threads..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349625/article/don-jones-disciplined-for-tweets-about-michael-sam

..anyone else REALLY excited to play Miami this year?? :thumbsup:

one really has nothing to do with the other. its not like the guys going 2 get released. granted it was stupid to tweet but that doesnt mean ur going 2 beat them next yr

#60 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

one really has nothing to do with the other. its not like the guys going 2 get released. granted it was stupid to tweet but that doesnt mean ur going 2 beat them next yr

After the whole Martin/Incognito thing this year, the Dolphins needed to tighten their ship and make sure stuff like this doesn't leak out into the media.

No it doesn't mean we're going to beat them but it shows that perhaps things are still a bit out of control their. They don't need any more negative PR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users