610 replies to this topic

#601 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,599 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Amaro wasn't wrong but it was too easy of a shot to take and quite honestly from the wrong messenger considering Amaro basically laughed off a suggestion he should study Mike Ditka (a HOF tight end!).

I'm sure he wasn't the only one rolling his eyes in the locker room over the whole Geno time thing in San Diego though, and the zero punishment for it.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 April 2015 - 11:06 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#602 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,849 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...ability-comment

"He's [Jace Amaro] full of sh!t, and I'll remind him of that when we play him. We weren't perfect, and I never said we were going to be perfect. But that's a fvcking bullsh!t comment. If he's happy that he's got a different coach in place, that's great. But we'll see how happy he is when I play against him. I want success for Woody Johnson, I do. But don't kid yourself -- we're gonna try to kick the sh!t out of them when we bring our team in. We're going to whip your ass. There are people in that organization who are going to be lifelong friends to me. But this is my damn football family now." --Rex Ryan

Rex speaking from the heart here. He sounds like a man that's still very hurt.

I like Rex, but he sounds like an oversensitive doofus who still hasn't figured out when to shut up. The guy got another job right away and will get at least two cracks to beat his old team...just once Rex, do your talking on the field and through actions, and not with more empty threats of kicking ass. The ass-whippings under Rex as a head coach have been a bit scattered...the guy just never seems to learn. Now if the Bills lose, Rex looks a bit dopey...sometimes it's just smarter to take the high road.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#603 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:56 AM

Amaro wasn't wrong but it was too easy of a shot to take and quite honestly from the wrong messenger considering Amaro basically laughed off a suggestion he should study Mike Ditka (a HOF tight end!)

Bingo!

http://nypost.com/2014/07/31/heres-why-jets-tight-end-jace-amaro-cant-catch-a-cold/

"The ball hit the ground and the barking at Jets rookie tight end Jace Amaro began. On one side, defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson taunted Amaro for letting a ball bounce off his hands. On the other side, quarterback Geno Smith yelled and used hand gestures to demonstrate how Amaro should have run the route. One player even jeered, “Can’t catch a cold” and as Amaro walked back to the huddle.. it was offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg’s turn to give Amaro an earful."

Someone should sit Amaro down and say: Jace, you led the team in drops last season with 13. Worry about catching the fvcking ball. :thumbsup:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#604 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,599 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

So of course we're going to Buffalo Week 17.  At least we didn't get the Week 1 opener up here I feared, actually we probably got - hopefully - our most winnable game right up front with the Browns coming in.

Our only MNF game is Week 2, at Indy.  Thursday November 12 (home against the Bills) and Saturday December 19 (at Dallas), both 8:25 PM are our other primetime games.

http://nypost.com/20...ing-in-week-17/

Edited by NJDevs4978, 21 April 2015 - 07:51 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#605 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,851 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:21 PM

To me it's funny how the NFL tries to make a major event out of every offseason happening. I mean schedule release? We pretty much know exactly almost all of our opponents anyway

Anyway...I really want to beat the Giants this year. Badly. Would be nice to finally beat the Eagles as well (never beaten them in our history...granted we don't play often)

November 8th through Dec 27th is an easy travel stretch for us. 6 of the 8 games are at home. That could be a major advantage. Heck the Jets will not be travelling anywhere between just before Thanksgiving (Nov 23) and Dec 16th or so when they take off for Dallas. We have a stretch of 3 straight home games.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#606 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,599 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

Well it is noteworthy to see who we play the first/last game of the season, and what the national TV games are.  That's mainly the biggest deal about THE SCHEDULE RELEASE :lol:

We did already know the Miami Week 4 London trek and the bye coming after that.  At least the NFL got that right in recent years, lining up the bye to give teams extra rest after the long trip.

#607 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,851 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:39 PM

I hate that London game so much, but the Jets were due to play in it. I think they've had it for like 10 years already and we have yet to participate

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#608 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,599 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:43 PM

I don't like it on principle but it will be nice/different to actually have a 9:30 AM game...we'll get to know how the Cali residents like Clown feel with their games always starting 10 AM local time.

#609 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

I hate that London game so much, but the Jets were due to play in it.

Honestly though.. go have the game in London --or-- play it in Miami, against a rabid Dolphin fanbase? I'm actually thrilled that (not only) is this game not considered a home game for the Jets.. but it's against a Division opponent.

..then if that's not enough, the Giants game @ MetLife is actually considered a road game to boot! :P

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#610 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,264 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Honestly though.. go have the game in London --or-- play it in Miami, against a rabid Dolphin fanbase? I'm actually thrilled that (not only) is this game not considered a home game for the Jets.. but it's against a Division opponent.

..then if that's not enough, the Giants game @ MetLife is actually considered a road game to boot! :P

A 'rabid Dolphins fan base'? That's gotta be a joke right? Our stadium has 10,000 Jet fans in it every year. We'll have more fans in London than we get in Miami.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#611 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,599 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

Plus we seem to do better against them down there than up here anyway :P

lol it's more of a pronounced split than I thought...they're 6-1 against us in their last seven games at the Meadowlands, we're 7-2 against them in our last nine games in Miami.  Shoulda given them our home game for the London trip :lol:

http://www.footballd...amvsteam?opp=17

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 April 2015 - 03:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users