502 replies to this topic

#1 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Maybe its a little early for this but its been too quiet and boring around here lately so.. A lot of scattered talk about possible trades and players that will be ufa's so i figured why not make a thread devoted to all of the possible free agents that will be available that people think would be a good possible sign for the devils..and maybe some trade possibilities but lets keep it realisitic. Just a few to get the thread started that have already taken place here on the board and over on HF.. stastny being a free agent seems like a lot of people want to target this guy but some do not think lou will be willing to throw the money his way which a lot of people seem to be guessing he will get something in the neighborhood of 7.5-8 a year and at a long length contract. A couple of trade talks that ive been seeing a lot of is evander kane from winnipeg and joe thornton ...who would you like to see here what would it take to get them here and how do you think they can help this team? DISCUSS!

Edited by 2ELIAS6, 04 May 2014 - 08:17 AM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

I saw it mentioned on HF (and unfortunately it probably isn't realistic for him to be moved), that Blake Wheeler could be a target of Lou's. That would cost quite a bit though.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

i saw that over there as well... i also saw on hf someone say something about cory schneider not wanting to re-sign here... which im sure is all BS but just the thought of him not signing a new contract makes me wonder what the hell we would do for another goal tender that plays at his level.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

i wouldnt be shocked that Cory not wanting to re-sign here is legit though. i mean... not as if he doesnt have any reasons, this season might have left a sour taste in his mouth with all the Brodeur bullsh!t, us missing the playoffs and us not being able to score fvcking goals to help him.

www.SterioDesign.com

#5 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

The guy who posted that said he sat next to Oren Koules (the Hollywood producer who used to own part of the Lightning) on a plane and Koules told him he didn't think Schneider would re-sign. You know what they say about opinions...

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

i wouldnt be shocked that Cory not wanting to re-sign here is legit though. i mean... not as if he doesnt have any reasons, this season might have left a sour taste in his mouth with all the Brodeur bullsh!t, us missing the playoffs and us not being able to score fvcking goals to help him.

Marty will hopefully be out the door. 8 years and more money than anyone else can offer. Only a 5-hour car ride from home. If he doesn't want to re-sign, he's a little bitch.

#7 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Marty will hopefully be out the door. 8 years and more money than anyone else can offer. Only a 5-hour car ride from home. If he doesn't want to re-sign, he's a little bitch.

Why is he a little bitch? He was traded unbeknownst to him and his first comments didn't exactly sound exciting. He's brought here has to put up with an aging goalie who's a diva. He gets this whole, "future of the franchise" thing while the GM talks out of the other side of his mouth. Then he doesn't get any offensive support and add to that the couple times during the season the team just flat out quit.

BTW my money is on Lou getting an over the hill third liner to play on the first line.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Why is he a little bitch? He was traded unbeknownst to him and his first comments didn't exactly sound exciting. He's brought here has to put up with an aging goalie who's a diva. He gets this whole, "future of the franchise" thing while the GM talks out of the other side of his mouth. Then he doesn't get any offensive support and add to that the couple times during the season the team just flat out quit.

BTW my money is on Lou getting an over the hill third liner to play on the first line.

My money is on Lou shaking the sh!t out of this team and doing something no one saw coming. He's pissed. He knows 3 out of 4 years out of the playoffs is unacceptable. He'll be active. And Schneider would be a little bitch because: who the fvck cares about last year now? Marty will hopefully be gone. This will be Cory's team going forward. He will have a good defense in front of him. He's not far from home and stands to make the most money right here. He'll be on a competitive team with deep-pocketed ownership. There's no reason to leave. Now if Marty is inexplicably brought back- all bets are off.

#9 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

Any reasons that Schneider has for leaving only have to be legitimate to him.  I can understand why he'd think long and hard about it...two of the team's top forwards are almost done, no one's sure how much longer Lou's going to be on the job (though GMs get canned all of time...not like the GM would be a long-time lock in a lot of places).  The Pittsburgh goalie situation could be wide-open by the time he goes UFA.  He could get an 8th year here that he can't anywhere else, but would he necessarily want that? 

And admittedly, I can understand why Schneider might be a little annoyed by the way he was used.  He should gotten much more starts than he did.  He's firmly in his prime, has played very well most of the time when given the chance, and keeps losing minutes to guys he's outplaying.  Probably gets old after awhile.

I agree with MD2020, in that I think Lou is going to be pretty active this offseason.  I think he very much wants to keep Schneider around, and knows he's got to sell him on why should want to spent the remainder of his prime years with the Devils.  

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#10 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

i think it's fair to say this offseason might be the most important offseason in a very very very very long time. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#11 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

i think it's fair to say this offseason might be the most important offseason in a very very very very long time.

i think its fair to say you sir are correct.. lou knows he needs to bring in some talent to get this team back in the game as a contender.. we miss the playoffs again next year and its just not going to be good for anything.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#12 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

was just poking around the avalanche forum on hf.. just about all of the people over there apparently seem to think that stastny will stay with them and if he doesnt he will most likely go to the blues
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#13 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

i saw that over there as well... i also saw on hf someone say something about cory schneider not wanting to re-sign here... which im sure is all BS but just the thought of him not signing a new contract makes me wonder what the hell we would do for another goal tender that plays at his level.

If we lose Cory, we just lost a top pick ( Nichushkin) in the draft, for a one year rental goalie. Now that really screwed up. Sorry guys, venting

3308166.jpeg

#14 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

If we lose Cory, we just lost a top pick ( Nichushkin) in the draft, for a one year rental goalie. Now that really screwed up. Sorry guys, venting

thing is... IMO Lou has to figure out whats gonna happen with Cory SOON. Cause if he's not in to re-sign, the best thing would be to trade him and find a replacement ASAP and if we wait late in the summer... chances are that our options are not great since most goalies would have signed somewhere else by then.

Then if we cant find anyone and have to keep him... then we start the season with him... god knows if we'll be able to trade for another guy? then if we approach the deadline and were a bubble team well again... its gonna be the "well we cant trade our #1 goalie when we're in the race for the playoffs bla bla bla" so we'll stick with him... then hope he'll change his mind and re-sign before free agency. Or......... well... you know... 

www.SterioDesign.com

#15 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

We all know that feeling of being screwed over much too well..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#16 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

Holy sh!t guys, stop talking about HF.  That place blows, and if you want to talk about it, talk about it over there.  Don't bring stupid rumors about sitting next to people on planes here.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#17 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Holy sh!t guys, stop talking about HF.  That place blows, and if you want to talk about it, talk about it over there.  Don't bring stupid rumors about sitting next to people on planes here.

wow thats a bit much take it easy...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Holy sh!t guys, stop talking about HF. That place blows, and if you want to talk about it, talk about it over there. Don't bring stupid rumors about sitting next to people on planes here.

It does blow, that's why I don't post there. But its interesting to read. And by posting that, I was merely pointing out that the 'rumor' was bullsh!t to begin with. So relax...

#19 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

I feel confident Cory will resign with us. This is closer to home, way less traveling (in the East-especially our division) He'll get decent (not stupid) $$$. I see Devin Setaguchi (sp)? is a free agent.  I wonder how far past his prime he is? or is he. He once was relatively productive

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

wow thats a bit much take it easy...

Man I gotta admit... I'd love to be important enough in here one day to actually boss people around about what they can and cannot talk about.  :wink2:

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users