Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Wow, that didn't take long.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#182 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

The rangers can get a lot more dangerous if they make the right moves. I for one am scared.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#183 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

We'll always have this:

afc056f2f90c4a438001bcba49994907-f9f440d

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#184 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,024 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

MSG Network is proud to introduce a new series chronicling the Ranger careers of some of their best free-agent signings, entitled 'Endings'. First up- 'Endings: Brad Richards'.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#185 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,062 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

I think my favorite Brad Richards highlight is this one:  https://www.youtube....uADP8uy4#t=0m35

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#186 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

At least Brad will always have dress shirts the perfect length to wear untucked to remember New York by.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#187 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,024 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

I'd bet money Richards will be an Islander before the end of next week.

#188 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Starting to wonder if/when our buyout comes.

#189 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

Starting to wonder if/when our buyout comes.

It will probably happen around the draft so Lou can see who else gets bought out

#190 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

Wonder how cheap we could get Richards for. Wouldn't be a terrible option. I don't think he's incredibly washed up, was just on an awful contract.

#191 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

It will probably happen around the draft so Lou can see who else gets bought out

I think we will know definitively next week. It sounds like Volchenkov is a possibility based on Lou's comments that it was under consideration.

Would not be stunned if we looked into Richards ourselves.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#192 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Wonder how cheap we could get Richards for. Wouldn't be a terrible option. I don't think he's incredibly washed up, was just on an awful contract.

i agree id be willing to look into him but not for anywhere near what the flyers gave vinny, and unfortunately someone is probably dumb enough to do just that.

#193 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

I'd bet money Richards will be an Islander before the end of next week.

I'm not so sure. Isles seem intent on adding a winger for Tavares and at least one defenseman if not two.
Rangers still have to pay Richards the remaining money on his huge bonus I believe. I think that's exempt from the buyout and reduction calculations.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

#194 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,024 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

I'm not so sure. Isles seem intent on adding a winger for Tavares and at least one defenseman if not two.
Rangers still have to pay Richards the remaining money on his huge bonus I believe. I think that's exempt from the buyout and reduction calculations.

Apparently, he doesn't want to leave the area. If that's true, its either us or the Isles. Hopefully its the Isles.

#195 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

If we miss on Stastny and others I wonder how cheap he would come. 2 years, $4 per? At the least, it would slide Henrique over to wing where he is a much better player. 

Ruutu - Zajac - Jagr

Elias - Richards - Henrique

Not great, but certainly not terrible.

#196 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Apparently, he doesn't want to leave the area. If that's true, its either us or the Isles. Hopefully its the Isles.

I would be surprised if Lou didn't call. I would do a 2 year deal or 3 year deal. I wouldn't go beyond that. He would help our forwards and especially PP options at center. Henrique could move to wing and Ryder might benefit from having a Richards type.

We could still make a trade for a winger and maybe dump Brunner.

#197 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Elias is better suited at center in my opinion in this stage of his career. I think he sees the game better at that position. I'd definitely take a chance on Richards as a winger though, I think he would do better at that position. We still have to move one of Ryder or Brunner in my opinion in order to open up some room to sign a better forward or two. Preferably I want Ryder gone since Brunner is younger and we can use his speed. I also want Ruutu and Zubrus on the third or fourth line. Our entire lineup is a mess right now so I can't wait for Lou to clear up some room on D and F.

Edited by Zubie#8, 20 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#198 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,024 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

#199 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

He's sooo slow, his footspeed is terrible.

The last thing we need is another slow bottom-6 forward.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#200 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

Elias is better suited at center in my opinion in this stage of his career. I think he sees the game better at that position. I'd definitely take a chance on Richards as a winger though, I think he would do better at that position. We still have to move one of Ryder or Brunner in my opinion in order to open up some room to sign a better forward or two. Preferably I want Ryder gone since Brunner is younger and we can use his speed. I also want Ruutu and Zubrus on the third or fourth line. Our entire lineup is a mess right now so I can't wait for Lou to clear up some room on D and F.

Elias is better at wing and he has stated often he does not like playing center. Richards is a center and does not play well on the wings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users