502 replies to this topic

#301 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

hes a solid player but it is crazy to think that someone with as little proven as Fayne could be getting 4 million/year

He is proven?  He's been a steady contributor in the lineup, plays against top competition, and he's been to a SCF playing on the top pairing?  I think other teams will bite.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#302 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

I was hoping he'd stay under the radar and other teams wouldn't bite, but it seems like they've caught onto him.

#303 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

I love Volchenkov as well but one of the two have to go, I would really love to see Salvador moved.

Unfortunately it appears that Lou won't be pulling the trigger on a buyout this season. He's pretty much said they want to keep everyone.

#304 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

If I'm Fayne, Edmonton is exactly the place I'd want to be (given the team on the ice, not so sure about the organizational incompetence).  He deserves a solid top 4 opportunity, and he'd be the best dman on their roster.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 25 June 2014 - 02:34 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#305 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

If I'm Fayne, Edmonton is exactly the place I'd want to be (given the team on the ice, not so sure about the organizational incompetence).  He deserves a solid top 4 opportunity, and he'd be the best dman on their roster.

joining a team full of youth too looks like they could be strong in the future in Fayne's eyes

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#306 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Fayne should probably go where the money is. It's such a weak group of defensemen out there that he'll never come close to this kind of cash again. 

From the Jersey to the Oilers might be as big a transition as you can get style wise.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#307 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I hear the Wild may want to trade Kyle Brodziak.

#308 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

I'm a big Fayne supporter but I would not sign him for 4 or 5 years.

I'm curious to your reasons why. A 4-5 year deal takes him thru his age 27-30/31 seasons so there shouldn't be a decline in his game. Would it be that he doesn't put up enough points to justify the cap hit you expect him to get? Or is it because NJ has a lot of young D that could replace him for a lot cheaper?

I would do four if the AAV is around $3 million. But I'm just more bummed about it because it means that The defense will be worse next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to be annoyed if both Salvador and Volchenkov are playing next year, Fayne's gone, and Larsson is on the bench. Hopefully Lou doesn't let this happen.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#309 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'm curious to your reasons why. A 4-5 year deal takes him thru his age 27-30/31 seasons so there shouldn't be a decline in his game. Would it be that he doesn't put up enough points to justify the cap hit you expect him to get? Or is it because NJ has a lot of young D that could replace him for a lot cheaper?

I'm going to be annoyed if both Salvador and Volchenkov are playing next year, Fayne's gone, and Larsson is on the bench. Hopefully Lou doesn't let this happen.

I'll be equally annoyed if his "Get Larsson a spot" plan was to let Fayne go, all along.

#310 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

The money we don't spend on Fayne will be used to sign Brian Gionta

#311 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,025 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Why don't you tell us one more time slash. Are we gonna sign CBGB too? Why don't you confirm that sh!t for us one more time.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#312 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Why don't you tell us one more time slash. Are we gonna sign CBGB too? Why don't you confirm that sh!t for us one more time.

Ok. He's going to sign the entire CBGB line.

#313 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,025 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Ok. He's going to sign the entire CBGB line.

Awesome. Thanks. Sorry for the outburst, just getting tired of all the negativity.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#314 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,487 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

How about we just wait until July 1st to see where these players eventually end up?  Right now we are going on what these insiders and insssiiiderrss120&^% are saying on twitter and are writing things to get views/hits/retweets/handjobs/onions.  Getting this nutty on the first day of FA interviews is pissing in the wind at this point.

#315 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,062 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Awesome. Thanks. Sorry for the outburst, just getting tired of all the negativity.

Don't apologize, he's said it 8 times by now.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#316 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,062 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

'Shouldn't be a decline in his game' are famous last words.  It's still a large risk to sign anyone to a 5 year contract at 27, especially a player who is good but certainly not great.  A lost step and Fayne doesn't move the needle at all - it wouldn't take much for him to become not good because his game doesn't have all that much to it.

I agree with Daniel that I would not have a problem with 4/12, but the Devils' young D are coming - they *should* be able to replace Fayne.  This would free up money for them to get someone better than Fayne, or at least with a more varied skill set.

The problem would of course be that once Salvador is gone next year that they would look to replace him with a D of similar kind, or god forbid bring him back another year - well, that would be just awful.

Edited by Triumph, 25 June 2014 - 05:04 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#317 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

How about we just wait until July 1st to see where these players eventually end up?  Right now we are going on what these insiders and insssiiiderrss120&^% are saying on twitter and are writing things to get views/hits/retweets/handjobs/onions.  Getting this nutty on the first day of FA interviews is pissing in the wind at this point.

Hey why don't you go over to boring.com and post on the boring.com message board?

#318 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Don't apologize, he's said it 8 times by now.

Go suck an egg.

#319 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Go suck an egg.

tumblr_lbrew1w8OQ1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

#320 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest